Jesus Interpreted

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Noblemen

Jan 14, 2018
Interpreting Jesus

If you read the scriptures close you will see that no one interpreted Jesus Christ like the Apostle Paul. The gospels of Mathew, Mark, Luke, and John give us a historical record of Jesus.
Even in the historical record we have limited information about who Jesus was. Was he a good school student, what kind of food did he like, and did he like to play with the other children in the neighborhood. We have limited knowledge about his family, we know he had some brothers and sisters, but Joseph his stepfather is never mentioned. His mother Mary is rarely mentioned.
I feel there is a good reason for this, God knowing that believers would one day try to imitate Jesus would be left in the dark as how to live like Jesus of Nazareth. It was never in the plan of God for human being to be anything but themselves.
The popular saying for a while "WWJD" what would Jesus do, can now be interpreted as "Jesus would do exactly as that believers creation."
Example; if Christ is the only life of the believer, the only way for Christ to be expressed is; as your creation.

It's Christ that lives Paul said, but he comes out of you with his nature and attributes. It is his fruit expressed as your creation. That is the Christ-Life interpreted by the scriptures Paul gives us.
Religion would have you to believe that grace is a licence to sin. Do anything you want and then repent. Grace couldn't be any further from that kind of understanding. Grace is a message, grace runs as deep as the life of another in the believer. Grace will ultimately be the best and hardest thing to ever happen to a person.
In religion you can live a lifestyle of ignorance, but in grace you know something and are required to live out that knowledge. You know longer can stick your head in the sand as the storms rage, you must plant your feet and face life as a Christian, a Christ person.

So the Christ life is interpreted by who you are, living life now. It is not just Christ, it is not just you, but it is Christ in you. Can you see the difference, see how the scriptures bring out who you are now by Christ in you. The two are absolutely one in union expressing life.
Paul the greatest psychologist to ever live interpreted Christ as life and the human being as tripartite, (1 Thessalonians 5:23), gave us the plan of God and the intention of God before the foundation of the world that human beings would live by the life of another, Ephesians 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

When we ask the question? What is going on with Christianity, why does this happen and that happen in religion. The answer is simple; believers still think they have a life of their own. The rank error of believing the lie. Satan is still the lier from the beginning, he does not need to possess an individual he simply can trick them into believing they have a life of their own. Religion is a dangling carrot, it promises all the things the scriptures says are true and amen, but always falls short of fulfilling those promises leaving the believer empty as the worldly.

Your Father will always take care of you, but there comes a time when the pressure of life will bear down on you. There is something your Father wants you to know, it is Christ as your life and know man can teach it to you. Only the HolySpirit can bring you the knowledge of who you are.

Galatians 1:11-12

11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Galatians 1:15-16

15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,
16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

Galatians 2:20

20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Sep 22, 2018
Thank you for your preaching about the word of God.
It's good to meet you. :) i'm jason, i want someone i can talk to biblically.
And so i found this app. :)

Sep 20, 2018
The popular saying for a while "WWJD" what would Jesus do, can now be interpreted as "Jesus would do exactly as that believers creation."
So the Christ life is interpreted by who you are, living life now. It is not just Christ, it is not just you, but it is Christ in you
Even if the babe in Christ has to be spoken to "as carnal" (1 Cor 3:1) while being in subjection to those those who guard and watch for their souls, surely, he too must be included in that life. Otherwise, wonderful overall input.

Noblemen

Jan 14, 2018
Even if the babe in Christ has to be spoken to "as carnal" (1 Cor 3:1) while being in subjection to those those who guard and watch for their souls, surely, he too must be included in that life. Otherwise, wonderful overall input.
I understand what you're saying, but it doesn't matter where a believer is in their understanding they need the gospel that fits the new creation.

Sep 20, 2018
I understand what you're saying, but it doesn't matter where a believer is in their understanding they need the gospel that fits the new creation.
Still, , isn't the Gospel spiritual? To refresh on that critical point, the Apostle was investing effort on minds that "could not receive" the things of God.

Although someone might be tempted to say that applies to all carnality, "the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, , " , not to those who are being drawn.

Noblemen

Jan 14, 2018
Still, , isn't the Gospel spiritual? To refresh on that critical point, the Apostle was investing effort on minds that "could not receive" the things of God.

Although someone might be tempted to say that applies to all carnality, "the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, , " , not to those who are being drawn.
I think we need to understand Paul and his gospel he referrs to as "my gospel" time and again.
Paul did have a wisdom in dealing with those that he wrote to. At the same time he never deviated from the truth of the fullness of Christ in the believer as their only life. Making the "in Christ" statement over 150 times. We understand when we study, the weight that carries in scripture compared to any other statement is matchless. The Lord is making a very strong point of the necessity of knowing something about being in Christ.
Paul also makes the statement "I'm with you in fear and trembling" knowing his gospel stripped the believer of their identity, as well as giving them their proper identity. Can be very damaging to a tender soul.

Noblemen

Jan 14, 2018
Thank you for your preaching about the word of God.
It's good to meet you. :) i'm jason, i want someone i can talk to biblically.
And so i found this app. :)
Hi Jason, so you are new here welcome. Nice to make your acquaintance, stay in touch.

