Jerusalem Is God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Is Jerusalem God?

• Yes

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • No

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get Your Head Checked

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
Jun 1, 2011
I'm surprised that you bring this up. It's not commonly known, but The Throne, heaven, and the kingdom are indeed God, just as Jerusalem is God. I was going to get to these eventually, but I started with Jerusalem.

17 At that time Jerusalem shall be called The Throne of the Lord, and all the nations shall be gathered to it, to the name of the Lord, to Jerusalem. No more shall they follow the dictates of their evil hearts. (Jeremiah 3:17)

Note what this says. Jerusalem shall be called The Throne of the Lord, and all the nations shall be gathered to it, to the name of the Lord, to Jerusalem.

Jerusalem is identified here with the name of the Lord. As we can see, Jerusalem, The Throne of the Lord, and the Lord are all synonymous.

If The Throne is God then it must be eternal, and indeed it is, as it is written,

2 Your throne is established from of old; You are from everlasting. (Psalm 93:2)

And since heaven is God's throne, which is the Lord, we know that heaven is the Lord, as it says,

34 But I say to you, do not swear at all: neither by heaven, for it is God's throne; (Matthew 5:34)
At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the LORD; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the LORD, to Jerusalem: neither shall they walk any more after the imagination of their evil heart.(Jeremiah 3:17)

The throne of the Lord - God's throne shall not be the ark, but Jerusalem, i. e., the Christian Church.

And I John saw the holy city ,new Jerusalem,coming down from God out of Heaven,prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. (Revelation 21:2)

But Jerusalem which is above is free,which is the mother of us all.(Galatians 4:26)

Thy throne is established of old: thou art from everlasting.(Psalm 93:2)

Thy throne is established of old - Whatever might occur, the throne of God was firm. That could not be moved. It had been set up from all eternity. It had stood through all the convulsions and changes which had occurred in the universe; and it would stand firm forever. Whatever might change, that was immovable; and as long as that is unchanged we have a ground of security and hope. Should "that" be moved, all would be gone. The margin here is, as in Hebrew, "from then:" but it means "of old;" from the most ancient times; that is, from the period indicated by the next clause, "from everlasting."
Thou art from everlasting - From all eternity; thou hast always existed; thou art ever the same.

Lord ,thou hast been our dwelling place in all generations.(Psalm 90:1)

But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne(Matthew 5:34)

But I say unto you, Swear not at all - That is, in the manner which he proceeds to specify. Swear not in any of the common and profane ways customary at that time.
Neither by heaven; for it is God's throne -
And whoso shall swear by the temple,sweareth by it, and by him that dwelleth therein.(Matthew 23:21)

And he that shall swear by heaven,sweareth by the throne of God,and by him that sitteth thereon. (Matthew 23:22)

Jun 1, 2011
Yes there is. That's the whole point.

17 At that time Jerusalem shall be called The Throne of the Lord, and all the nations shall be gathered to it, to the name of the Lord, to Jerusalem. No more shall they follow the dictates of their evil hearts. (Jeremiah 3:17)

All the nations shall be gathered to the name of the Lord, to Jerusalem. Jerusalem is the name of the Lord.

If you need more proof, this tells us the same thing,

14 'Behold, the days are coming,' says the Lord, 'that I will perform that good thing which I have promised to the house of Israel and to the house of Judah: 15 'In those days and at that time I will cause to grow up to David A Branch of righteousness; He shall execute judgment and righteousness in the earth. 16 In those days Judah will be saved, And Jerusalem will dwell safely. And this is the name by which she will be called: THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.' (Jeremiah 33:14-16)

Jerusalem will dwell safely, and this is the name by which she will be called: THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

50 You who have escaped the sword, Get away! Do not stand still! Remember the Lord afar off, And let Jerusalem come to your mind. (Jeremiah 51:50)

In remembering the Lord, let Jerusalem come to your mind.

6 For there shall be a day When the watchmen will cry on Mount Ephraim, 'Arise, and let us go up to Zion, To the Lord our God.' " (Jeremiah 31:6)

Arise, and let us go up to Zion, to the Lord our God.

There are more passages to prove the point but I'll stop here for now.
In his days Judah shall be saved ,and Israel shall dwell safely :and this is his name whereby HE shall be called,THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.(Jeremiah 23:6)

Feb 14, 2011
In his days Judah shall be saved ,and Israel shall dwell safely :and this is his name whereby HE shall be called,THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.(Jeremiah 23:6)
Jerusalem(city of peace) when he said on that day,that day is when all shall know the Lord and knowledge shall cover the earth as the sea cover the earth.
This is the day that King Jesus is going to rule with his saints for a 1000yrs.
And the throne of God will be on earth after the 1000yrs are finished.

This will be the city of peace like in heaven there is peace.There is peace today also amongst the true believers that worship God in spirit and in truth,they all have one spirit,and there is peace amongst them. Babylon is the city of this world it is based on material,and strife and greed and everyone wants to GET, oppressing the have not,glorifying the have much. There is no peace,but wars and pain, and ungodliness.
build on the spirit of satan and he is the proud one, and the liar.

''wakeup''.

Jun 1, 2011
there is one body,and one spirit,even as ye are called in one hope of your calling.
one Lord,one faith,one baptism.
one God and father of all,who is above all,and through all,and in you all.
(Ephesians 4:4-6)

Now the Lord is that spirit:and where the spirit of the Lord is ,there is liberty.
(2 Corinthians 3:17)

And all things are of God ,who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ,and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation.
(2 Corinthians 5:18)

Jesus saith unto him,I am the way ,the truth and the life :no man cometh unto the Father,but by me .
if ye had known me ,ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him,and have seen him.
philip saith unto him,Lord,shew us the Father,and it sufficeth us.
(John 14:6-8)

Jesus saith unto him,have I been so long time with you,and yet hast thou not known me,philip?he that hath seen me hath seen the Father;and how sayest thou then,shew us the Father?
(John 14:9)

believest thou not that I am in the Father ,and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you,I speak not of myself :but the Father that dwelleth in me,he doeth the works.
(John 14:10)

I and my Father are one.
(John 10:30)

I am one that bear witness of myself,and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.
(John 8:18)

I said therefore unto you ,that ye shall die in your sins:for if ye believe not that I am he ,ye shall die in your sins.
(John 8:24)

hereby perceive we the love of God,because he laid down his life for us:and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
(1 John 3:16)

behold, a virgin shall be with his child ,and shall bring fourth a son ,and they shall call his name Emmanuel,which being interpreted is, God with us.
(Matthew 1:23)

for unto us a child is born,unto us a Son is given:and the government shall be upon his shoulders :and his name shall be called Wonderful ,Counseller,The Mighty God.The Everlasting Father,The Prince Of Peace.
(Isaiah 9:6)

JESUS CHRIST IS GOD AMEN
Jerusalem is not God

God Bless
behold, a virgin shall be with child ,and shall bring forth a son ,and they shall call his name Emmanuel,which being interpreted is, God with us.
(Matthew 1:23)

i had to correct this mistake.my apologies to all God Bless