Joel Osteen Rebukes Apostles Paul, Peter, and John

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 4, 2012
Osteen assiduously avoids the cross of Christ for the sake of worldly gain.

vic1980

Apr 25, 2013
Psalms 73:27 Those who desert him will perish, for you destroy those who abandon you.

Hope Joel Osteen reads this

God bless

W

weakness

Glad to see Joel coming out from us so that he is manifest ,he is not of us. Would like to read more,But I have felt this for tears. One thing to consider is that homosexuality is no worse than other sins mentioned by which we wont inherit the kingdom of God, except the fact that he who commits fornication sins against his own Body ,and our bodies are the temple of the holy Spirit . He that joins himself with a harlot will become one flesh with the harlot,and we cant be partakers of Satan and of Christ. We should love a homosexual like any other lost person that needs Jesus . But Paul clearly says cast that wicked person out of the church for the destruction of the flesh that his soul might be saved. Also it says God judgeth those without the church not us. God didn't give up on me glory to him. But repentance from any sin should be the dividing line.AS stated earlier we need to concentrate on our own sins. Covetousness which is idolatry is one of the churches most wide spread sin in america today , and right behind Paul's exhortation about homosexuality he mentions covetousness. we are hypocrites to think there is a difference . Therefore we should take the beam out of our own eye to see clearly to remove the splinter out of an others. This is the hypocrisy the world sees in the Church everyday and by which we blasphemy the word of God in thee world. WE need to clean up ourselves and let God judge those that are without the church.

Apostol2013

Jan 27, 2013
never have said these things to the Corinthian church.
Corinth was known for its sexual openness and promiscuity so for Paul to “condemn” all these “good people” was completely out of order and he needs to be rebuked.
When Paul wrote to the Romans he also was in complete error in stating the following in the first chapter of his letter, according to Joel Osteen.
“And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.”
According to Joel Osteen, Paul was absolutely incorrect and to state that being a homosexual is a sin is being “judgmental” and should not be tolerated. It is just wrong according to Joel Osteen. Many people agree with Joel Osteen today and so, Apostle Paul is apparently misguided and incorrect in his letter.
Joel goes on to point out the additional errors in the words Apostle Paul wrote.
“Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.” Paul went on to write in the first chapter of Romans, which according to the words of Joel Osteen, he is deeply misguided and mistaken.
Apostle Paul should repent for saying such things according to Joel Osteen. A growing number of people in America agree with Joel that Apostle Paul should be rebuked for ever saying such things because Paul isn’t accepting of people like Joel Osteen is.
Equally misguided and incorrect according to Joel Osteen is Paul’s words to the Galatian church. In his writings, Apostle Paul made stunning comments that were clearly exclusionary statements concerning the Kingdom and those whom are accepted, and in so doing has made grave error according to Joel Osteen.
See if you can detect the absolutely false statements that Apostle Paul made to the Galatian church according to the stated doctrine of Joel Osteen.
Galatians 5:19-21 “Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
You can clearly see what has Joel Osteen so unhappy that he’s gone on national television to correct this! It is this type of rhetoric, according to Joel Osteen, that is completely false and misrepresents the God he serves.
Joel Osteen’s God loves everybody and there are no exclusions because then, according to Joel, “none of us would be saved.” So again, Apostle Paul was completely incorrect and should never have written such harsh and insensitive words to the Galatian church according to Joel.
I imagine Joel Osteen would say “shame on Apostle Paul for ever writing such hateful words!”
Now, not only is Joel out to correct the misguided Apostle Paul, but Apostle Peter was also brought into serious question for clearly being exclusionary when he wrote these words.
1 Peter 1:14-16 “As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance: But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.”
According to the doctrine Joel Osteen has now shared with us all as “his message,” being clearly more evolved and enlightened than the archaic Apostle Peter, no one can be holy. We are left to conclude that Peter is misguided and is being judgmental. What a terrible yoke and condemnation Apostle Peter is trying to put on the good people he is writing to.
Additionally, Apostle Peter goes on to say things that are completely against the Lakewood Church Pastor’s God when he stated the following.
2 Peter 2:6-8 “And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly; And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked: (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;)
According to Joel Osteen’s public comments, one could conclude that Apostle Peter was in complete error and deceived when he wrote such things. What a terrible condemnation. He clearly did not know the doctrine that Joel Osteen preaches or he would never have said such awful and critical things.
Joel Osteen indirectly implies (subtly) that these apostles were false and were critical and judgmental and should NOT be listened to in America today. We all need to listen instead to Joel Osteen and Oprah Winfrey.
Now Apostle John made even greater errors if the benchmark is Joel Osteen’s “message” when he stated some of the thing that he wrote which, according to Joel Osteen, is just plain and simply not true.
It takes a lot of courage for Joel to stand against these writings but he believes strongly in his “uplifting and encouraging” doctrine that does not endorse such harsh and judgmental statements as written by these ancient Apostles.
We should all pray for Joel Osteen because he needs our prayers if he’s going to continue to champion the cause of those oppressed and condemned by the writings and statements of Apostles like Paul, Peter and John.
Revelation 21:8 “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
You see, according to Joel Osteen in a recent interview, “God doesn’t see any sin as worse than another” and all are going to heaven. Apparently in Joel Osteen’s bible, he has redacted the unpardonable sin. So if you’re a follower of Joel Osteen’s then this statement by Apostle John must seem just plain wrong.
Apostle John doesn’t know what he’s talking about and we need to listen to the wisdom of Joel Osteen. Apostle John clearly was in error and should be rebuked for suggesting that people who tell lies are going to have their part in the lake of fire.
What was Apostle John thinking writing such judgmental things???
That’s a terrible thing to say and no one, certainly not Apostle John, should be allowed to say such things. As Joel says, “there’s enough condemnation in the world” and we don’t need anymore.
Additionally, in his letter, Apostle John says things like …
1 John 3:8-10 “He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.”
Now according to Joel Osteen and the thousands that agree with his “message,” this entire passage should be removed from the pages of the bible and no one should be saying such things. In fact, Joel goes on to share that it is this exact kind of preaching that will hinder “church growth.”
Apostles Paul, Peter, and John listen up. Joel Osteen rebukes you all.
Now listen, Joel Osteen and his ministry in Houston are all about people. He is standing up for your rights! He is taking a REALLY BIG RISK because … if he’s wrong, and Apostle Paul is right … then he stands to be cursed! So he needs your support in prayer NOW!
Galatians 1:9 “As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.”
Instead, you all need to listen to his message of universal acceptance and lawless living without any condemnation so we can all “lift our spirits” and be “encouraging and loving” to all people no matter what lifestyle or choices they make. After all, according to Joel, God loves us all and everyone is going to heaven so lighten up!
There is no exclusive path to the Kingdom. According to Joel Osteen, we need to hear this message because it’s the right message and anyone that says that there is an exclusive path to God is wrong.
Joel would know, look at the size of his church! He is clearly telling you the truth more than anyone in history.
John 14:6 “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”
Exactly how much error is too much?[/QUOTE]
That is awfull it is written acursed be any man or angel that bringeth another gospel other than the one delivered by jesus and the apostles if joel olsteen dont straitened up he may find himself in bearing the same curse as satan

