Is there a easier way?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 9, 2011
Whenever I subscribe to a thread and post,then after I post,If I were to log out and go somewhere,when I came back If I want to log back In,how do I get back to the post that I last saw?I have been looking through that thread until I find where I left off,but I was wondering If there was a faster way?

T

TemporaryCircumstances

Are you on a computer or phone?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Hello Seed_Time_Harvest. To find your last post easily, click your user name to go to your profile page; the second link under your member image on the left hand side, is Find Latest Posts. If you click that you will be shown a number of pages of your last five hundred posts in reverse chronological order (last one first). Mine display twenty five per page, twenty pages. I hope that helps :)

Feb 7, 2015
Hello Seed_Time_Harvest. To find your last post easily, click your user name to go to your profile page; the second link under your member image on the left hand side, is Find Latest Posts. If you click that you will be shown a number of pages of your last five hundred posts in reverse chronological order (last one first). Mine display twenty five per page, twenty pages. I hope that helps :)
That only shows him HIS last post. And he said he wanted to see a certain thread he viewed, although he may not have posted to it.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
That only shows him HIS last post. And he said he wanted to see a certain thread he viewed, although he may not have posted to it.
That's not what I read. Seed_time specifically mentioned posting to the thread he wants to find later.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
The list you see when you click Find Latest Posts are all links to the threads and posts you made. The thread title is given twice, and the beginning part of your post, which should jog your memory enough to find what you are looking for. If you click the first thread title of any post in the listing, it will take you to the OP. Clicking the thread title link directly above your posts directs you to that post. If it was longer than 500 posts ago, if you got a "Like" on the post you want to track down, you could laboriously wade through your likes received to try to find it that way. That seems a lot of work, though.

Dec 9, 2011
Thank You Magenta,thank you so much.:):):)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
oops,you are correct sir,that's exactly what I mean.:)
If you want to find a thread you viewed without posting to that thread, you are in the situation of needing a good memory, firstly so you have some idea of the forum section and thread title, and then knowing roughly the page number the post whoever made that you are looking for. You would have to have a very good memory for that, or keep records for yourself, via links in a document or something like that. It is much harder if you did not post to that thread, which is why some people post to a thread as a marker, just to make it easier to find later :)

Feb 7, 2015
I WILL tell you guys how to return directly to the last place you read in a WORD document upon reopening it.(if you don't have the latest WORD, which takes you right there)

Simply make some kind of change (ANY kind of change) in the document on the last line just before you close it. DONE!

Now, right after reopening the document, simply hold down the SHIFT key, and hit F-5. That will immediately take you right to the last change you made in the document just before closing it.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I just right-click, add to browser speed dial and waa lah... lol

Feb 7, 2015
I just right-click, add to browser speed dial and waa lah... lol
You're using a term (browser speed dial) that does not exist on my computer. Could you elaborate a little?

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Which browser do you use? Chrome, Firefox, Opera etc, all have browser speed dials.. Here's a screen shot of mine..

Browser Speed Dial.jpg

The boxes have all my website shortcuts in them. As you can see, I have several shortcuts to CC threads.. lol

edit: This is Opera's speed dial..

You're using a term (browser speed dial) that does not exist on my computer. Could you elaborate a little?

Feb 7, 2015
Which browser do you use? Chrome, Firefox, Opera etc, all have browser speed dials.. Here's a screen shot of mine..

View attachment 173141

The boxes have all my website shortcuts in them. As you can see, I have several shortcuts to CC threads.. lol

edit: This is Opera's speed dial..
Oh... it looks like you were speaking of "FAVORITES."

G

GaryA

Whenever I subscribe to a thread and post,then after I post,If I were to log out and go somewhere,when I came back If I want to log back In,how do I get back to the post that I last saw?I have been looking through that thread until I find where I left off,but I was wondering If there was a faster way?
In your Subscriptions list -- whenever a post has been made to a thread you have subscribed to - that you have not read yet -- a small round button will be present to the left of the Thread Title - similar to the one that is always to the right of the elapsed-time estimate in the 'Last Post By' column. Clicking the button should take you to the post directly after the last post you read in that thread.