King James says women can be pastors

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 13, 2014
Psa 119:99 I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation.
Psa 119:100 I understand more than the ancients, because I keep thy precepts.

New jewel found in king James coverup...

Church of England did not allow women pastors, so they covered up all the verses that made wome pastors

Rom 16:1 I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea:
Rom 16:2 That ye receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye assist her in whatsoever business she hath need of you: for she hath been a succourer of many, and of myself also.

so for men they translated diakonos for men as ministers and for women as servents
same word.

lets do it again

Rom 16:1 I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a pastor of the church which is at Cenchrea:
Rom 16:2 That ye receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye assist her in whatsoever business she hath need of you: for she hath been a succourer of many, and of myself also.

SAME WORD! but for MEN they translate it as:

Mat 20:26 But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your MINISTER;

Rom 13:4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

but for PHOEBE she is just a SERVANT

mistranslations

Yes, because of bigots as translators they did disservice to women

Phoebe was a minister and pastored the church, and Paul told everyone to listen to her and obey her.

Study study study
and you willl soon be out of confusion;

get a free Bible
theword.net
install it
click on everything to see what the words REALLY are.

but this show,
if you just surface read the king james
you will become a parishoner of the false church of England with ever burning hell, standing in prayer, eternal souls surviving after death and all sorts of pagan beliefs.

Just click and read, you will find the truth

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2010
They can be anything they like as long as they are quiet in the church, and not speak for it is a shame for women to speak in church. 1 Cor 14.

And they Cannot be elders, bishops or deacons in CHURCH ACTIVITY... 1 Tim 3. So let them even be little Apostles as long as they are in place SUBJECT to their own husbands.... So that will nullify the office for them anyway. Sorry it is god's order not mine.

Twist it any way you like. English is never a good landuage for the Bible in any form. God said women should be quiet in church NOT PAUL.... Read 1 Cor 14... Brethren when you come together... Paul (God's servant) is not even speaking to women there...

You can twist the Word of God but the Truth shall not stand down in the hearts of the TRUTH SEEKERS that god reveal His purpose for....

L

LClark

This is naive. You need to study more. Minister/deacon means servant, diakonos does not equal pastor. All Christians are called to be ministers/servants but not all are called to be pastors. See Eph. 4
See New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology, s.v. serve;

kingerik

Sep 25, 2013
They can be anything they like as long as they are quiet in the church, and not speak for it is a shame for women to speak in church. 1 Cor 14.

And they Cannot be elders, bishops or deacons in CHURCH ACTIVITY... 1 Tim 3. So let them even be little Apostles as long as they are in place SUBJECT to their own husbands.... So that will nullify the office for them anyway. Sorry it is god's order not mine.

Twist it any way you like. English is never a good landuage for the Bible in any form. God said women should be quiet in church NOT PAUL.... Read 1 Cor 14... Brethren when you come together... Paul (God's servant) is not even speaking to women there...

You can twist the Word of God but the Truth shall not stand down in the hearts of the TRUTH SEEKERS that god reveal His purpose for....
1 Corinths 14 verse 34 needs be taken in context. In the corinthian culture, women were not allowed to confront men in public. APparently, some of the women who had become christians thought their christian freedom gave them the right to question the men in public worship. This was causing division in the church. Also, women of that day did not recieve formal religious education as did men. Women may have been raising questions in the worship service which could have been answered at home without disrupting church. Paul was asking women not to flaunt their christian freedom during worship service. This verse was to promote unity, not to teach about women's role in the church.

It is clear from corinths 11:5 that women prayed and prophesied in public worship. it is also clear in chapters 12-14 of corinthians that women had spiritual gifts and they are encouraged to exercise them in the body of Christ. WOmen have much to contribute and can participate.

Feb 17, 2010
1 Corinths 14 verse 34 needs be taken in context. In the corinthian culture, women were not allowed to confront men in public. APparently, some of the women who had become christians thought their christian freedom gave them the right to question the men in public worship. This was causing division in the church. Also, women of that day did not recieve formal religious education as did men. Women may have been raising questions in the worship service which could have been answered at home without disrupting church. Paul was asking women not to flaunt their christian freedom during worship service. This verse was to promote unity, not to teach about women's role in the church.

It is clear from corinths 11:5 that women prayed and prophesied in public worship. it is also clear in chapters 12-14 of corinthians that women had spiritual gifts and they are encouraged to exercise them in the body of Christ. WOmen have much to contribute and can participate.
I have ONLY given scripture and the ones you give says NOTHING about women preaching in church. When the brethren and their families come together.... Please look what Paul is sayin in 1 Cor 14, and please give SCRIPTURE where the women APPARENTLY question the men in PUBLIC... show scripture or keep your peace my young friend. These nonsence you picked up from FALSE teachers that are IGNORENT as Paul says, and if you also want to be ignorent Paul tells me to let you be ignorent. I have PROVEN with Scripture that ALL office bearers in the CHURCH is men and should be EXCLUSIVELY men... Deacon is the lowest office in church... and look what the Bible says... 1 Tim 3... Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.

