Jews wanting Christians to become Jews and leave Christ?

• Thread starter thefightinglamb
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Is the doctrine of insisting on Jewish law blasphemy of the gospel of Christ?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know, unsure, maybe........any other answer...explain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 1, 2009
This reminds me of someone who was saying that the translations got messed up and when we asked God to go to heaven we really were asking to go to hell and vice versa. I was like, i'm pretty sure God knows our hearts and what we're really asking for.

D

Definition_Christ

What you need to understand is that His Name was not Yeshua, it was Iesous. Jesus and the Apostles spoke Greek, Aramaic was a language known to them, but it was not the primary language spoken in Judea and surrounding areas at that time, Greek was the main language. Jesus could speak any language He wanted to and did, however His first langauge was Greek, His diciples would have known Him as Iesous, this correctly translates as Jesus in English! Mel Gibson was wrong, both Biblically and historically, Hollywood has popularized a recent modern myth that Jesus spoke Babylonian Aramaic, clearly the Devil is at work here, as Babylonian Aramaic was the language of Israel's enemies and they resented it.
First of all the Jews in Israel all spoke Hebrew. They knew Yeshua as Yeshua. Iesous has no meaning behind it, it is a Greek translation of YESHUA..

Can we get an example ? Sure.. I'll give you a Passage and you can fill in the details you conclude from this.

Acts 21
37 Then as Paul was about to be led into the barracks, he said to the commander, “May I speak to you?”
He replied, “Can you speak Greek?
38 Are you not the Egyptian who some time ago stirred up a rebellion and led the four thousand assassins out into the wilderness?”
39 But Paul said, “I am a Jew from Tarsus, in Cilicia, a citizen of no mean city; and I implore you, permit me to speak to the people.”
40 So when he had given him permission, Paul stood on the stairs and motioned with his hand to the people. And when there was a great silence, he spoke to them in the Hebrew language, saying,
Acts 22
1 “Brethren and fathers, hear my defense before you now.”
2 And when they heard that he spoke to them in the Hebrew language, they kept all the more silent.

C

Cup-of-Ruin

First of all the Jews in Israel all spoke Hebrew. They knew Yeshua as Yeshua. Iesous has no meaning behind it, it is a Greek translation of YESHUA..

Can we get an example ? Sure.. I'll give you a Passage and you can fill in the details you conclude from this.

Acts 21
37 Then as Paul was about to be led into the barracks, he said to the commander, “May I speak to you?”
He replied, “Can you speak Greek?
38 Are you not the Egyptian who some time ago stirred up a rebellion and led the four thousand assassins out into the wilderness?”
39 But Paul said, “I am a Jew from Tarsus, in Cilicia, a citizen of no mean city; and I implore you, permit me to speak to the people.”
40 So when he had given him permission, Paul stood on the stairs and motioned with his hand to the people. And when there was a great silence, he spoke to them in the Hebrew language, saying,
Acts 22
1 “Brethren and fathers, hear my defense before you now.”
2 And when they heard that he spoke to them in the Hebrew language, they kept all the more silent.
Strong's Exhaustive Concordance.

#1446 - Hebrais. ; in the Jewish (Chaldee) language.

Paul says 'I am a Ioudaios' because by state he was a Judean, even though he was born in Tarsus, Jerusalem was his citizenship, by citizen he was a Judean - Jew - by state, like i'm an Australian by geographical state, but I could be born somewhere else, in fact you can hold several citizenships, like Paul, who was a Roman as well...

The Jews spoke Chaldee (Aramaic) they were Edomite Herodians and they spoke the Babylonian tongue! As you can see Paul having lived and educated in Jerusalem spoke Chaldee, the Israelites spoke Greek, the NT is written in Greek and the OT is written in Greek, as Masoretic Hebrew did not exist only Aramaic and Phoenician, and the OT was written in Greek before being copied into Aramaic then Masoretic Hebrew (A combination of Aramaic and Phoenician), thats all 'Hebrew' is, the Hebrew language was not even developed until 2-3rd Century A.D. it was just Chaldee at the time of Christ, Christ spoke Chaldee once on the cross 'Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani' - the Greek Israelites couldn't understand that, that's why it had to be interpreted, that was not their first language or Christ's first language.

Hebrew language did not exist at the time of Christ, the the main languages were Koine Greek, Babylonian Aramaic (Chaldee) and old Phoenician...Old Phoenician is sometimes referred to as 'Paleo-Hebrew', because Phoenician is the root language of Hebrew, Aramaic was crossed with Phoenician to form Hebrew, Masoretic Hebrew did not have a written alphabet at the time of Christ, neither did Jews have any scriptures of their own, they were in Greek, they had to first translate into Aramaic (Targums) and then later developed the Hebrew alphabet sufficiently to write a Hebrew OT, and this was in 1009 AD! That's right the Jews did not have a complete written Old Testament in Hebrew until the Masorete Priests wrote it in 1009 AD- in comparison the Greek Septuagint OT is dated to the 3rd Century B.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.