Jesus is a God of conditional Love, not unconditional love.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

reject-tech

God loves us the way a good father loves his disobedient children and a good husband loves his cheating wife.

The condition part only has to do with the way he corrects things.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
God loves us the way a good father loves his disobedient children and a good husband loves his cheating wife.

The condition part only has to do with the way he corrects things.
Thanks and I know what God did for me and it lead me to belief in God

Romans 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

E

Exoaria

2 Corinthians 5:18-19
All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.

God reconciled us when we were his enemies. The death of Christ was our reconciliation, the resurrection of Christ was our salvation. The dispensation of grace requires us to believe in Jesus Christ in order for us to receive salvation - not for us to receive reconciliation. Therefore the condition of God's love is not that we believe in Him, because we are already reconciled, but the condition of salvation is that we believe in Him.

1 John 3:23
And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us.

The commandments that OP was talking about are the natural fruits of walking in the Spirit.
Jesus wasn't saying "If you don't keep my commandments then you're going to hell."

He was saying "If you love me then loving one another will be the fruits you bear from loving me."

It is impossible to begin a walk with Jesus and not start loving one another. It's a supernatural occurrence.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
2 Corinthians 5:18-19
All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.

God reconciled us when we were his enemies. The death of Christ was our reconciliation, the resurrection of Christ was our salvation. The dispensation of grace requires us to believe in Jesus Christ in order for us to receive salvation - not for us to receive reconciliation. Therefore the condition of God's love is not that we believe in Him, because we are already reconciled, but the condition of salvation is that we believe in Him.

1 John 3:23
And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us.

The commandments that OP was talking about are the natural fruits of walking in the Spirit.
Jesus wasn't saying "If you don't keep my commandments then you're going to hell."

He was saying "If you love me then loving one another will be the fruits you bear from loving me."

It is impossible to begin a walk with Jesus and not start loving one another. It's a supernatural occurrence.
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome, our account settled, paid in full, reconciled, atoned for, made friends, sin out of the way from God
1 John 2:12 I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name’s sake.

Where is the condition? We are reconciled, redeemed, and forgiven, by God through Son, Jesus Christ. there is only one response left to either believe and be thankful or not to believe and make your own self righteous way in works for what God has already done. Kind of like Saul, before he became Paul and has more reason to glory in the flesh than anyone else
Phil 3, and Paul puts no confidence in flesh. Think that might even mean himself? Do you think Self is what is in the way to people coming to this truth? Because by God through Christ we are forgiven, and this happened back at the cross for us all.
Or was the witness to this fact that sais this before he went to the cross a liar
John 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

E

Exoaria

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome, our account settled, paid in full, reconciled, atoned for, made friends, sin out of the way from God
1 John 2:12 I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name’s sake.

Where is the condition? We are reconciled, redeemed, and forgiven, by God through Son, Jesus Christ. there is only one response left to either believe and be thankful or not to believe and make your own self righteous way in works for what God has already done. Kind of like Saul, before he became Paul and has more reason to glory in the flesh than anyone else
Phil 3, and Paul puts no confidence in flesh. Think that might even mean himself?
In Romans 7 Paul actually talks about how even he struggles with sin - but where there is no law there is no transgression. It is no longer he that does the sin, but the sin living in him.

Everything you've said here is true lol

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
In Romans 7 Paul actually talks about how even he struggles with sin - but where there is no law there is no transgression. It is no longer he that does the sin, but the sin living in him.

Everything you've said here is true lol
and you as well, it is great to see truth in God and be one with God in Spirit and truth. For this is what Paul decided was to be dead to self through the death of Christ daily, and he saw to the point
Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Can we not grow to the same through trusting Father? Or is this only meant for Paul who was Saul?

E

Exoaria

and you as well, it is great to see truth in God and be one with God in Spirit and truth. For this is what Paul decided was to be dead to self through the death of Christ daily, and he saw to the point
Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Can we not grow to the same through trusting Father? Or is this only meant for Paul who was Saul?
Sin consciousness leads to sinful living, Christ consciousness leads to righteous living!

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Sin consciousness leads to sinful living, Christ consciousness leads to righteous living!
Yes one just needs to try to stop sin and is conscious and ends up doing what they try to stop. Or they succeed only to be proud and boastful over thinking they accomplished.