If you want to still argue this point take it to God HE GAVE SCRIPTURE, NOT ME!

B

Brother-Quick

Psa 119:99 I have more understanding than all my teachers: Moral hy testimonies are my meditation.

Church of England did not allow women pastors, so they covered up all the verses that made wome pastors

Rom 16:1 I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea:

so for men they translated diakonos for men as ministers and for women as servents
same word.

lets do it again

Rom 16:1 I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a pastor of the church which is at Cenchrea:

Mat 20:26 But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your MINISTER;

Rom 13:4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

mistranslations

Phoebe was a minister and pastored the church, and Paul told everyone to listen to her and obey her.

Study study study

get a free Bible
theword.net
install it

but this show,
you will become a parishoner of the false church of England with ever burning hell, standing in prayer, eternal souls surviving after death and all sorts of pagan beliefs.

Hi cobus the church of England does Allow women pastors ,, are you in agreement with them ,? What is your stance,
I am from England i was quickfire Do you remember.
Did you Know brother that chimpanziees hunt in packs and eat other monkeys alive,
Well the moral to this is brother once upon time men where where like monkeys lol not so much in looks But in mentality, and unfornanlety many have suffered because of it and many still are, So please brother let it go this african english war you have you ask any good english person like so many others that have they will all say they are ashamed of some of our leaders choices

Feb 17, 2010
Hi cobus the church of England does Allow women pastors ,, are you in agreement with them ,? What is your stance,
I am from England i was quickfire Do you remember.
Did you Know brother that chimpanziees hunt in packs and eat other monkeys alive,
Well the moral to this is brother once upon time men where where like monkeys lol not so much in looks But in mentality, and unfornanlety many have suffered because of it and many still are, So please brother let it go this african english war you have you ask any good english person like so many others that have they will all say they are ashamed of some of our leaders choices
Hope you can come visit someday....

Woman pastors... NEVER in the Bible so not for me either... God says this about man and woman...

For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.

Jesus can never be my glory, and my I can never be my wifes... God made rthe picking order like this.... God / Jesus / man / wife / children.... Never any other order. I just trust Him for it and never asks why, it makes perfect sence and my house is GOOD proof it works 100%. You will see when you come visit... then you can report if I lie or not.

Feb 17, 2010
The war thing... I am also ashamed of my people and history, but that is why I am so against people saying God approves war.... James says HE DOES NOT! So my friend I only bring the wars up to teach young children NEVER to enlist in any MAN'S ARMY for ANY REASON AT ALL.... Jesus says His people does not fight, becasue they are NOT FROM THIS WORLD and this world is OT THEIR KINGDOM....

oldhermit

Jul 28, 2012
Alabama
This has nothing to do with any supposed agendas that you may think are responsible for the rendering of this word. The simple truth is that the word is διάκονον - servant or one who ministers. This word is never properly translated as pastor whether it is applied to men or women.

as_i_am

May 16, 2012
There are two things the church constantly has to war against - Pharaoh Spirits in men (men in authority) and Jezebel's in (used of women or in people under authority) Pharaoh uses the backs of the weaker and poorer to build his kingdom. Jezebel uses her charisma to take her advantage of a meeker leader and take authority to dethrone the leader and build her own kingdom and laws. ALL of scripture regarding women and men and their roles suggest that Men are to be leaders both in the home and in community work. The women the Lord regards as weaker, yet not without value in the church. Both Joel 2:28 and Acts 2:18 as well as Deborah as a judge and prophet confirm the Spirit works in women as well as men. For organization and order in the new testament, there can only be one that makes final decisions, but that does not mean that women have no say, just not in a public gathering for unity sake according to Corinthians. Women are not to be over men (teach nor pastor). The man has final word and decisions both for the women and children of his home and church. Since women are regarded as servants, we should take this as a great thing, but in the end we are all regarded as servants of God. The problem in my opinion looking at history of the Church is when people today, without fear of God, regard the pastoral leadership position as some great wordly position, it is not to be. From that, we see abuses of powers, the manifestation of evil taking hold of leaders- Fathers, pastors, all local and world wide publicans, kings and presidents. You do not see servants and greats laying down their lives for church and wives, you see a greedy, self building, prideful, materialistic church. We also see a war on meek pastors being taken by Jezebels trying to castrate people in authority. We must guard against the motivations of picking sides on this issue. The enemy loves disunity in this. It keeps men and women separated and through Christ there shouldn't be separation in any flock. Through Christ and the Holy Spirit, Heaven and Earth come together again, Men and Women, Races and creeds, GOD and man all become one under Christ. We must not separate what God joins together anymore. The enemy still tries to separate. There is order for unity in the battle front. We really need to check the motive of heart before picking and choosing scriptures for an unfit motive of heart. We need to eat the whole thing to get the heart of God on all matters. A man who respects and fears God will lay down his life for the woman and family. A pastor for the church. A woman was not to lay down her life for the man. She is to be protected by the man. A church does not lay down her life for the Pastor. She literally is protected and able to "carry" the multiplication of the seeds of God by continuing the building of this family. She should respect this. She should have her say in the home and in community, but the final word for the good of the home is the Father who is the pastor of the home just as the pastor over the community church and leadership. This is love.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
King James translators?
Before that Calvin and Luther didn't allow
or Rome or the early Church...unless...
the conspiracy goes deeper and deeper...ooooo, ahhhhh.

