Jesus prays in Gethsemane

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

OreoSoleil

So before Jesus' greatest trial God prepares him in the garden of Gethsemane. It seems so symbolic of how God intends to prepare us for our present trial and how to prepare. So I've been reading the three Gospels that it is written about -- Matthew 26:36-46, Mark 14: 32-42, and Luke 22: 39-46.

I've been trying to find the best commentary --but I wondered what others view of this scene was. Jesus prayed for his burden to be lifted off of him, but if it wasn't for him to know and have strength from God.

Anyone's views?

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
From before the beginning, the Son was with the Father. He was there in the beginning, and He is with the Father now. The heart of Jesus is a wondrous thing to behold, as we read in John how the Father loves Him because He lays down His life for us. There in the garden, our savior does more than lay down His life for us, He endures separation from the Father as He takes upon Himself the sins of the world. In one act of love, He removes from the creation sin. It has been said that only those who are saved have had their sins forgiven. And in this they confuse forgiveness of sins with salvation. Salvation is life, and for us sin is death. We were born in sin, already dead in sin. As we come into Christ, that sin is expunged, we are made new in Him, without sin.

His love for us is so great, so mysterious, so life giving. He took upon Himself the separation from the Father that was our fate in this world, so that we could have His fellowship with the Father as our own.

In His Peace,

C

carpetmanswife

well...this particular story has been brought back to my memory recently . I too am goin thru a very difficult trial that seems to have no end, and i dont want to go thru it anymore, i just want it to be over. but remembering Jesus lamenting in the garden *mine doesnt begin to compare to His*..HE didnt want to go thru it either but He did ,He prayed nevertheless Thy will be done..thats what im having to do as well...endure till God sees fit to remove the burden

His will be done

Last edited by a moderator:

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
well...this particular story has been brought back to my memory recently . I too am goin thru a very difficult trial that seems to have no end, and i dont want to go thru it anymore, i just want it to be over. but remembering Jesus lamenting in the garden *mine doesnt begin to compare to His*..HE didnt want to go thru it either but He did ,He prayed nevertheless Thy will be done..thats what im having to do as well...endure till God sees fit to remove the burden

His will be done
I have a friend, a very dear brother in Christ, that I have known for above 30 years. He has always had difficulty with money, always never had enough, always struggling with making payments to his creditors, always in trouble. And now that he has an abundance, I see how the Lord was working in his life with great love, day by day, to meet his needs. Many times I have heard my friend say, "if only I had this or that, then things would be wonderful," but he still trusted in the Lord to provide. The love our Lord has for us is beyond belief. As we grow in Him, we see more of His love in every way.

In His peace,

May 21, 2009
I've heard it said that the Father would have to leave Jesus for a lil while as the killing of his Son was happening and that is what Jesus was not wanting. I don't know about that. I think how it says Jesus sweated out blood. That the Father showed Jesus a vision of excatly what was going to happen to him. And we all know what happened to him was horrible. Sweating out blood maybe Jesus felt all the pain that was going to happen even befor it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.