Is it sin?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

MLCochenour

I have thoughts that I like girls, and sometimes when a certain girls touches me, whether it be a hug or a accidental shoulder touch my body tingles. I don't usually like to be touched and it feels like my skin crawls when someone touches me, but this is a different feeling. I've heard some people say that homosexuality is a sin, but others have said it's not. So I'm not sure if it is a sin. Please tell me if it is. If it is a sin, then please tell me of anyway you know to get rid of these feelings. I pray about it, I've talked to one of my Christian friends about but she wasn't any help because it turns out she's bi, u have another bi friend, a gay friend, and 2 lesbian friends(u go to a art school so homosexuality is common) since homosexuality is common in my school I can't just walk away from that group of people without leaving my school which I refuse to do. Please tell me if it is sin, and if so then how to help get rid of these sinful thoughts and feelings.

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
If anyone says that homosexuality is not a sin, they have never read the bible...

If someone says that only sex with someone of the same gender is a sin, then they have never read the bible...

Homosexuality is a sin, period... Romans Chapter 1
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in [their] knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

There is no magic word that you say to get out of the temptation of sin... There is no prayer and poof the temptation is gone... You will always fight with your flesh... This is not a sprint and you try really hard for 1 week and you never have a sinful thought again... It is a marathon where every day you have to pick up your cross....

It's not a sin to hang out with homosexual's just like its not a sin to hang out with people who do drugs... But when you hang out with those people you are more tempted to give in... Just like your friend saying it is okay... The bible warns multiple times about homosexual behaviors...

J

Jesusismyrock

T_Laurich homosexuality as in gay sex and thoughts is a sin but not having the orientation of homosexuality is not a sin.
resisting and asking God for help is what they can do. They can't really change their sexuality without extreme help.
Sex outside of marriage is just as bad and a sin for everyone. Th only difference for homosexuals is that they can never have sex without it being a sin.
Just saying it's not sinful just to be homosexual. I understand what you mean T_Laurich but I have read it, some people read it and misunderstand it. People who hate gays are probably not christian.

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
T_Laurich homosexuality as in gay sex and thoughts is a sin but not having the orientation of homosexuality is not a sin.
resisting and asking God for help is what they can do. They can't really change their sexuality without extreme help.
Sex outside of marriage is just as bad and a sin for everyone. Th only difference for homosexuals is that they can never have sex without it being a sin.
Just saying it's not sinful just to be homosexual. I understand what you mean T_Laurich but I have read it, some people read it and misunderstand it. People who hate gays are probably not christian.
[video=youtube;_n078cvLw8I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n078cvLw8I[/video]

Sep 6, 2013
Practicing homosexuality is a sin. Some people, whether they've been hurt in the past or are just naturally inclined, can find themselves attracted to those of the same gender. However, if you stand firm in Christ, you can overcome. Your identity is not found in sexual attraction. It is found in Christ. The things of this earth will fall away, but God is everlasting and our souls are eternal, so we must look to Jesus for our identity.

The gay and lesbian movement does not want it known, but there have been many who've overcome their same-gender attraction and have gone on to lead healthy lives. I'm not saying it's easy, but I know that God never allows us to be tempted more than we can bear. He always provides a way out. There are some good books out there about people who've successfully overcome their homosexual natures. Whether or not you can overcome the actual attraction, there is still obedience in refusing to give into it. There is no sin in being tempted, when you do not give into the temptation. I would suggest you read a few for encouragement and help. Your struggle against this will be richly rewarded in due time. We all have our burdens to bear. Paul had a "thorn in his side", and we don't know what it was, but it caused him much grief. However, he proclaimed that God's grace was sufficient for him. It is sufficient for you as well. Blessings to you.

God heals woman from homosexuality. – Overcomers