Is this bishop telling the truth about sun-day? Video less than 4 minutes.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 1, 2016
What do you think?

[video=youtube;CrB21mc2fmI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrB21mc2fmI[/video]

gotime

Mar 3, 2011
Read a book called "Romes Challenge" They have offered a lot more than $1000 to anyone who can prove it. The Challenge has been out before most of us were born. The Catholic church knows it.

R

RachelBibleStudent

this is just the roman catholic church claiming imaginary authority to carry out an act they weren't actually responsible for...

R

RachelBibleStudent

from the evidence I have seen, the RCC is very much responsible.
christians were worshipping on sundays by the end of the first century AD...long before the roman catholic church was even a thing...

Sep 24, 2016
It's easier to prove no one but God has authority to change it from Saturday than to prove it's not Sunday.

R

RachelBibleStudent

uhm, no. don't think so. in my opinion, ma'am.
it's not a matter of opinion...read the first century letter from ignatius of antioch to the magnesian church where he refers to worship on sunday as a replacement for saturday sabbath keeping...

Jul 1, 2016
it's not a matter of opinion...read the first century letter from ignatius of antioch to the magnesian church where he refers to worship on sunday as a replacement for saturday sabbath keeping...
I think I will take the Word of God over Ignatius.l

thanks though.

I have seen tons of research ma'am. Don't buy it.
Saturday is the Sabbath.

R

RachelBibleStudent

I think I will take the Word of God over Ignatius.l

thanks though.

I have seen tons of research ma'am. Don't buy it.
Saturday is the Sabbath.
scripture says nothing about the date when the majority of christians switched from saturday sabbath keeping to worship on sunday...or who was responsible...this is why we refer to historical documentation...

you can disagree with ignatius' views...but you are missing the point...ignatius documents that the transition from saturday to sunday was already taking place in the first century...it was -not- a roman catholic innovation...

R

RachelBibleStudent

now that we agree that this is a -historical- question rather than a scriptural question...we can treat it like a historical question and refer to historical documentation...

Jul 1, 2016
now that we agree that this is a -historical- question rather than a scriptural question...we can treat it like a historical question and refer to historical documentation...
nice try.
If God changed the day, it would be in Scripture, not just in Ignatius.

beta

Aug 8, 2016
MIA CULPA !
If people were honest (not deceived) that should have been the response from everyone who has ever had his hand and heart in the moving of God's Cornerstone !

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
this is just the roman catholic church claiming imaginary authority to carry out an act they weren't actually responsible for...
You are right. People were worshipping on Sunday before the Catholic Church was ever heard of. All they did was rubber stamp it with the blessing of constantine. In any case after more than a thousand years of Sunday worship are we to believe that all the millions of Sunday worshippers are damned because of it?

beta

Aug 8, 2016
You are right. People were worshipping on Sunday before the Catholic Church was ever heard of. All they did was rubber stamp it with the blessing of constantine. In any case after more than a thousand years of Sunday worship are we to believe that all the millions of Sunday worshippers are damned because of it?
Seems you believe in 'people-power'....never mind what GOD wants !
A typical stance of the 'disobedient...who falsly beieve they will enter the kingdom of God.

Jul 1, 2016
Ask yourself this question.
When it comes to religion, is the majority ever wrong?

Even if they seem sincere and pious, can the majority be wrong? or deceived?

Mar 28, 2016
uhm, no. don't think so. in my opinion, ma'am.
Christ initiated the new era of Sabbaths moving from the last day to the first day.The day of creation (let there be light as children of light) used to typify a new creature, His eternal bride.

The refomation has come we are no longer typified as male or female, Jew or Gentile..

Joh 5:18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

The unbelieving Jew (no faith of Christ) by the time Christ came around had no idea as to the purpose of the Sabbath. They having it re-made as the things of men through the oral tradition generated of men.They thought the Sabbath rest ( not a time sensitive word), was made for men and not man for the the rest that had been secured from the foundation of the world as the lamb of God slain for the sins of those he came to purchase with His blood in which he did rest as a Sabbath rest, on the seventh day. We will receive it in its fullness when we receive our new incorruptible bodies. Today we have in in part being yoked with the rest of Christ making our burden lighter until we do receive our new bodies.

Mark 2:27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

Mar 28, 2016
Ask yourself this question.
When it comes to religion, is the majority ever wrong?

Even if they seem sincere and pious, can the majority be wrong? or deceived?
yes. They can have a false zeal in respect to having the faith generated by Christ, the anointing Holy Spirit of God, having it rather in respect to men called; the law of the fathers. By that kind of zeal for God they persecuted those according to the god of this world as wisdom of men who were walking by faith, to death punishing them .All things written in the law and the prophets (sola scriptura) became their stumbling stone.