Is there only water baptism?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

seeacts238

IF A PERSON IS BEING ------> BAPTIZED IN THE NAME OF THE LORD. HOW WERE THEY BAPTIZED... IN THE WATER OR WAS IT SOMETHING ELSE? CAN SOME OF YOU CAN GIVE ME A SCRIPTURE FROM THE Bible please. i like to read it.

and what about FAITH,, CAN SOME ONE EXPLAINE WHAT IS FAITH MEAN. I THOUGHT FOR SURE THERE ONLY 1 FAITH, APOSTLES PAUL
EXPLAINE WHAT FAITH MEAN, DID HE, IN Romans 10; v> 14 -throug >17

and i also give the scripture what FIRE BAPTISM MEAN. DID SOME ONE DID NOT SEARCH THE SCRIPTURE IN BIBLE! WE MUST BACK UP THE WORD OF GOD AND HIS SCRIPTURE, IN ROMAN ; 3 V >4 ---->May it never be! Rather, let God be found true, though every man be found a liar, as it is written, "THAT YOU MAY BE JUSTIFIED IN YOUR WORDS, AND PREVAIL WHEN YOU ARE JUDGED."

Jan 31, 2009
IF A PERSON IS BEING ------> BAPTIZED IN THE NAME OF THE LORD. HOW WERE THEY BAPTIZED... IN THE WATER OR WAS IT SOMETHING ELSE? CAN SOME OF YOU CAN GIVE ME A SCRIPTURE FROM THE Bible please. i like to read it.

and what about FAITH,, CAN SOME ONE EXPLAINE WHAT IS FAITH MEAN. I THOUGHT FOR SURE THERE ONLY 1 FAITH, APOSTLES PAUL

and i also give the scripture what FIRE BAPTISM MEAN. DID SOME ONE DID NOT SEARCH THE SCRIPTURE IN BIBLE! WE MUST BACK UP THE WORD OF GOD AND HIS SCRIPTURE, IN ROMAN ; 3 V >4 ---->May it never be! Rather, let God be found true, though every man be found a liar, as it is written, "THAT YOU MAY BE JUSTIFIED IN YOUR WORDS, AND PREVAIL WHEN YOU ARE JUDGED."

Eph 4:5One Lord, one faith, ONE BAPTISM,
Mt 3:11I indeed baptize you WITH WATER unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

Ac 1:5For John truly baptized WITH WATER; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

Ac 19:4Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.Ac 19:5When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

so which baptism would you seek, the one that John baptised with or the One that Jesus Himself was to offer, it's your call, but the Bible does say ONE BAPTISM not two!!!!!!!! so I do believe it is a choice. paper or plastic? water or Spirit? But as for me I have had both only because I was taught one then read for myself about the other. why it is that we can believe that the fleshly circumcision is no longer needed but we can't except that the baptism was changed also???? when the changing of circumcision and baptism are both scriptures !!!!!

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2009
IF A PERSON IS BEING ------>

Eph 4:5One Lord, one faith, one baptism,Eph 4:6One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.Eph 4:7But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.Eph 4:8Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

one Lord/one God who is above all
one faith that accepts the grace of that One Lord,
one baptism which that one Lord gave gifts unto men that:

Eph 4:12For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
So the baptism with the Holy Spirit is a different one that the one with "fire" ? i was about to point that verse out . Also, when exactly did Jesus baptize people in this manner? dont people say that the Holy Spirit wasnt given until Jesus died and went to heaven ? or was this when he breathed on them and said "receive the Spirit" ?
Jesus breathed on the disciples to receive the Spirit after He was resurrected.

When the Holy Spirit came in His power, He appeared as tongues of flame, and filled each of those who were in the upper room.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
In essence, water baptism is a outer show of what has been done in the person, by the work of the Holy Spirit, that is, buried to the old life in Christ's death on the cross, that is, the life ruled by sin and death, separated from God. Then we are raised up in Him, in His resurrection, to newness of life, which is life from and to and for God, in Christ Jesus. Water baptism is our commitment to this process, that we believe it has and is happening in us, to us, for us.

Feb 27, 2007
I was baptised by the Holy Spirit the day I received the Lord and all of my past transgressions disappeared in an instant. That was my rebirth & it didnt involve water. I got water baptised cause i attended a baptist church but this was more for me a display in the profession of my faith to my peers than it was a soul altering experience. That happened the day I received the Lord. My husband however, felt washed by the Holy spirit as he had his water baptism as he had grown up knowing the Lord in the Catholic Church but only then fully received of the Lord. I dont know which way is right... I just know one way was more spiritually significant to me than the other. My husband on the other hand had the water baptism be incredibly spiritually significant. How were you baptised seaacts? Holy spirit or both water & Holy spirit?

