John 1

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I

Israel

How can one understand the beginning of John without an understanding the beginning?

Feb 27, 2007
Its so cool, we are born again, we are filled with the HOLY SPIRIT who gives us understanding of Gods Holy word that those who are not filled can not understand. I didnt understand before I received the Lord... Afterwards it was like the Bible became my favorite novel. So this is how, by the wisdom of the Holy Spirit.

Feb 19, 2010
Heh. It's kinda ironic we're talking about understanding things, because I have to ask for clarification 'cause I don't understand your question XD

Are you asking how we can understand the beginning of John without understanding the beginning of creation?

I

Israel

Heh. It's kinda ironic we're talking about understanding things, because I have to ask for clarification 'cause I don't understand your question XD

Are you asking how we can understand the beginning of John without understanding the beginning of creation?
Yeah, in a sense. Without atleast an understanding of the creation account in Genesis, how can one understand what John meant?

Feb 19, 2010
Ah, I see. I agree, it will take an understanding of the creation account to understand John 1, but also other things as well.

I

Israel

Ah, I see. I agree, it will take an understanding of the creation account to understand John 1, but also other things as well.

I totally agree with you. My point for starting this thread is to point out that without building a foundation that starts in Genesis, the interpretation of John 1 could lead to error.

Feb 19, 2010
I totally agree with you. My point for starting this thread is to point out that without building a foundation that starts in Genesis, the interpretation of John 1 could lead to error.
Oh, most certainly.

May 21, 2009
Don't fret. Everything you learn helps.

May 16, 2010
I am not quite sure unfortunatley where exactly it is,but I do know I read it in the Bible;That not to forget that The Kingdom of Heaven is not Only of WORD but of POWER!
To understand the beginning is to understand That Body that Christ Demonstrated off The Mount of Olives and not only the amount of power & energy but also the type!(Controled)
Love in Christ!!!