Knowledge Wisdom & Understanding

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shad

Prov 4:5-7

5 Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth.
6 Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee.
7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

Knowledge is the doctrine, instruction and precepts that we learn through the word of God.
Wisdom is the application of that knowledge.
Understanding is what God gives us when we walk in wisdom

God wants us to study doctrine and every aspect of the word of God. We are to hide it in our heart, meditate on it precepts, eat it daily as manna from heaven and let it dwell richly in our heart. Making ourselves available to hear the word taught and preached is the most important method of receiving God's word, because that is how God teaches us His word through humility and how we receive with meekness the engrafted word / Jm 1:21-25.

21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I agree with all that you have said. I want to add though, that God Our Father can put his word, his wisdom apon the heart as well.
I have a terrible time memorizing anything.
It took me three years to memorize the 23rd psalm, and I still forget a verse or two.
I give the fact that I have been able to memorize it, to God Our Father because I begged his help.
I read the scriptures but it is hit and miss on recall.
But his word is always there when I need or he wants it there.
And there are many times when I knew his word before I had read it.
I only shared this so that those that struggle as I do will know that God Our Father will not fail you.
All that is needed is provided by his will.
This does not mean you can skip reading.
God Our Father made that point to me, because his word is food for the soul.
His correction is humbleing, but loving.
But it is a word of hope for those that sometimes feel lacking in abuility.
God Our Father keeps all his promises.
Thankyou for the post shad.
God bless, pickles

S

shad

I agree with all that you have said. I want to add though, that God Our Father can put his word, his wisdom apon the heart as well.
I have a terrible time memorizing anything.
It took me three years to memorize the 23rd psalm, and I still forget a verse or two.
I give the fact that I have been able to memorize it, to God Our Father because I begged his help.
I read the scriptures but it is hit and miss on recall.
But his word is always there when I need or he wants it there.
And there are many times when I knew his word before I had read it.
I only shared this so that those that struggle as I do will know that God Our Father will not fail you.
All that is needed is provided by his will.
This does not mean you can skip reading.
God Our Father made that point to me, because his word is food for the soul.
His correction is humbleing, but loving.
But it is a word of hope for those that sometimes feel lacking in abuility.
God Our Father keeps all his promises.
Thankyou for the post shad.
God bless, pickles
Your a very sweet Christian with a heart that loves God very much. Having knowledge of God's word and doctrine does not have to be memorized. If you can memorize, that is a plus. But listening and hearing the word of God is all that God requires. The most important thing is how we hear and what we hear and Jesus makes reference to this in...

Mk 4:23,24 ~If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.
24 And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more be given.

Luke 11:28 ~ But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

Mt 7:24-29 ~ Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
28 And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:
29 For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes

Heb2:1 ~ Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip.

Seven times in the book of Revelation we are exhorted to 'let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches'.

Mt 13:13-16 ~ Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

Gal 3:5 ~ He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

After reading and hearing what these verses have to say, you can't help but realize the importance that God has put upon hearing. When we apply the scriptures and what they are saying, God takes what came into the ear and writes it upon the tables of the heart. There in the heart he word of God dwells richly / Col 3:16 and the Holy Spirit it back to our remembrance when it is needed / Jn14:26...

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

G

greatkraw

yeah Shad,

someone needs to give us a thread on manna

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
The ear that Jesus is talking about, and the ear that the Lord is speaking of in Revelations, is the ear that is in the heart, the ear that is opened when the Spirit comes into the life of the believer. It should be noted that Jesus said that His sheep would hear His voice. And since He is not here in the flesh, we hear His voice by His Spirit.

Mar 11, 2009
Prov 4:5-7

5 Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth.
6 Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee.
7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

Knowledge is the doctrine, instruction and precepts that we learn through the word of God.
Wisdom is the application of that knowledge.
Understanding is what God gives us when we walk in wisdom

God wants us to study doctrine and every aspect of the word of God. We are to hide it in our heart, meditate on it precepts, eat it daily as manna from heaven and let it dwell richly in our heart. Making ourselves available to hear the word taught and preached is the most important method of receiving God's word, because that is how God teaches us His word through humility and how we receive with meekness the engrafted word / Jm 1:21-25.

21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
Peace be to you
Amen;We are so lucky

Love a friend in God

May 21, 2009
Praying for Gods wisdom and thoughts is very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.