Is Catholicism Christian? Are Catholics Saved?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
I used to give up candy for lent. Actually, my parents insisted on that. I'm from a Catholic family also. If I were still a practicing Catholic I would light a candle for a few of the CC peeps. Easter was always cool as I got my candy back. It was like Halloween.
Bless me father for I have sinned. It's been 35 years since my last confession......

Mar 28, 2016
Hi Garee,

My post wasn't intended to be cherry-picked. Would you mind responding to the entire set of questions? Thanks
Hi thanks for the reply..

I can.. but to get to the end of the manner which from my experience the Catholic must avoid sola scriptura (all things written in the law and the prophets) is the final authority in matters of faith the unseen.

The Catholic in the same way as the apostate Jew widened the authority of God ‘s word to include the things of men .(The oral traditions of the fathers.as commandments of sinful men )

It's what reformed the church in both the first century reformation as well as the fifteenth century reformation. It took away the false zeal for knowing God teaching men to walk by faith .
Questions:
1) Are there any other people, groups, or organizations that can be identified who had differing or opposing beliefs that are documented (other than the groups that were deemed non-Christian identified above)?
Everyone that has a private interpretation as a personal commentary of what they believe the Holy Spirit is teaching them in respect to His interpretation the bible has a difference of opinion or heresy .

When two or three gather together under the authority of His living abiding word he is there teaching as we do seek after his approval .

Why must the Catholic seek the approval of the fathers (men) as private interpretation rather than according to the command to study to seek His approval as one not seen ? What the purpose?

Matthew 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Is Christ the Holy Spirit not in the midst of two or three when they do gather together in his name, the word of God?

Must a Catholic father be there as a law of men in order to have any understanding?

Lukwiz

Oct 13, 2017
But you are making excuses and you're doing it again.

This has nothing at all to do with being perfect, or falling short that isn't the subject or matter at hand. The matter at hand is the false teachings and idolatry your sect practices and of which you are complicit and in which you willfully sin. It isn't mere "falling short" or "failing to be perfect." Honestly your excuses here are intolerable and deplorable. You're still at least even admitting it is sin by comparing yourself to others.

Your RCc allows and maintains idolatry, you're so caught up in it that you've justified it while pointing at others as an excuse to continue in it willingly. Be honest and accept this, it is a good starting point for you!

You won't be judged on a curve, nor will anyone else. God's judgment is according to truth, Romans 2:2, and the truth is the allowed practice of idolatry in the name of your religion is sinful and against God. They are designed traditions that go against God.

The other glaring factor, while you excuse your sin because of others, is that your RCc has pronounced anathema, unrecanted, on all outside her that are in Christ. Let's apply your excuse to that; "Well, no one is perfect, we all fall short." Please don't make an excuse for staying in her by saying "I don't believe that." Come on. How many excuses for that apostate religion are you allowing? Is that another one? How many more are there? I can name many!

Come on man, own up. I pray God convicts you and gets you out of that sinful and idolatrous religion. He will if you are his elect, I pray that you are.
I don't see the idolatry the ancients practised in any of the orthodox Christian churches; however, perhaps it does still exist in the same mold in Hinduism or Asiatic religion.

Last edited:

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Well of course its worship, hallowing after seeking that not seen is the faith principle reserved for God alone.Its how we venerate God not seen, and not men seen .

You say same way? What same way? Seeking after disembodied workers with familiar spirits in which you must call Patron saints. There is a legion of them 3500 and rising. Protestants do not seek after necromancy. That’s a Catholic foundation.

Worshiping the unseen (the law of faith) is reserved for our Father in heaven as in one manner called “this manner” It’s not manners as in the sky was the limit. It’s not just hallow, a form of venerating and therefore worship the legion(3500 patron saints ) that are no longer alive on earth. We worship God who has no form, by faith .Not dead sinners that are asleep and will not be awoken until the last day.
Why do the Catholic venerate /worship that seen (men) and not that unseen? (our father in heaven. What’s the goal in that ?
Some catholic in Indonesian Christian discussion like this told me, st Joseph help him a Lot, he Said st Joseph guide him. I do not know how he communicate with st Joseph. There was ex catholic say, he use to believe that certain church have certain specialty, for Example church A has statue of st A, good in healing If you sick, pray there, church B has a has st B statue, good for Find a job, so If you want to Find a good job, pray at church B

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
I don't see the idolatry the ancients practised in any of the orthodox Christian churches; however, perhaps it does still exist in the same mold in Hinduism or Asiatic religion.
You don't see it? Honestly?

