Know Jesus and you know the Father.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.

1joh39

To all who read this: I am Cobus Myburgh, and you know me as 1 John 39. I am a humble person in the presence of the Lord, but I have all my faith in His Word! And because His Word is so powerful, the depths in it so Deep, I will pray that God would take my obedience for thirteen years, and bestow it on the hearts of all of you! I wish you all Jesus, and the fullness of Him! All I can offer, is my devotion to His revelations, and I believe He will reveal it to each and every one of you!
Please allow me this one humble prayer! “Lord, Christ Jesus, you know every heart, and you know my intentions, keep them in Your Holy Will, and destroy all lies that may arise! I trust You only, let Thou Word speak, and make our hearts receptive for Your Truth, Your Word is the Truth. Amen!”
Today we are going to walk through the Word of God, so that God can reveal Himself to us. If we know Him, we have everlasting life, everlasting life is to know God! John 17. As we walk through the Word we will form an opinion of the characteristic of the God we learn about! We know He says he is God and that He will never change. So our first characteristic we have of God is this…. He will never change. As He was when He walked the Earth, so is He today! The Words Jesus spoke then, are as relevant today as it was the moment He uttered them! Now if we know Jesus we should know the Father, because He said so… John 18:19 Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.
Now the study starts right here! Jesus is standing in front of the Pharisee, the elders and the scribes! The church of the Israelites if you please! Let us look at this church! This church was the one that served the Israel nation for all time! The priests and elders and scribes were the “spiritual leaders” of every Israelite since they started there “service” way before Jesus came!
So when an Israelite has a matter of any nature, to council God, he can only go to the priests! And this priest would then be his teacher! Who did these priests serve? God or Satan? Who gave these priests answers to their prayers? God or Satan? How can it be God if Jesus just told them that they do not know God? Now the question arises…how long were they misled to believe they knew God? Jesus gives the answer…! Look what Jesus says to them next….. I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come. And then….Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. Please note the distinct difference! Two hugely different sides! And this is God Himself that makes the distinction! Can you see how wrong these people were! They had NO resemblance of what God had in mind for His nation! And they were perceived by the WHOLE nation to be the “holy” ones! Only because of a lack of God’s knowledge!
Just like today with so many “holy” preachers, and people putting them up there with Jesus! Nothing changed, especially Jesus! He cannot change, He is still the measure for holiness! The only holy people are as holy as He is, anything less is from beneath! Anything equal is from Him and might even be Him! From Above! This Word I share with you is from Him! So believe it! I did not write the Word, He did I only believe it! To His knowledge He wants to bestow on me!
I have to show you what Jesus thought of the “church” of the Israelites… and who Jesus says are their father! If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. 43Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.44Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. 45And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
They are of their father the devil!!!! And what is his lust? To kill!!! Who is the murderer from the BEGINNING! The Devil!!! Now, when did the ‘church’ start to follow this devil-father? From the beginning! And what is his characteristic, his lust… to kill!! They hated Jesus! Because they hated God! They believed the lie! For how long? From the beginning! And the Israelites followed them all the way! Right to the crucifixion of their own Messiah! But some believed Jesus, and these are the ones that did become the First True Church! And that Church is still the only True Church maintained by Jesus Christ Himself today! That is another study! Let us stick to the god of Israel and where they went wrong! And how many times God tried to get them back to Him! As often as He sent a prophet but they killed them all! Why? Because they went against what they perceived God is! A vengeful murderer like satan!
Now we are going to do two verses in the Word and we will all have to make a choice. To believe one of the two, because the biggest contradiction is to believe both verses! So let me start with the one I believe, with all my heart!!! James 1:13… 13Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: 14But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
Make your choice… can any man be tempted by God? I say NO! Can God be tempted with evil? I say NO!!!! Does god temp any man? NO!!!! who temps man? HIS OWN LUST!!!!
Now some would say… but Satan tempted Jesus in the desert! Yes he did, but the reason Jesus gives why this happened explain why He is such an awesome God! Jesus was tempted so that He can help me when I am tempted. Actually Jesus took my place in the temptation, so that I cannot be tempted anymore! This is another study, just believe me that it was actually us in the desert, tempted by Satan! And we did not adhere to his temptations, because our victory in Christ, was established there!
And now the other verse! 1And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, God tempted Abraham? NO!!! It totally contradicts James 1:13. Do I believe Abraham believed it was God that did tempt him! YES, he did believe it, that is what is written here! But was it the Father that asked Abraham to do it…NO! Who is the one that lusts for kill! Not Abba Father. But just like the Pharisee, Abraham was deceived to believe it was God telling him these things. But the difference with Abraham was… He believed God will stop him! And God did! We all know that! God does not play games. But he did reward Abraham in his faith! Let me assure you, if Abraham did not have faith that God would stop him and provide something else for the offering, Isaac would have been killed that day. And Jesus gives Abraham the recognition of faith in God, with the faith that God would stop him, not that God tempted him. Jesus does this in Romans 4:3.
We were taught to pray…. Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil…. See, Lord deliver me from my lusts and then your spirit will lead me away from temptation! My lusts are evil, and His lead is never into temptation! But I have to follow, that is why I need to be delivered from my lusts! From my old self! And this God does FAITHFULLY!
Now if I believe God will deliver me from evil, would I be wrong to say that he delivered All Evil from Himself? No! I would be 100% correct! God cannot be tempted! Why, because the temptation is from below and He from above, opposite sides! And to show how we are being delivered, look at this… 14Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 15And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? 16And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 17Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, 18And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
