JESUS DID NOT HAVE LONG HAIR

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 26, 2021
Jesus lived under the old covenant which does not bar long hair for men in fact some priests at certain times/vows could not cut their hair. What Paul said was under the new covenant so this would apply to Christian men to not have long hair but this does not apply to Jews living under the old covenant in the past.
That’s interesting I might have to read more into it. But I’m pretty sure Jesus was not a white long haired blue eyed man. There’s to much scripture that speaks the opposite

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
That’s interesting I might have to read more into it. But I’m pretty sure Jesus was not a white long haired blue eyed man. There’s to much scripture that speaks the opposite
He could have been a white long haired blue eyed man or he could have looked differently. There are Jews of all colors in Israel.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
"Does not nature itself teach you...."

No, nature does not teach me that it is shameful for men to have long hair. In fact, there is some emerging research that Paul's comments about hair were rooted in some very much obsolete (mis)understandings about human biology and sexuality.
Right! Hair growing long on a man is certainly not contrary to nature as needing a bra is, in most cases.

Looking through the translations to see if I could find even one that reflected the Strong's explanation, even though I really didn't expect to, I did find it!

The International Standard Version reads 1Cor 11:14 as, "Nature itself teaches you neither that it is disgraceful for a man to have long hair"

Feb 24, 2019
"He grew up before Him like a tender shoot, and like a root out of dry ground. He had no stately form or majesty to attract us, no beauty that we should desire Him" - Isaiah 53:2

so, I'm guessing rubbish hair. In other words, short and fine and thin and unable to grow long, and balding too.

and, after all, Jesus says "The Spirit it is giving Life, the flesh profits NOTHING"

"Came the Son of Man eating and drinking, and they say, behold, a man, a glutton and a drunkard..." - now if Jesus was slim and never had more than one glass of wine, would they have said that?

I'm beginning to feel my eyes are being opened to broader wisdom in these things, concerning what is truly important and what is just fluff.

(And what does it mean "But is justified wisdom by the deeds of her."?)

So, I think the more interesting question might be... was Jesus overweight?

(btw, I am surprised and gutted that our brother Charish has been banned. If we bite and devour one another, then we are weakened, and the banned one himself is weakened through rejection. Love doesn't do that. It endures all things.)

Anyway, I love you all. And who thinks it's possible that Jesus was a fatty?

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
And who thinks it's possible that Jesus was a fatty?
I think he was in perfect health all his life until the day he was tortured and died.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Is it because men with long hair cant keep it clean or some other reason. Split ends? Too greasy?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Or maybe Absoloms example was a warning for men everywhere to keep it tied back.