Is open border policy a Biblical principle?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

jameen

Feb 5, 2018
Manila
This is the policy that President Trump disagrees but embrace by US Democrats.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
1. First we'd have to very meticulously define "open border policy", as this could be defined and designed in many different ways.
(We could easily come up with 20 different definitions of "open border policy"... and if we do, then it would be virtually impossible to tell if it's addressed in the bible, or what the biblical view would be... as different definitions could actually contradict each other.)

2. After we've picked ONE DEFINITION, one VERY PRECISE DEFINITION, we could then discuss the OP's question.

3. Most likely, it isn't something that's really addressed in the Bible at all... but that may depend on what kind of definition we choose.

Last edited:

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Note on defining terms:

If we fail to define terms, and choose a very precise definition for "open border policy"...

then we're just talking about a bunch of nothing.

We'd be having an utterly meaningless conversation.

S

Susanna

I'm in favor of open border policies on that day the Rio Grande runs dry.

jameen

Feb 5, 2018
Manila
What if the so called open border policy means immigrants will not undergo to the legal process of naturalization but instead hide in the US for 20 or more years and ask for immediate amnesty and citizenship as long as some of them did not do any crimes, work in a legal way and pay taxes if that's true to some for the past 20 years and more?

Is this Biblical?

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Pretty sure Heaven has borders........and, while it is certainly OPEN to all who desire to reside there, ya cain't just walk on in, ya gotta follow certain requirements first.........soooooooooo, I would not think it would be a Biblical principle.....what comes to mind when saying "open borders," would equate to "all paths lead to Heaven" in my opinion, and that is just wrong.

(See John 3:16)

This is the policy that President Trump disagrees but embrace by US Democrats.

Aug 2, 2009
This thread reminds me of something I saw a couple days ago. It was a picture about building the border wall and it said, "Remember, even Heaven has walls and a gate to keep out those who don't belong there."

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Did Israel enter the promise land through open borders?

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
No. It's a globalist ideal. God's plan is for nations.

MichaelOwen

Nov 6, 2017
The bible talks about Heaven being bordered with a wall....pretty sure there is some heavy vetting going on :rolleyes:

Feb 7, 2018
Are there any scriptures that you feel support open boarder policy?