Is Christian Metal bad?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Is Christian Metal Bad?

• Yes

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • dont really care

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Is Christan Metal BAD??

N

NoahsMom

Depends on who ya ask.

May 6, 2011
Is Christan Metal BAD??
Normally I say there is no such thing as a stupid question. Well I can't say that this time. Mostly because I see no issues with Christian Metal. People like to ignore the first name of the genre and class it in with just metal. To them I say clearly you have better things to do on your walk, than criticize how others worship. The best are the ones that say 'ohhh he is screaming, it can't be christian now!!!' lol

B

BLINDSIDE_CHIK

No...there's nothing wrong with it... and yeah it does depend who you ask and where they come from to. People have different opinions on the kind of thing. Especially if they've come from a generation of being reserved all the time. My mom doesn't like it cause they scream and she can't hear them so she says lol.. but I also think she doesn't like it because it reminds her how rock music was when she was younger. She grew up mainly in the 70s, and I dont think there was very much christian rock music around lol. I can understand why she and other would think that. But honestly, until you've actually understood it for what it is, it really isn't bad. In my opinion, it isn't a lot of people's #1preference, which is why they could do without it or care less. But No, I'd say there isn't a thing wrong with it. It's all about the message, what it is saying and how it's being brought out. :)

zone

Jun 13, 2010
CHRISTIAN + METAL = NOT CHRISTIAN

God is HOLY, HOLY, HOLY.

M

MaggieMye

Zone is correct. There is nothing about ANY metal music that edifies. It is harsh in sound, confusing in lyrics and insulting to any true musician. To call something that is offensive to most, "Christian" just by throwing the name of Jesus into the lyrics is an insult to the intelligence of any DILIGENT Bible reader....to everyone that is truly pursuing God and HIS WAYS. Metal music is not of God, it is a deception. It does not glorify God in ANY way possible.

Metal music is by nature, angry music. Now HOW can that glorify the Creator?

Jan 14, 2010
and who says you and zone determine what glorifies God?

i guess to you two, God can't use a rock to bring Him glory...

Colossians 3:23-24
23 Whatever you do, do it enthusiastically, as something done for the Lord and not for men,
24 knowing that you will receive the reward of an inheritance from the Lord—you serve the Lord Christ

i have heard many amazing things come from Christian metal... Yahweh even used Christian metal to minister to me in my life when i was not saved; i have friends who have gone to Christian metal concerts, and have witnessed first hand people coming to know Yahweh for the first time through the music...
God is not so utterly powerless that he cannot use a music genre to bring sinners to know Him.

take God out of your box

zone

Jun 13, 2010
and who says you and zone determine what glorifies God?

i guess to you two, God can't use a rock to bring Him glory...

Colossians 3:23-24
23 Whatever you do, do it enthusiastically, as something done for the Lord and not for men,
24 knowing that you will receive the reward of an inheritance from the Lord—you serve the Lord Christ

i have heard many amazing things come from Christian metal... Yahweh even used Christian metal to minister to me in my life when i was not saved; i have friends who have gone to Christian metal concerts, and have witnessed first hand people coming to know Yahweh for the first time through the music...
God is not so utterly powerless that he cannot use a music genre to bring sinners to know Him.

take God out of your box
people LOVE this 'ism"....translation: i have created a god in MY image. my god LIKES death-metal and AC/DC.

in case you hadn't noticed, God has placed Himself "in a box" - He stipulates how He is to be worshipped and approached....He is HOLY.

justify "metal" all you want to. it's of the world all the way (and that my PC answer).

anyway...aren't you a little old for metal at 28?

Last edited:
T

tomcat2012

I'm not gonna lie, you're gonna get a lot of biased answers. Even if there was scripture to "back it up" it's still biased. I say this because most of the verses being used are taken out of the context they're being used in. But it does say in the Bible that we need to worship God in everything we do. That includes playing the music we play, listening to the music we listen to, even simple things like walking or moving. Pretty much there is no boundary for worship. You can worship God with metal just like you can worship God with the church music you hear every sunday morning. :)

May 6, 2011
See christian metal probably has better lyrics than most other christian genre's people are just too lazy to actually listen

Lord of glory.
Make us worthy, to possess your name.

Give us a new name.
Call us your people, God.
Give us a new name.

[Ezekiel 36:26-28] - I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you.
I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.
And I will put My spirit in you and move you to follow My decrees and be careful to keep My laws.
You will live in the land I gave to your forefathers.
You will be my people and I will be your God.

And through all of this, there is nothing, absolutely nothing.
No fear, no insecurity, no doubt, no hesitation that will ever, ever stop us.
Because we are the sons of the living God.
Because we are the children of the Almighty.
Because we are the residents of the kingdom of Heaven.
And we are soldiers in an army of the immortal.
And when we speak life, life happens.
And when we speak healing, healing happens.
And when we speak truth, truth happens.
And when we go and take what we have found to a dead world, we�ll see it come to life again.
And when we take what we have found to a hopeless world, we�ll see hope come back.
We�ll see the heart of our world start beating again.
And we�ll see the color come back into people�s faces.
And absolutely nothing will ever stop that.
And mountains will move before us.
And oceans will part before us.
And the dead will raise before us.
And the world will know that our God is a god that heals.
That our God is a god that lives.
And our God is a god that loves unlike anything anyone has ever felt before.
Because we are fearless.
Because we are His hands.
And because we are His feet forever and ever.

