Is this right as a Child of GOD?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

pottersclay

Brother you are right it is wrong to ask for something that the Lord Himself has already promised to His believers. Your friends may be showing what is truely in their hearts. By asking the Lord to be with you when He has promised to be with us until the end of the age, is like calling the Lord a liar or to say that He does not have to power to complete and do what He says.

Don't forget not all that name the name of the Lord are not automatically His.

Where does my help come from?..it comes from the Lord. So taking a step of faith or calming a fear or trying to be the person God wants you to be in a situation and you say Lord be with me is wrong? We are to call upon the name of the Lord in any given matter that applies. I don't find that to be offensive at all. To ask the Lord to be with you is a mature relationship response...☺

GOP

Jul 12, 2015
You reminded me of.....
]b]Romans 10:6-7
But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise,
Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven?
(that is, to bring Christ down from above)
Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.[/b]
Amen! Praise GOD.

GOP

Jul 12, 2015
You have to know GOD ALMIGHTY for yourself. HE is Good all the time and all the time HE is Good. Whatever HE says about you that what you are.
GOD is Faithful forever.

Dec 12, 2013
David prayed and asked God to not remove the Holy Spirit from David.....(not in the sense of salvation, but rather in guidance and presence)

Do not cast me away from Your presence And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.

Feb 28, 2016
IF you are truly a 'child of God=Jesus, then He's holding on to us real tight,
never wanting to let us go!!!

GOP

Jul 12, 2015
GOD is Faithful forever.

GOP

Jul 12, 2015
GOD'S WORD is Eternal. GOD'S WORD is Truth.

N

NewChapter

2 Corinthians 1:20
For all the promises of God in Him are yea, and in Him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

GOP

Jul 12, 2015
Amen! Amen! Amen! Praise GOD.
2 Corinthians 1:20
For all the promises of God in Him are yea, and in Him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.