There is NO FELLOWSHIP between God and Satan! NONE!!!! Firstly, Nobody gets to the Father except through the Son! And every person that goes through the Son is made holy and perfect, by His Blood and Life! Satan cannot go to the Father, except through the Son, and he cannot stand the Blood or the Life or the Light! So it is impossible for Satan to get to Father! Easy to perceive. On a dark night, if I enter a pitch black room, open the door and switch the light on, does the darkness enter the room, or does the light shine out? Easy to see, Light forces darkness away! God’s light will force Satan so far away as the opposite side of the Cross!
If God dwells in me, how can Satan enter? We know that if we get rid of evil in our hearts, those evil spirits go through waterless places, and we know that the water with Christ fills once and the people will never thirst again, so if an evil spirit can get to this water he would also never thirst again, but he cannot get there! Only the ones Jesus lets through Himself will get to the Water! And we know if this spirit goes and returns to the cleaned and garnished home he left before, he might bring even worse spirits than himself to reside in this heart. But the antidote to this spirit is Jesus Christ! If is fill that heart with God’s Spirit, the evil one will shiver with fear and NEVER return!
Look how scared the evil spirits was whenever Jesus approached them! Then you will understand that evil cannot be in the presence of Good! God is Good! Now you may say but Satan was in the presence of God as Job says! Well I say it is impossible, he is too much of a coward, and to evil to appear before the God of Light! If you read Job 42, you will see that Job did utter the words of Job 1 in believe that he understood Satan was there. But he retracts all he said in Job 42:6. He withdraw all things he said. He only said what he heard and believed to be true! Things he did not understand. He uttered things he did not understand, just like I used to, but now I have seen His truth. The Light has no fellowship with the darkness! Now I also understand and I also say things the opposite from Job 1 now! Just like brother Job wised up when he saw THE LIGHT! The Word / Jesus is the Light!
If the evil spirits were so afraid of Jesus and they knew Him…. They even asked Him if He came to torment them before the time. Matthew 8:29. And then they will go on their own accord to God? No sorry I cannot believe they have this stupidity, or braveness in them! Then the Word says…. 1 Samual 18:10…. 10And it came to pass on the morrow, that the evil spirit from God came upon Saul, and he prophesied in the midst of the house: and David played with his hand, as at other times: and there was a javelin in Saul’s hand. 11And Saul cast the javelin; for he said, I will smite David even to the wall with it. And David avoided out of his presence twice. Again!!!! This spirit wanted to kill!!! Who lusts for killing? SATAN! This spirit came from the devil! Do I believe Saul believed it came from God? Yes but Saul was also misled, from the beginning! Also by the same one that can present himself as an angel of the light! Satan!
Does evil spirits know Jesus, yes and every person that also believes in Jesus, and they shiver in their presence! Read Acts 19:15 and 16. But the false Christians is no match against these spirits! And they have a lot of evil fun with the false Christians. They reap havoc! I am careful, not to offend any person, but the Truth should not be subdued we should talk Truth!
Let me assure you, every reborn child of God, is the Terror of all evil spirits, and their father. Even he, the devil, came in the most humblest way he can, to just try his luck with the Son. But what does Jesus say about him today…. 7Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. How great is this? He will flee!!!! Make him run Lord, make him run!
One more angle. David and the counting of the nation! Two verses we will look at but first let us see that it was a sin to count the nation, because David says in 2 Samuel 24:10…. 10And David’s heart smote him after that he had numbered the people. And David said unto the LORD, I have sinned greatly in that I have done: and now, I beseech thee, O LORD, take away the iniquity of thy servant; for I have done very foolishly.
And now the other two verses! The ones that made David do this! First 2 Samuel 24:1 1And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah. Note the anger of the LORD was,,,, and he moved David! And now, the key!....
1 Chronicles 21:1 1And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.
I believe Satan told David to count the nation! See! You can investigate both scriptures and you will find that both these chapters are talking about one occasion. Where king David wanted to know the amount of people in his kingdom! Now was it the LORD or Satan? Well to give the Godly answer you have to know Jesus Christ! He knows the answer!
Did Jesus ever tempt a person? Did Jesus ever asked a person to go against God’s will? Did Jesus ever asked a person to kill another? Did Jesus ever punish anybody? Did Jesus stand up against the flesh of another? Did Jesus ever ask any person something He knew that person was unable to achieve? NO TO ALL!!! And what did He say…. If God were your Father, ye would love me:
And then He says: …15If ye love me, keep my commandments.
One of His commandments is… Matthew 5:48… 48Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
He is God He can command us anything He likes, especially that He is the One that are the Worker of our salvation! He would never have uttered the words in Matthew 5:48, if He was not going to be faithful and do exactly that with all whom He pleases to do so! And let me assure you He is faithful He will do it! But that is another study!
The one we are closing now, is that we should look at Jesus, and know, that the Father looks, acts and talks exactly like Jesus, because they are ONE! If any person say that God sent Isra.. to kill the Amol.. then Jesus better do so as well. But if Jesus says… the devil is the murderer from the beginning and his lust is to kill, then I believe God says exactly the same! Jesus could have summoned twelve legions of powerful angels to come to his aide, but he did not! Matthew 26:53.
And that is where I will stop today. Look at Jesus Christ, God looks the same. Listen to Jesus Christ, God sounds and says the same! Believe Jesus Christ, He knows the Father! The Pharisee and Israelites still does not know Him! The moment they do, we have no more chance to get in!
May our Father in heaven unite us in the faith, so we will be of One accord and One Spirit! HIS!!! Amen!
I suspect there would be some questions after this, and I will answer them as best I can! I love Jesus, and He knows that! If I am not where He wants me to be today, remember who determines the grow-rate! I may sow the seed, Scribe may water, but God determines the growth! Thank the Lord for that!
We would prematurely do a lot of bad if it were up to us! Thank you for your friendship, and may God’s will be done in all of us! Amen!

Status
Not open for further replies.