Psalm 115

2 Why do the nations say,
‘Where is their God?’
3 Our God is in heaven;
he does whatever pleases him.
4 But their idols are silver and gold,
made by human hands.

5 They have mouths, but cannot speak,
eyes, but cannot see.
6 They have ears, but cannot hear,
noses, but cannot smell.
7 They have hands, but cannot feel,
feet, but cannot walk,
nor can they utter a sound with their throats.
8 Those who make them will be like them,

Jeremiah 10

10 Hear what the Lord says to you, people of Israel. 2 This is what the Lord says:
‘Do not learn the ways of the nations
or be terrified by signs in the heavens,
though the nations are terrified by them.
3 For the practices of the peoples are worthless;
they cut a tree out of the forest,
and a craftsman shapes it with his chisel.
4 They adorn it with silver and gold;
they fasten it with hammer and nails
so that it will not totter.

5 Like a scarecrow in a cucumber field,
their idols cannot speak;
they must be carried
because they cannot walk.
Do not fear them;
they can do no harm
nor can they do any good.’

Isaiah 44

6 This is what the Lord says
Israel’s King and Redeemer, the Lord Almighty:
I am the first and I am the last;
apart from me there is no God.
7 Who then is like me? Let him proclaim it.
Let him declare and lay out before me
what has happened since I established my ancient people,
and what is yet to come—
yes, let them foretell what will come.
8 Do not tremble, do not be afraid.
Did I not proclaim this and foretell it long ago?
You are my witnesses. Is there any God besides me?
No, there is no other Rock; I know not one.”

9 All who make idols are nothing,
and the things they treasure are worthless.
Those who would speak up for them are blind;
they are ignorant, to their own shame.

10 Who shapes a god and casts an idol,
which can profit nothing?

11 People who do that will be put to shame;
such craftsmen are only human beings.
Let them all come together and take their stand;
they will be brought down to terror and shame.

12 The blacksmith takes a tool
and works with it in the coals;
he shapes an idol with hammers,
he forges it with the might of his arm.
He gets hungry and loses his strength;
he drinks no water and grows faint.
13 The carpenter measures with a line
and makes an outline with a marker;
he roughs it out with chisels
and marks it with compasses.
He shapes it in human form,
human form in all its glory,
that it may dwell in a shrine.

14 He cut down cedars,
or perhaps took a cypress or oak.
He let it grow among the trees of the forest,
or planted a pine, and the rain made it grow.
15 It is used as fuel for burning;
some of it he takes and warms himself,
he kindles a fire and bakes bread.
But he also fashions a god and worships it;
he makes an idol and bows down to it.
16 Half of the wood he burns in the fire;
over it he prepares his meal,
he roasts his meat and eats his fill.
He also warms himself and says,
“Ah! I am warm; I see the fire.”
17 From the rest he makes a god, his idol;he bows down to it and worships.
He prays to it and says,
“Save me! You are my god!”

18 They know nothing, they understand nothing;
their eyes are plastered over so they cannot see,
and their minds closed so they cannot understand.
19 No one stops to think,
no one has the knowledge or understanding to say,
“Half of it I used for fuel;
I even baked bread over its coals,
I roasted meat and I ate.
Shall I make a detestable thing from what is left?
Shall I bow down to a block of wood?”
20 Such a person feeds on ashes; a deluded heart misleads him;
he cannot save himself, or say,
“Is not this thing in my right hand a lie?”

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
I agree and I do believe a lot of Catholics are part of The Body of Christ but The Catholic Church has compromised in some very important areas. Spiritually dangerous ones. It's good that they lift up Jesus and confess to faith in him. But Israel ran into BIG trouble by setting up other gods beside the real one and worshipping them also. Prostitution of faith can get a nation destroyed. It's that serious. It's hard to ignore. You would have to throw out dozens of verses of scripture to make the Bible line-up with Catholic religious practices.
Interesting video on the origin of the "Roman" Catholic church.