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
I was baptised by the Holy Spirit the day I received the Lord and all of my past transgressions disappeared in an instant. That was my rebirth & it didnt involve water. I got water baptised cause i attended a baptist church but this was more for me a display in the profession of my faith to my peers than it was a soul altering experience. That happened the day I received the Lord. My husband however, felt washed by the Holy spirit as he had his water baptism as he had grown up knowing the Lord in the Catholic Church but only then fully received of the Lord. I dont know which way is right... I just know one way was more spiritually significant to me than the other. My husband on the other hand had the water baptism be incredibly spiritually significant. How were you baptised seaacts? Holy spirit or both water & Holy spirit?
And the Lord works as He wills. We are all different, each a precious child of the Father, and He does what is best for each and every one. I have seen the Spirit work though a water baptism, and I have seen like what you experienced. I was baptized when I was 9 years old, in the baptist church. I could no more have sit there and ignored the call, the prod, the wooing of the Spirit than I could have stopped breathing. It was not until many years later that I learned what the Lord really wanted from me and for me. We have just such a God, who knows each one of us, and cares for each one just as if each one were the only one.

S

seeacts238

HELLO

EVERY TIME I READ SOMETHING IN HERE SOMEONE BRING UP THIS BAPTISAM OF FIRE!
LET GO BACK TO THE BIBLE IN MATTHEW ;( 2 ) V 11 THROUGH 12 THIS SCRIPTURE WILL TELL YOU ALL ABOUT WHAT JOHN THE BAPTIS WAS SAYING! THIS BAPTISAM OF FIRE IS NOT THE SAME THING IN ACTS 2; V. 3 <-->> THIS IS ALL DIFFERENCES FIRE THIS IS TALKING ABOUT THE ETERNAL
HELL THIS TALKING ABOUT SPIRITUAL DEATH <-- SOME PEOPLE WILL NOT LOOK UP THIS
SCRIPTURE AND DO SOME HOME WORK AND DO SOME RESEARCH ON IT, ON MATTHEW ; ( 3 ) V 11

AND IM GOING TO SHOW VERES BY VERSE AND SCRIPTURE FOR SCRIPTURE

MATTHEW ; ( 3 ) V 11 -->I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me will come one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not fit to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire. see the word BAPTIZED JOHN DID NOT SAY BAPTISAM OF FIRE.. HE SAID BAPTIZED WITH FIRE. V 12 >His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with unquenchable fire." WITCH IS TALKING ABOUT HELL . NOT THE TOUNGUS OF FIRE SEE MATTHEW ;13.V 30 >'Allow both to grow together until the harvest; and in the time of the harvest I will say to the reapers, "First gather up the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them up; but gather the wheat into my barn."'"

MATTHEW; 13 V 42 > and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Unquenchable fire. A reference is here made to the practice of burning the chaff under process of winnowing. The wheat is the righteous, the chaff is the wicked, and Christ is the winnower; the granary is heaven, the unquenchable fire is hell.
Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death.
SEE --.REV--->20 V 14

YOU SEE THIS IS NOT THE SAME THING IN ACTS;-->2 V > 3 SORRY

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
HELLO

LET GO BACK TO THE BIBLE IN MATTHEW ;( 2 ) V 11 THROUGH 12 THIS SCRIPTURE WILL TELL YOU ALL ABOUT WHAT JOHN THE BAPTIS WAS SAYING! THIS BAPTISAM OF FIRE IS NOT THE SAME THING IN ACTS 2; V. 3 <-->> THIS IS ALL DIFFERENCES FIRE THIS IS TALKING ABOUT THE ETERNAL
SCRIPTURE AND DO SOME HOME WORK AND DO SOME RESEARCH ON IT, ON MATTHEW ; ( 3 ) V 11

MATTHEW ; ( 3 ) V 11 -->I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me will come one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not fit to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire. see the word BAPTIZED JOHN DID NOT SAY BAPTISAM OF FIRE.. HE SAID BAPTIZED WITH FIRE. V 12 >His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with unquenchable fire." WITCH IS TALKING ABOUT HELL . NOT THE TOUNGUS OF FIRE SEE MATTHEW ;13.V 30 >'Allow both to grow together until the harvest; and in the time of the harvest I will say to the reapers, "First gather up the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them up; but gather the wheat into my barn."'"

