IS NATIONAL DISASTER A SIGN OF GOD'S SPECIFIC DISPLEASURE UNDER THE NEW COVENANT?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ARE NATURAL DISASTERS A RESULT OF GOD'S SPECIFIC PUNISHMENT?

• YES, NATIONAL DISASTERS TODAY ARE A RESULT OF GOD'S SPECIFIC PUNISHMENT.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • NO, NATIONAL DISASTERS TODAY ARE NOT A RESULT OF GOD'S SPECIFIC PUNISHMENT

Votes: 11 73.3%

• Total voters
Dec 21, 2012
How does a Righteous God get the Attention of a fallen nation, who has no intention of turning or re-turning to Him?
2 Chronicles 7:14

[SUP]14 [/SUP]if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
Judgment has a way of waking people up too.

7seasrekeyed

How does a Righteous God get the Attention of a fallen nation, who has no intention of turning or re-turning to Him?
2 Chronicles 7:14

[SUP]14 [/SUP]if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
the United States is NOT in covenant with God

Israel was in covenant with God

Christians are in covenant with God but cannot make a deal for the entire country

we can and should pray for mercy in this case

people need to understand that no matter how sincere you are, God will NOT act outside of His word

IN CONTEXT

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
So the USA is the target of the hurricanes yet takes out a whole whack of other islands in the process - am I missing something here?

K

Keithbdi

No offense, this is not a covenant question but a 2Pet 3:9 ....not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance... type. Since God's covenant with Israel will be resolved during the Trib period Rom 11:25-27. The question is pre-trib, how does God get a backslid-en peoples attention; weather, threat of war NK, earthquakes, etc and how much before they will respond.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
By preaching salvation in Christ - that is the way to get peoples attention - the days of vengeance/judgment are long since gone and it was aimed at the old covenant nation of 1st century apostate Judah/Israel:

Luke 21:20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

Luke 21:22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

K

Keithbdi

Sorry, you are taking too much liberty with the scriptures, by reading into it something it does not say cannot agree

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
God is not pleased with any nation that touches Israel. President Trump has assigned his son-in-law Jared Kushner to negotiate a two-state solution between Israel and Palestine. God has warned any nation who touches Israel touches the apple of His eye. Zechariah 2:8-9 - Psalm 120:7

Jared Kushner owns and lives at 666 5th AVE NYC - where Lucent Technologies is working on the RFID chip for every American.
hard to say, if so why God punish Florida, not Thrump.

7seasrekeyed

I live in Florida

you know, it's amazing how much that thing has died down

sure there is flooding on the coastal areas, but we are now at a cat 2

I've lived through hurricanes before

most of this nonsense regarding Trump belongs in the conspiracy forum

if people think God is punishing the US (I'm not even American by the way) then why doesn't He start with San Francisco?

duh

7seasrekeyed

Sorry, you are taking too much liberty with the scriptures, by reading into it something it does not say cannot agree

well you should know about that :rolleyes:

you can't make this stuff up

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
God is certainly not punishing the State of Florida. How is Florida more evil than any other state in the US or any country in the world for that matter?

Dec 12, 2013
God is certainly not punishing the State of Florida. How is Florida more evil than any other state in the US or any country in the world for that matter?
TAXES HAHAHHAHA who will pay for all the damage....and what do most Americans worship the most ;) $$$$$$$$

Yeah I know....just stirring the pot and being facetious ;)

unobtrusive

Jul 23, 2017
TAXES HAHAHHAHA who will pay for all the damage....and what do most Americans worship the most ;) $$$$$$$$

Yeah I know....just stirring the pot and being facetious ;)
Actually, money probably plays a bigger part than many realize. If the U. S. economy breaks down, it will effect the entire world. This would leave the door wide open for the "mark."

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Guilt by Continent Association........or...........just simply........wrong place, wrong time?

So the USA is the target of the hurricanes yet takes out a whole whack of other islands in the process - am I missing something here?

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
If a man not commit a sin, before Adam and Eve commit a sin are there disaster?

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Depends on Hebrews 2:5 and who is subject to who and what...

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
We live in a fallen world and bad stuff happens. I don't quite understand why we try to blame God passing judgement on someone or something because of sin. Satan is the one who destroys and he is probably behind the cause of a lot of the bad things happening.

I just don't like that God gets blamed for bad weather, earthquakes or any other natural disaster. God's description and character is Love and He has shown that to each one of us time and time again. Giving the ultimate sacrifice of His Son Jesus to pay for our sins so we would have a way out of this mess.

I will say though that if a natural disaster draws someone to have a close relationship with God then maybe they are used as wake up calls to learn to love and depend on God as having gone through Irma we know we were protected by Him and very thankful for His protection. Thanking Him for being with us during the storm.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
You were being punished for having them dern kitties instead of a good 'ole hound dawg!

We live in a fallen world and bad stuff happens. I don't quite understand why we try to blame God passing judgement on someone or something because of sin. Satan is the one who destroys and he is probably behind the cause of a lot of the bad things happening.

I just don't like that God gets blamed for bad weather, earthquakes or any other natural disaster. God's description and character is Love and He has shown that to each one of us time and time again. Giving the ultimate sacrifice of His Son Jesus to pay for our sins so we would have a way out of this mess.

I will say though that if a natural disaster draws someone to have a close relationship with God then maybe they are used as wake up calls to learn to love and depend on God as having gone through Irma we know we were protected by Him and very thankful for His protection. Thanking Him for being with us during the storm.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
Im not an expert on these matters but from what I understand the worlds whether patterns are more or less the same as they have been for centuries. I suspect huricanes happened in the same part of the world before the USA was even heard of.
Volcanoes dont move and the same places experience Earthquakes. The only way to avoid disaster is not live in places where
they are likely to occur which considering the orlds population is not at all practical