[video=youtube;-KvQa9MPbIs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KvQa9MPbIs[/video]

Pagan customs and Christianity do not mix.

Lukwiz

Oct 13, 2017
an idolater believes the statue contains, part and parcel, the thing itself being worshipped. That doesn't happen much anymore thanks to Western enlightenment.

S

Seedz

Im just going to be blunt and direct.

Catholicism is satanic. Eveything about it is either in contradiction to the word of God, or straight up just blasphemous.

They practice necromancy and idolism. Praying to dead "saints" and the Virgin Mary. Nothing about this is in the word of God as something we should do. It actually speaks out against these very things.

They have a dead Jesus still on their cross. Last time I checked Jesus rose again on the third day.

No, Catholics are not satanists, but they are deceived by the enemy. It is meant to be a parallel to the truth to further confuse the masses and keep people away from the truth.

Just look at what Catholicism has done throughout history...

Lukwiz

Oct 13, 2017
"They have a dead Jesus still on their cross. Last time I checked Jesus rose again on the third day."

1. Not true of all crucifixes, some have a Jesus without his heart pierced, and 2. If Jesus wasn't on the cross you could say it was any person's cross or the thief's cross.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
an idolater believes the statue contains, part and parcel, the thing itself being worshipped. That doesn't happen much anymore thanks to Western enlightenment.
So never mind how The Lord feels about it then eh?
Evil spirits use the statues to draw off worship from the real God.
Have you ever heard of Fatima or Lourdes? These deceiving spirits have appeared to people, some of them children.
Pretending to be Mary. The Lord is trying to tell us in the Bible that the idolatry itself leads to much worse things.

How much plainer can he be?

Leviticus 26:
‘“Do not make idols or set up an image or a sacred stone for yourselves, and do not place a carved stone in your land to bow down before it.
I am the Lord your God.​

Last edited:

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
So, you just make up your own rules of idolatry in order to exempt yourself? Wow!

I'd dare say your seeking exemption would be status quo of all idolaters who deny they are such. Every age thinks it is the enlightened age and yet still practice the same idolatry and ungodliness while attempting to justify it under "We're smarter than them back then!" LOL!!!!!!! :D

Lukwiz

Oct 13, 2017
No, it's not the same idolatry. You label with a wide brushstroke and I'm done giving in.

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
No, it's not the same idolatry. You label with a wide brushstroke and I'm done giving in.
All idolatry is the same, you've just made up some rules to excuse yours. "Status quo" for all idolatrous practices. It's the same revamped practice of Israel; they feared their idols (gods), and "served" God at the same time.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
How many times do I have to say it? How many scriptures do you need to see?
The Lord God has "lablled" (as you put it) what idolatry is. Not me.

Revelation 9

20 The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the work of their hands; they did not stop worshipping demons, and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone and wood – idols that cannot see or hear or walk. 21 Nor did they repent of their murders, their magic arts, their sexual immorality or their thefts.

Habakkuk 2

[FONT=&quot]18 18‘Of what value is an idol carved by a craftsman?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Or an image that teaches lies?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For the one who makes it trusts in his own creation;[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] he makes idols that cannot speak.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]19 19Woe to him who says to wood, “Come to life!”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Or to lifeless stone, “Wake up!”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Can it give guidance?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] It is covered with gold and silver;[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] there is no breath in it.’[/FONT]

Last edited:

karen0123

Dec 14, 2011
Is Catholicism Christian? Are Catholics Saved? Please post with scripture.

I am a Catholic, Gods church is not in a building, it’s in people they are the church.

Ephesians 2:8-9King James Version (KJV) [SUP]8 [/SUP]For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:[SUP]9 [/SUP]Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I am a Catholic, Gods church is not in a building, it’s in people they are the church.

Ephesians 2:8-9King James Version (KJV) [SUP]8 [/SUP]For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:[SUP]9 [/SUP]
Not of works, lest any man should boast.
What you have stated is perfectly true. But are you aware that for the Catholic Church simply believing on the Lord Jesus Christ is not sufficient in order to be saved? Check out your Catechism.