KNOWLEDGE, UNDERSTANDING AND WISDOM

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
I was pondering knowledge, understanding and wisdom and I remembered the time in the Bible when Moses told the Israelites, "Today, I set before you life and death. Choose life." (paraphrased Deuteronomy 30:19)

This is what I learned......

Knowledge = information received - like data input - just raw data.

To know and be aware that life and death are available to me and I need to choose one.

Understanding = the output after the data has been processed by my mind - how I process information.

To understand life is good and death is bad and I need to make a choice.

Wisdom = knowing and understanding God's Will for me, choosing it and doing it because I love Him.

Choose life.

Sounds kinda like artificial intelligence? Computer brain with human emotions! LOL! :D

Prov910

Jan 10, 2017
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom,
and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. (Prov9:10)

abcdef

Mar 30, 2016
I was pondering knowledge, understanding and wisdom and I remembered the time in the Bible when Moses told the Israelites, "Today, I set before you life and death. Choose life." (paraphrased Deuteronomy 30:19)

This is what I learned......

Knowledge = information received - like data input - just raw data.

To know and be aware that life and death are available to me and I need to choose one.

Understanding = the output after the data has been processed by my mind - how I process information.

To understand life is good and death is bad and I need to make a choice.

Wisdom = knowing and understanding God's Will for me, choosing it and doing it because I love Him.

Choose life.

Sounds kinda like artificial intelligence? Computer brain with human emotions! LOL! :D
Hi Lafftur,

There are 2 kinds of knowledge, understanding, and wisdom, worldly wisdom and spiritual wisdom.

The worldly knowledge, understanding, and wisdom, pertains to the things of this temporal, material planet.

The spiritual knowledge, understanding, and wisdom centers around God and the eternal world, and leads to eternal life, through the truth of Jesus.

The spiritual wisdom is knowing how love works, how to avoid heartbreak, how to keep your love alive, your faith alive, in a world of pain. Think of God's laws as laws of love. Showing us how to love.

The love of God is deep and wide, the fountain of the living waters.

Knowledge of love, understanding of love, how it works, how to build love and trust.

Using love, applying love, in our lives, that leads to eternal life, that leads home to Jesus and the throne.

The wisdom of love, having the mind of Christ, the Holy Spirit, being eternally minded.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Hi Lafftur,

There are 2 kinds of knowledge, understanding, and wisdom, worldly wisdom and spiritual wisdom.

The worldly knowledge, understanding, and wisdom, pertains to the things of this temporal, material planet.

The spiritual knowledge, understanding, and wisdom centers around God and the eternal world, and leads to eternal life, through the truth of Jesus.

The spiritual wisdom is knowing how love works, how to avoid heartbreak, how to keep your love alive, your faith alive, in a world of pain. Think of God's laws as laws of love. Showing us how to love.

The love of God is deep and wide, the fountain of the living waters.

Knowledge of love, understanding of love, how it works, how to build love and trust.

Using love, applying love, in our lives, that leads to eternal life, that leads home to Jesus and the throne.

The wisdom of love, having the mind of Christ, the Holy Spirit, being eternally minded.
Great insight, thanks for sharing! There's no end to all the depths of what can be learned from God's scriptures! :)

OneFaith

Sep 5, 2016
Knowledge = facts

Wisdom = using those facts to create a desirable outcome.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Well I like to think of it this way, lets say one has knowledge of the scriptures they have the whole thing memorized, but understanding the scriptures they have such knowledge of a different story. The pharisees had knowledge of the scriptures but lacked understanding other wise they would have recognized Jesus for who and what he was. knowledge without understanding is useless but understanding leads to knowledge.

Wisdom is how one takes both of these things and applies them in the way they ought to. There are three main planes of insight and that is knowledge understanding and wisdom the first two are mainly about information like for instance the knowledge of the gospel is given to us and one with understanding takes the gospel and understands the meaning and purpose of it's life giving message and purpose however this is where the buck stops for many so called teachers and pastors because though they have the information they don't have the wisdom to apply it correctly.

I said on here a few days ago to a certain person here on cc that a message is only as powerful as it is delivered and this is true in this manner as well. We have the knowledge of the gospel and of the kingdom of God and not all of us have the understanding of it but even fewer have the wisdom as to how to apply it.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Here's my definition of Godly Wisdom:

The ability to know, understand, recognize, desire, love, choose and do the perfect Will of the Father because ANYTHING outside of His Will is utter and complete foolishness, even if it seems wise to the natural man.

Simply said, Wisdom = doing the Father's Will. :)

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
According to many, those things have ceased. Thus we are now ignorant, confused and unwise :)

But I like your analogy... Knowledge is data, understanding is knowing what that data means, and wisdom is the proper application of that data!

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Proverbs has not changed.

The concept of God give me without effort wisdom is never taught in the bible.

Pr 25:2 It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

R

ruach

Proverbs has not changed.

The concept of God give me without effort wisdom is never taught in the bible.

Pr 25:2 It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
James 1:5-

[SUP]5 [/SUP]But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
James 1:5-

[SUP]5 [/SUP]But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him.
For most it's sitting on their lap and all they need to do is read it with an open heart. His Holy Spirit is always eager to teach and lead in paths of righteousness.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

R

ruach

For most it's sitting on their lap and all they need to do is read it with an open heart. His Holy Spirit is always eager to teach and lead in paths of righteousness.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
I do not disagree. Part of learning wisdom is learning to know when the Holy Spirit speaks to you even when you are not in the word and then obeying what he says to do.