Then here it is, either that one becomes self-righteous and arrogant, or gets a messenger of Satan to be buffeted, to be humbled. Depends on whether or not we are considered Sons or not. Discipline to be humble important

Galatians 6:8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

2 Corinthians 12:7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

We know we are learning from God to be:
Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

Thank you for your insight from God, much appreciated

A

Apostilic1

You deceive yourself my friend. God is love. God can't not love any of his creation, including Satan and all sinners. Even the cursed are loved unconditionally by God. That's how Glorious He is, was and forever will be.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
You deceive yourself my friend. God is love. God can't not love any of his creation, including Satan and all sinners. Even the cursed are loved unconditionally by God. That's how Glorious He is, was and forever will be.
It would be nice to know who you are talking to, I agree God is Love and Loves all.
So when one finds out how much God loves them, what would be their response? To continue to sin? To try not to sin? To trust God to take care of it through Christ? Is it already done taken care of by Christ at the cross for us all or not?

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
For God loved the whole world that he gave his only begotten Son, that who so ever believeth into him shall no perish but have ever lasting life.
What if we take advantage of it and in use this grace purposely to harm our neighbor in gain for self? Would you say that one had received what Christ already did for them via the cross or not?

I am not saying to work at or for salvation, I am saying to respond to God in Thanks and appreciation and ask what to do from God personally

Sep 8, 2012
It's been almost a year since the O.P. was banned.
- (But carry on)

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
It's been almost a year since the O.P. was banned.
- (But carry on)
okay I see that, yet others we are replying back and forth to each other, I see no problem with that do you?
Thanks for the post though

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Homewardbound, :) read my posts further back through this thread and then decide if you really need to ask this question. :)

God bless :)
pickles

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Homewardbound, :) read my posts further back through this thread and then decide if you really need to ask this question. :)

God bless :)
pickles
thanks Sister, no problems here, and hope the same with all others in God's love to all

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. Perfect love will cast out all fear.

A

Ariel82

okay I see that, yet others we are replying back and forth to each other, I see no problem with that do you?
Thanks for the post though
I do see a problem.

most new members do NOT read all the pages and pages of responses.

they just read the first post and to keep bringing up this thread instead of creating a new one to discuss topics on is like advertising for the wrong side.

so if you want people to keep reading this:

Deut 30v:15 See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil;

:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

the Lord set the table

choose

1Cor 10:21 Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.

here is the condition Jesus set forth to those that love him

Jn 14:15If ye love me, keep my commandments.

the condition from God's mouth is for us to keep his commandments

1Jn 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

God's love requires us to keep his commandments.

then carry on.......

personally i find the title offensive and find it sad that the OP and many others worship a false idol they call god who places conditions on his love for them.

Last edited by a moderator:

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
I do see a problem.

they just read the first post and to keep bringing up this thread instead of creating a new one to discuss topics on is like advertising for the wrong side.

then carry on.......

personally i find the title offensive and find it sad that the OP and many others worship a false idol they call god who places conditions on his love for them.
Thanks Ariel82 for your Candor, much appreciated, and I do consider others even if they do not believe God or they believe God the way they think is right.
Who am I to say to another I am right, you are wrong. Id this not flesh in one's way? Glad God is not of flesh here today, The Love of God from God is beyond even Paul's full understanding, and Paul understood well, the Love of God through the Son Christ
For me and am not claiming I always do this, but I think this section of verses is for all those that believe in Christ. Not just say they do, and I do not know who actually do or not. All I know is to impart truth, in asking God God's way, for God's words to live through me
[h=3]Matthew 10:16-20[/h]New International Version (NIV)

[SUP]16 [/SUP]“I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves. [SUP]17 [/SUP]Be on your guard; you will be handed over to the local councils and be flogged in the synagogues. [SUP]18 [/SUP]On my account you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles. [SUP]19 [/SUP]But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say,

[SUP]20 [/SUP]
for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.

So what would you rather have, God speaking through you or just hidden in you?
personally I want "I" out of the way.
So if I offended you or anyone else, there was or has never been any intention to offend. The Job called to do is tell not only you but all that "GODJUSTLOVETHEM" for that is a fact that can't be changed.
I do think more people read this than you might give credit to God for, or not. All it takes is one that God leads to read and see that "GODJUSTLOVETHEM"
It is not based on good or bad things done. It is Based on MERCY God's.
Romans 5:8
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us
Romans 8:34 Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.
2 Corinthians 5:14 For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.

How many people did God die for? All or a few? That is God's type of love, for all, not a few
All in love to you

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
I do see a problem.

then carry on.......

What is his commandments, but to believe in Christ and Love as God does. and how can we do this except by first seeing the Love God ahs for all, not a few.
1 John 4:19 We love because he first loved us.
So againwas it the whole world all, or just the elect, that so many do not even know who the elect are.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. Perfect love will cast out all fear.
For it is God that works it out to God's good pleasure and according to God's will
[h=3]Philippians 2:13[/h]New International Version (NIV)

[SUP]13 [/SUP]for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.

So maybe if one would just start trusting then it could be much easier with flesh out of the way.
Thanks Jack