Apostol2013

Jan 27, 2013
That is awfull it is written acursed be any man or angel that bringeth another gospel other than the one delivered by jesus and the apostles if joel olsteen dont straitened up he may find himself in bearing the same curse as satan

Apostol2013

Jan 27, 2013
Glad to see Joel coming out from us so that he is manifest ,he is not of us. Would like to read more,But I have felt this for tears. One thing to consider is that homosexuality is no worse than other sins mentioned by which we wont inherit the kingdom of God, except the fact that he who commits fornication sins against his own Body ,and our bodies are the temple of the holy Spirit . He that joins himself with a harlot will become one flesh with the harlot,and we cant be partakers of Satan and of Christ. We should love a homosexual like any other lost person that needs Jesus . But Paul clearly says cast that wicked person out of the church for the destruction of the flesh that his soul might be saved. Also it says God judgeth those without the church not us. God didn't give up on me glory to him. But repentance from any sin should be the dividing line.AS stated earlier we need to concentrate on our own sins. Covetousness which is idolatry is one of the churches most wide spread sin in america today , and right behind Paul's exhortation about homosexuality he mentions covetousness. we are hypocrites to think there is a difference . Therefore we should take the beam out of our own eye to see clearly to remove the splinter out of an others. This is the hypocrisy the world sees in the Church everyday and by which we blasphemy the word of God in thee world. WE need to clean up ourselves and let God judge those that are without the church.
well we must uphold Gods righteousness Jesus is loving but also stern and the truth must be upheld not just by lips but by our very lives , accept the testimony of Jesus the water the blood and the spirit that testify of our new covenant disanuling the covenant of death

C

cjordan38

Didnt the Word say beware of the false prophets and parasiees? Also didnt it say that many will come in his name? Joel needs Jesus and fast. Anybody that listens to the serpent is toing down. Woe unto the man that knows to do right but willfully does wrong. He knows that God hand picked the Apostles so how are they wrong and out dated?