ChosenbyHim

Sep 19, 2011
Psa 119:99 I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation.

same word.

lets do it again

mistranslations

Study study study

get a free Bible
theword.net
install it

but this show,

A Greek word can have several different meanings depending on the context. Same goes with an Hebrew word.

And also, Pheobe was not a pastor. She was a servant. The King James Bible has it right. The King James Bible is always right.

God only calls men to be preachers and pastors.

B

Brother-Quick

hi as-i-am awsome sister, you tell them your post was a blessing to me thankyou :) the stuff you said there is also true and a servant in my eyes is a true child of god man or women good on ya sis, titles and greed are the bigest fall for some, oh so true the managers no longer behaves like a team leader or a team player and for some there motavation has been just to get to top crushing who they like on the way, thats why i love stories about home bread talent that has been nurtured taught the right way and gone on to bless the same way which is to take what ever gain you get and put it to good use blessing sis lovely to hear from ya

Last edited:

as_i_am

May 16, 2012
I will use this example Regarding translations: Reading in revelation, The pale horse in greek meant Pale (green). From that some studying revelation have said this literally means a green horse. And it means islam, etc. What many fail to see in translation is this: Pale horse -(greenish color) was something that was alive (green) and is dying or dead (death). In luke ch. 23 when Jesus was on the cross, he said to the women of Jerusalem not to cry for him, but for themselves and their children, for if this happens in a green tree, what will happen to the dry? This was a literal spiritual eye opener that would eventually manifest down into the physicial if we did not Spiritually "see" it. drying trees are pale green, not alive, but dying. Cut off from the vine shows slow famine and finally death. When using the greek translations of words, you still need whole scripture, chapter reads and Spirit to get to the whole messages or get thrown off. God will never use scripture to separate His kingdom nor subjects. He separates the Lies from the truth. His word is to destroy the works of the enemy in our hearts, first.

Yet

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
We need to define 'pastors' plural within the local body.
Poimen: shepherds. What do shepherds do? They watch over the flock. Also epikopos the same thing wrongly translated bishop indicating a title. Overseer, to watch over, not reign over. To supervise in the sense of correcting error not ruling as doing all ministry. Not a title, a function. They , feed the flock. There is a plurality of shepherds/overseers within a givin body. Elders they are. Been around the block a few times. Are mature and wise. All members use their spiritual functions. Elders keep the meeting scripturally pure, decently and in order. See: 1Cor.12 and14 and Romans 12 .
Some shepherds/elders may teach, some may not. Some simply serve, daikonos- servant. diaconeo-to serve, to wait upon and all watch and guard with care as every member paricipated in the meeting/ gathering/ assembly.
Today's definition of 'pastor' does not square with Gods word on the matter. Therefore neither a man or a women has the right to put the title in front of their name( see Matt.23) and lift themselves above the folks. Only One Shepherd has earned that upper position, Jesus Christ. He paid His dues. On earth 'He took not unto a himself of any reputation but humbled Himself unto servanthood.' Mine.

Mar 4, 2013
This is the third time this subject has been brought up. Why is this so important? I say as I did before: Are we trying to prove something that isn't clarified in scripture by trying to justify our desire?

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2013
A pastor governs the church and is not necessarily a preacher or prophet. A pastor is an "overseer" that has authority to keep all things in order according to the Word of God. A pastor is a "shepherd" who guides, and directs the flock.

Definition of pastor from Strong's concordance:
a shepherd; hence met: of the feeder, protector, and ruler of a flock of men. A ruler must exercise authority. There is no reason to question God's structure.

Strong's Greek: 4166. ποιμήν (poimén) -- a shepherd

B

Brother-Quick

Over seer over adder too in some cases. Im still blessed by this thread, moving swiftly on i thinks it important because We get to Talk in a deeper spirutual Sense on heart felt inner Emotions That One can Talk about with a burning passionet desire to express there good intent ,, in some case maybe not maybe some unloving unsharing self glorifying Person or just a plane old muppet get his beak in ,, either way We can still be blessed brother praise him

Last edited:
N

nimbus3852

This is naive. You need to study more. Minister/deacon means servant, diakonos does not equal pastor. All Christians are called to be ministers/servants but not all are called to be pastors. See Eph. 4
See New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology, s.v. serve;
The very idea of "pastor" comes from the Roman Catholic tradition. Originally the church leaders were the Elders, and the Elders had various gifts. There was no structure per se.

N

nimbus3852

Prophet is the idea that you are looking for, the person who speaks in the church.