Is anyone else a Japan nerd like me?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 6, 2013
Sep 6, 2013
Just a warning for any potential grooms out there... if you swallow live fish at our wedding, don't be expecting any kisses from me!

:p

violakat

Apr 23, 2014
Ok, so technically, I can, in a long and very far away, like less then 1% of 1%, actually be considered partially Asian, as my brother's DNA, showed that somewhere along the way we had Chinese and East Indian Ancestors. So yes Roh, that means we could be related. But you would never in a million years guess it, since I look more Irish/Welsh then anything, except maybe to another Irish/Welsh person. Oh, did I say, that it's probably less then a 1% of a 1%. And I'm guessing that it's more then likely through my Cherokee ancestry, or else, as a friend once said, quite probably all the way back to the Tower of Babel, since everyone is related at some point.

Reborn

Nov 16, 2014
Ok, so technically, I can, in a long and very far away, like less then 1% of 1%, actually be considered partially Asian, as my brother's DNA, showed that somewhere along the way we had Chinese and East Indian Ancestors. So yes Roh, that means we could be related. But you would never in a million years guess it, since I look more Irish/Welsh then anything, except maybe to another Irish/Welsh person. Oh, did I say, that it's probably less then a 1% of a 1%. And I'm guessing that it's more then likely through my Cherokee ancestry, or else, as a friend once said, quite probably all the way back to the Tower of Babel, since everyone is related at some point.
Welcome.
1/1000th Asian huh?
Well, it's always nice to meet a fellow sister...or....?;)

Someone told me once that they liked Bruce Lee movies, so I told them,
what the hay, you can be an honorary Asian now.:D

S

Shouryu

YOU KNOW MONICA RIAL?!

*fangirls*
monica shows shour more love.jpg

Yup.

laura loves shour.jpg

Laura Bailey, too. Although, Laura and I aren't really friends. I just needed an excuse to post this picture. I had the biggest crush on her.

I was pretty tight with Greg Ayers and Brett Weaver as well, but the only VAs I ever fanboy'd out over were Tiffany Grant and Steve Blum. I do have pictures with all these people, but I'm not going to turn this thread into my flipbook. ^_^

H

Hellooo

Um... WHY was the groom swallowing live goldfish?? O_O

I wonder how long the little guy lived in there before being digested...

*vomit*

i don't have any rational reason, that's just his personality... he did it purely for the shock value - bride and groom making rounds to greet people before their dance, there were live goldfish in bowls as table centerpieces (which is already weird in and of itself), and when he came around to us he pulled a "hey guys, check this out!" and picked up the poor fish by its tail and gulped it down.

People throwing up near me is actually one of my biggest phobias, so i had this really intense moment of alternating between being baffled by him, freaked out by my friend barfing, and laughing so hard i cried.

My friend audibly gags every time we remind her.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
i don't have any rational reason, that's just his personality... he did it purely for the shock value - bride and groom making rounds to greet people before their dance, there were live goldfish in bowls as table centerpieces (which is already weird in and of itself), and when he came around to us he pulled a "hey guys, check this out!" and picked up the poor fish by its tail and gulped it down.

People throwing up near me is actually one of my biggest phobias, so i had this really intense moment of alternating between being baffled by him, freaked out by my friend barfing, and laughing so hard i cried.

My friend audibly gags every time we remind her.
So what is this friend's number? No no no, I won't CALL her... just send her a text every three days, from a different phone each day, "remember that guy who swallowed the live goldfish at the wedding?"

Bwahahaha!!!

violakat

Apr 23, 2014
So what is this friend's number? No no no, I won't CALL her... just send her a text every three days, from a different phone each day, "remember that guy who swallowed the live goldfish at the wedding?"

Bwahahaha!!!
I think her number is 867-5309

violakat

Apr 23, 2014
Welcome.
1/1000th Asian huh?
Well, it's always nice to meet a fellow sister...or....?;)

Someone told me once that they liked Bruce Lee movies, so I told them,
what the hay, you can be an honorary Asian now.:D
Is it bad that I like shocking people with that little gem. Hee hee.

JesusMyOnly

Jun 30, 2014
:eek: I really appreciate Japan. :D I like their culture!!! I really like their fashion, I do enjoy some of their music. I'm interested in their school system and I enjoy some anime and movies from Japan. Their history opens up a world of learning. And Japanese people are pretty awesome. I'm trying to learn the language somewhat as well. Lets not forget the cute Japanese boys lol.

I'm more of a Korean culture nerd tho.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
What I love about the Japanese and their culture is their mixture of aesthetic beauty with utility and practicality.

It's evident in much of what they produce be it cars, laptops, bookmarks, cups, or swords. Something that can only seem to come from a culture that respects its ancient heritage, but embraces innovation all at once. In this I rather wish that other nations learn from their example.

Other than Miyazaki, I have little interest in anime, but I love what I have seen of Japanese film. Seven Samurai is fantastic and Letters from Iwo Jima is probably the best war film made since ​Das Boot.

Feb 18, 2013
View attachment 94364

Yup.

View attachment 94365

Laura Bailey, too. Although, Laura and I aren't really friends. I just needed an excuse to post this picture. I had the biggest crush on her.

I was pretty tight with Greg Ayers and Brett Weaver as well, but the only VAs I ever fanboy'd out over were Tiffany Grant and Steve Blum. I do have pictures with all these people, but I'm not going to turn this thread into my flipbook. ^_^
I guess it makes sense, given Funimation's location...but still..SO COOL. I adore Laura Bailey! She and Travis came up to Anchorage for our one anime convention a few years back, but unfortunately it was one year before I knew the convention existed. I'm hoping they come back soon!

christian74

Oct 1, 2013
Steph?... Asian culture obsessed or AC "nerd"? :D jk.
........You said "ask anything", in another thread?

Being an Asian has it's perks...people automatically think I'm smart....that is, until I open my mouth and my words just sort of spray everywhere.:eek:

I guess I'm happy I've been given the talent to quickly kill that stereotype with everyone I meet.:(

Hahaha.. I was laughing pretty hard 'cause it kinda reminded me of my own story.
I was a junior in high school, struggling in math (or rather just wasn't interested in) and one Asian guy came over, trying to encourage me, said, "Dude, you are Asian, pull it together man."

Yeah, I was never interested in math, except Geometry, and don't remember a single thing about cosine and limit and stuff.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Sadly I think my sushi menu is pretty limited. The only one I really like is shrimp rice/ebi