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
I would say that Paul, Peter, and John Rebuke Joel Osteen.

buckets

Banned by Admin Team (verified fraud)
Dec 14, 2013
I think I'll stand with Paul, John and of course Simon Peter

Not sure who Joel is but I will pray for him :) I wouldn't want to rebuke any of Christ's apostles

Jesus said what would happen if you didn't treat them well :D

Dec 12, 2013
Well he can keep his "prosperity gospel of a different kind. If I was a betting man I would wager that his golden smile wouldn't get him a one thousandth of on inch off the ground toward heaven. Yes God loves, forgives and is merciful, unfortunately, most people who center on this seem to forget that God is a God of judgment as well. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools will despise the wisdom and instruction that comes from the word of God...THE WHOLE COUNCIL OF GOD.
We (my friends and I) call this Burger King Theology...pick and choose what you preach so as not to "OFFEND" anyone. The majority of the time Jesus preached he "OFFENDED" someone as the Word of God cuts and goes deep!

Dec 12, 2013
I think I'll stand with Paul, John and of course Simon Peter

Not sure who Joel is but I will pray for him :) I wouldn't want to rebuke any of Christ's apostles

Jesus said what would happen if you didn't treat them well :D
He is a joke when it comes to standing on any biblical truth that calls sin for what it is, sin.

Dec 12, 2013
I would say that Paul, Peter, and John Rebuke Joel Osteen.
Excellent...Not only rebuke, but also makes him look like a fool to any who knows the word of God. Better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and be known a fool.

K

Kerry

Joel is feel good preacher. If it itches he will scratch it as long as your money is in the box. Sorta like a volunteer fire department in the outskirts, if you don't donate. we will come out and watch you house burn. Don't think so?

When your hurting, you need the cross and not some story about a dude he knows. When does he ever preach the cross? Might as well read some self help book. Cause they do they same. Go to the Cross, it is the only way.

A

Anonimous

He is a joke when it comes to standing on any biblical truth that calls sin for what it is, sin.
Some have called Joel a false teacher. He is. But I prefer to think of Him as a coward. Yes, a coward. He is afraid of standing up for anything that would even remotely be considered as offensive. He will not stand against sin or even preach against it. If he were to mention or confront sin his income might suffer. As bad as he is...all those people who flock to hear him every week think "all is well" with the world. One day...God will bring judgment to the world...including the US. Let's see how all that happy talk holds up when things get bad...as they surely will. Just thinking "happy thoughts" will not get a person by.

I do not even think this guy has a clue what a sin is. A sin is what God has said a sin is. Joel or no one else can change what God has said.

This man is a coward...The worse kind of coward.

But, hey...that's just me...

A

Anonimous

Joel is no Christian...
No...but, he is a coward...no convictions at all...except the conviction that we all somehow deserve to be happy, and wealthy.

What a coward...

A

Anonimous

Excellent...Not only rebuke, but also makes him look like a fool to any who knows the word of God. Better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and be known a fool.
or even worse...go on TV and prove it internationally...

iwant2serve

Apr 12, 2009
This is one of the worse attacks on a person with total judgmental actions. If you don't like what he preaches don't' listen to him. There were two post asking about a post of the context of what he said. No one has posted that but many and I mean many slander this man. This is not a way believers behave, this is slander ie. gossiping. Not one person took a moment to post a prayer, its stuff like this that runs people away from us so please STOP POSTING THING LIKE THIS.

Dec 12, 2013
Some have called Joel a false teacher. He is. But I prefer to think of Him as a coward. Yes, a coward. He is afraid of standing up for anything that would even remotely be considered as offensive. He will not stand against sin or even preach against it. If he were to mention or confront sin his income might suffer. As bad as he is...all those people who flock to hear him every week think "all is well" with the world. One day...God will bring judgment to the world...including the US. Let's see how all that happy talk holds up when things get bad...as they surely will. Just thinking "happy thoughts" will not get a person by.

I do not even think this guy has a clue what a sin is. A sin is what God has said a sin is. Joel or no one else can change what God has said.

This man is a coward...The worse kind of coward.

But, hey...that's just me...
I agree as I watched an interview and he would not make a stand against any known false religion or sin. God calls us to preach the whole council of God not just Burger King Theology. I also agree with statement about U.S. and that judgment is not far off.