Sep 20, 2018
Paul also makes the statement "I'm with you in fear and trembling" knowing his gospel stripped the believer of their identity, as well as giving them their proper identity. Can be very damaging to a tender soul.
Graciously put, and may I say, how very rare to say, to which I'm thinking is not especially surprising to you, , golly, there's a lot of good company here!!!
I think we need to understand Paul and his gospel he referrs to as "my gospel" time and again.
Paul did have a wisdom in dealing with those that he wrote to. At the same time he never deviated from the truth of the fullness of Christ in the believer as their only life. Making the "in Christ" statement over 150 times. We understand when we study, the weight that carries in scripture compared to any other statement is matchless. The Lord is making a very strong point of the necessity of knowing something about being in Christ.
Having therefore that number in hand, you then remember what the Lord said of "the prince of this world", and how He said of him "he has nothing in me"? This speaks to emphasize your point all the more of everyone else who identifies with any false-religion whatsoever.

Not only does he knows His sheep, He continues to know them by the winnowing of chaff and the trying of the heart! BTW, so very nice to meet you!! God bless!

Nov 26, 2012
Interpreting Jesus

If you read the scriptures close you will see that no one interpreted Jesus Christ like the Apostle Paul. The gospels of Mathew, Mark, Luke, and John give us a historical record of Jesus.
Even in the historical record we have limited information about who Jesus was. Was he a good school student, what kind of food did he like, and did he like to play with the other children in the neighborhood. We have limited knowledge about his family, we know he had some brothers and sisters, but Joseph his stepfather is never mentioned. His mother Mary is rarely mentioned.
I feel there is a good reason for this, God knowing that believers would one day try to imitate Jesus would be left in the dark as how to live like Jesus of Nazareth. It was never in the plan of God for human being to be anything but themselves.
Example; if Christ is the only life of the believer, the only way for Christ to be expressed is; as your creation.

It's Christ that lives Paul said, but he comes out of you with his nature and attributes. It is his fruit expressed as your creation. That is the Christ-Life interpreted by the scriptures Paul gives us.
Religion would have you to believe that grace is a licence to sin. Do anything you want and then repent. Grace couldn't be any further from that kind of understanding. Grace is a message, grace runs as deep as the life of another in the believer. Grace will ultimately be the best and hardest thing to ever happen to a person.
In religion you can live a lifestyle of ignorance, but in grace you know something and are required to live out that knowledge. You know longer can stick your head in the sand as the storms rage, you must plant your feet and face life as a Christian, a Christ person.

So the Christ life is interpreted by who you are, living life now. It is not just Christ, it is not just you, but it is Christ in you. Can you see the difference, see how the scriptures bring out who you are now by Christ in you. The two are absolutely one in union expressing life.
Paul the greatest psychologist to ever live interpreted Christ as life and the human being as tripartite, (1 Thessalonians 5:23), gave us the plan of God and the intention of God before the foundation of the world that human beings would live by the life of another, Ephesians 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

When we ask the question? What is going on with Christianity, why does this happen and that happen in religion. The answer is simple; believers still think they have a life of their own. The rank error of believing the lie. Satan is still the lier from the beginning, he does not need to possess an individual he simply can trick them into believing they have a life of their own. Religion is a dangling carrot, it promises all the things the scriptures says are true and amen, but always falls short of fulfilling those promises leaving the believer empty as the worldly.

Your Father will always take care of you, but there comes a time when the pressure of life will bear down on you. There is something your Father wants you to know, it is Christ as your life and know man can teach it to you. Only the HolySpirit can bring you the knowledge of who you are.

Galatians 1:11-12

11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Galatians 1:15-16

15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,
16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

Galatians 2:20

20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
It would be funny if it wasn’t so sad that threads about pointless blow up, while sound doctrine like this truth in your post barely get a glance. Not enough “believers” are understanding that in Christ we are like an organism with Christ as the Head. We are not our own. This is the New Creation that we are saved by. Even though the body may take hits, cuts and stumbles it heals because it is attached to the whole. One body, one purpose, it seems simple but most believe the lie because it affords those who practice a carnal lifestyle permission to disobey regularly. It is good to find likemindedness among the chaff.

Noblemen

Jan 14, 2018
Graciously put, and may I say, how very rare to say, to which I'm thinking is not especially surprising to you, , golly, there's a lot of good company here!!!

Having therefore that number in hand, you then remember what the Lord said of "the prince of this world", and how He said of him "he has nothing in me"? This speaks to emphasize your point all the more of everyone else who identifies with any false-religion whatsoever.

Not only does he knows His sheep, He continues to know them by the winnowing of chaff and the trying of the heart! BTW, so very nice to meet you!! God bless!
Thank you, nice to meet you.

Noblemen

Jan 14, 2018
It would be funny if it wasn’t so sad that threads about pointless blow up, while sound doctrine like this truth in your post barely get a glance. Not enough “believers” are understanding that in Christ we are like an organism with Christ as the Head. We are not our own. This is the New Creation that we are saved by. Even though the body may take hits, cuts and stumbles it heals because it is attached to the whole. One body, one purpose, it seems simple but most believe the lie because it affords those who practice a carnal lifestyle permission to disobey regularly. It is good to find likemindedness among the chaff.
Thank you for your the kind words. Everyone is at different levels of understanding. I realize doctrine divides the body, but people have to be led by their understanding whether it's good or bad. Doesn't matter what the individual believes the Lord's purpose will prevail. Must say that some may be better off with sound teaching but in time the HolySpirit is the one to bring a person to see truth as a person and not just an idea.
As a hunger develops in the believer they will move on in the Lord.