B

beckyz

I admit that I struggle with some Christian metal. But I remember thinking that Keith Green was ""rock" and therefore evil. So, who am I to judge? Only God can just the heart.

Jan 14, 2010
people LOVE this 'ism"....translation: i have created a god in MY image. my god LIKES death-metal and AC/DC.

in case you hadn't noticed, God has placed Himself "in a box" - He stipulates how He is to be worshipped and approached....He is HOLY.

justify "metal" all you want to. it's of the world all the way (and that my PC answer).

anyway...aren't you a little old for metal at 28?
I'm simply going by what the Word of God says: worship from the heart.
who are you to use what God can and cannot use to bring people to know Him? just because YOU don't like it, doesn't mean Yahweh Almighty can't use it... He definitely used it to save me from committing suicide... i still remember the bands that He used... Demon Hunter and Vaakevandring were the biggest ones...

where in the Bible does it say that Yahweh can't use metal?
and since when does my age influence my music preferences?

by the way, here are some lyrics for you:

“I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.” (Galatians 2:20)– Therefore it’s no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me

Intimacy, companionship
This new divine, power
Personally,
Knowledge of Christ
A heart filled with, Love and Longing

Dwell in me, Christ
I give myself to you
A new, a better life
I will rise with you

Healing Water, purification
This life will be,
indestructible
Overflowing, love is given
Resurrection, has been given

I will rise with you
A new and a better life
I will rise with you

Accuracy, hitting the target
I can obtain, triumph
Perseverance, Accomplishing
breakthroughs I can become, A son born anew

Adrianv125

Jan 17, 2011
You be the judge...

YouTube - ‪? Wolves At The Gate - Oh, The Depths (Ft. Joe McFaddin) ?‬‏

Oh the depths of riches, like the water that fills the earth
The knowledge of my Creator who gives me worth
And though I crave to know all of the patterns of this world
Is endless for it's beyond tracing out

So from as far as I've seen there is a great hoard against me
Because I am a man sights see targets on my back
For all our hearts are not clean and the archers fire freely
Because I am a man sights see targets

For every knee will bow and every tongue confess
That you are God! For you are God!
His image bears the sight of the unseen King
His name is ever pleasing for this we do sing
Father of grace and mercy has poured out His wrath
Forever Your name proclaims!

The Father of grace and mercy has poured out His wrath completely
On His Son for our sake we are free who brought the Lamb to slaughter for me

Oh the depths of riches, like the water that fills the earth
The knowledge of my Creator who gives me worth
I have not a gift to bring for all things are from Him and glory forever
But as their arrows are drawn there is refuge in view

Now don't get me wrong I am the least of these
I have no knowledge to give or power to seize
I have not a gift or a planned endeavor
For all things are from Him and glory forever

There is love! Here is love! This is love! There is love!
Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Have they not been made such a fool in their squalor?
For they desired a sign and sought for the wise
When the precursor of life was right in front of their eyes

Oh death, oh death
Has lost it's sting on me
Oh death, oh death
You've been forever conquored

The Father of grace and mercy has poured out His wrath completely
On His Son for our sake we are free who brought the Lamb to slaughter for me

Last edited:

zone

Jun 13, 2010
See christian metal probably has better lyrics than most other christian genre's people are just too lazy to actually listen.
really?

well i'm glad you posted the DOMINIONIST, ANIMIST, WORD FAITH HERESY brainwashing instructions in the lyrics for us. MAN CENTERED.

"lyrics" which are embedded into the subconscious with the pagan percussion, repetition (and abhorrence for beauty) inherent in that JUNK.

And we are soldiers in an army of the immortal.
And when we speak life, life happens.
And when we speak healing, healing happens.
And when we speak truth, truth happens.
And when we go and take what we have found to a dead world, we�ll see it come to life again.
And when we take what we have found to a hopeless world, we�ll see hope come back.
We�ll see the heart of our world start beating again.
And we�ll see the color come back into people�s faces.
And absolutely nothing will ever stop that.
And mountains will move before us.
And oceans will part before us.
And the dead will raise before us.
And the world will know that our God is a god that heals.
That our God is a god that lives.
And our God is a god that loves unlike anything anyone has ever felt before.
Because we are fearless.
Because we are His hands.
And because we are His feet forever and ever.
good of the "artists" to share their Glory with God.

Stuey

Aug 17, 2009
As Martin Luther said - Why should the devil have all the good music?

May 6, 2011
really?

well i'm glad you posted the DOMINIONIST, ANIMIST, WORD FAITH HERESY brainwashing instructions in the lyrics for us. MAN CENTERED.

"lyrics" which are embedded into the subconscious with the pagan percussion, repetition (and abhorrence for beauty) inherent in that JUNK.

good of the "artists" to share their Glory with God.
The oddest part is how you ignore every line that has the word God in it...although I have some of your banal useless posts on here zone. Im surprised you havent hijacked this thread with your own personal anti-semitic rantings of how X topic is actually some sort of conspiracy betwen various groups for the jews to behead christians with some stupid noahide laws or something else. Besides you say that at 27-28 we are too old to listen to metal? arent you at 50-51 too old to be worried about we are listening to?