MATTHEW; 13 V 42 > and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Unquenchable fire. A reference is here made to the practice of burning the chaff under process of winnowing. The wheat is the righteous, the chaff is the wicked, and Christ is the winnower; the granary is heaven, the unquenchable fire is hell.
Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death.
SEE --.REV--->20 V 14

No one said that there is not a baptism of fire, nor that this is the same as the day of Pentecost. But we cannot deny that the baptism of the Spirit on that day was with fire. I do not believe that what Matthew was describing was the lade of fire either. Sorry

S

seeacts238

PASTOR KEITH

ANY TIME YOU READ A SCRIPTURE THAT SAY THEY WERE BAPTIZED IN THE NAME OF THE LORD, THEY WERE BAPTIZED IN WATER TO RECEIVE THE GIFT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. NOW YOU CALL YOUR SELF A PASTOR, WELL DO SOME RESEARCH LOOK UP IN JAME STRONG CONCORDANCE AND LOOK UP THE BAPTIZED<--- ANY TIME YOU SEE A WORD BAPTIZED IT MEAN THEY WERE INTO THE WATER TO BE BAPTIZED IN THE NAME OF THE LORD.
IN MATTHEW 28;V 19 >Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. SO WHO THE FATHER >>JESUS CHRIST AND THE LORD AND WHO THE SON JESUS CHRIST AND THE LORD AND WHO THE HOLY SPIRIT ANSWER JESUS CHRIST AND THE LORD. SO ANY SCRIPTURE YOU COME BY IT SAY BE BAPTIZED IN THE NAME OF THE LORD THIS IS ALL TALKING ABOUT BE WATER BAPTIZED. THERE IS NO OTHER WAY YOU CAN INTERPERT IT.

THIS CAN SHOW YOU WHAT ( B A P T I Z E D ) --> MEAN --->Now John also was baptizing at Aenon near Salim, because there was plenty of water, and people were constantly coming to be baptized. HERE YOU GOT BAPTIZED AND WATER ACTS ;8 V >36 >As they traveled along the road, they came to some water and the eunuch said, "Look, here is water. Why shouldn't I be baptized?" HERE YOU GOT WATER BAPTIZED. ACTS 8; 38 >>And he gave orders to stop the chariot. Then both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water and Philip baptized him. HERE YOU GOT WATER AND BAPTIZED ACTS ;16 V 33 >At that hour of the night the jailer took them and washed their wounds; then immediately he and all his family were baptized. HERE YOU GOT WATER AND BAPTIZED ACTS ;2 V 38
Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of theHoly Spirit. HERE YOU GOT WATER AND BAPTIZED MATTHEW ; 3 V 16 >As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him. HERE AGAIN? WATER AND BAPTIZED ACTS;22 V 16 > And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name.' MARK; 16;V 16 >Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. HERE WATER AND BAPTIZED ACTS; 10 V 48 > So he ordered that they be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked Peter to stay with them for a few days. HERE YOU GOT WATER AND BAPTIZED COLOSSIANS;2 V 12 >having been buried with him in baptism and raised with him through your faith in the power of God, who raised him from the dead. HERE YOU GOT WATER AND BAPTIZED THE CORINTHIANS ACTS ;18 V 8 >Crispus, the synagogue ruler, and his entire household believed in the Lord; and many of the Corinthians who heard him believed and were baptized. AND WATER

ALLL THESE SCRIPTURE I JUST SHOW YOU! THEY WERE ALL BAPTIZED IN WATER! >> ALSO IN THE NAME OF THE LORD

ANY TIME YOU GO READING AND SEE THEY WERE BEING BAPTIZED IN THE NAME OF THE LORD<--- IT MEAN THEY WE WATER BAPTIZED, THERE IS NO OTHER WAY TO GET AROUND THAT SCRIPTURE! WHO IS THE NAME OF THE LORD.> JESUS CHRIST IS LORD OF ALL.JESUS CHRIST IS GOD.JESUS CHRIST IS THE FATHER.ALL IN ( 1 ) ----->GOD

Jan 8, 2009
John baptised with water (that's one baptism) BUT Jesus baptised with the Holy Spirit. That's a second baptism. 1+1 =2.

Jan 31, 2009
HELLO

SEE --.REV--->20 V 14

you have overlooked the other fire that is mentioned in scripture, and this is the fire That Jesus was referring to not the lake of fire as you see

Zec 13:9And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will REFINE them as SILVER is REFINEd, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.

I don't think He is going to let His people burn in the lake of Fire as you would say sorry wrong fire!!!!

1co 3:13Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.1co 3:14If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.1co 3:15If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

hey look just noticed this myself, the bible says be baptized and believe. Jesus said that He would baptise with Fire and it says here : but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. so which ones saves according to scripotures water baptism or fire baptism from Jesus the one which tries our works, but even if our works are burned up we are still saved, as if by fire.

Jan 8, 2009
Thaddeus that's correct. The fire that 1 Cor 3:13 is referring to is the literal fire when the whole world burns up in the Day of the Lord. "for the day shall declare it"

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
Thaddeus that's correct. The fire that 1 Cor 3:13 is referring to is the literal fire when the whole world burns up in the Day of the Lord. "for the day shall declare it"
There are two judgments, death, and fire. Everyone is judged with death. Jesus suffered that death for us, and by the baptism of the Spirit, we are alive again. Everyone who does not accept that baptism of life from the Spirit will receive the baptism of fire, God's final judgment.