Laodicea

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jeff325

Do you think that we are in the age of the church of Laodicea?

L

lil-rush

is that one of the churches in Revelations?

G

glenwood74

I think we are a abandoned tub of lukewarm bath water. I pray the Lord heats us back up to a boil, but I'm afraid many will be spewed out of His mouth.

Jan 8, 2009
In the west, yes, in other parts of the world, no.

G

greatkraw

Rev 3:14"And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write: `These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God:
15I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot; I would thou wert cold or hot.
16So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew thee out of My mouth.
17Because thou sayest, "I am rich and increased with goods and have need of nothing," and knowest not that thou art wretched and miserable, and poor and blind and naked,
18I counsel thee to buy from Me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich, and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed and that the shame of thy nakedness may not appear, and anoint thine eyes with eye salve, that thou mayest see.
19As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
20Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If any man hear My voice and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with Me.
21To him that overcometh, will I grant to sit with Me on My throne, even as I also overcame and am set down with My Father on His throne.
22He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches

Beware any church which says - We are rich - we are a great success - people watch us on cable all over the world and buy our music:D

Feb 3, 2010
Do you think that we are in the age of the church of Laodicea?

Nope. Christianity contains the traits of all the Churches of Revelation. 7 is the number used to communicate 'complete'

Believing in Church ages is a recent doctrine developed by Darby in the 19th century.

G

greatkraw

Nope. Christianity contains the traits of all the Churches of Revelation. 7 is the number used to communicate 'complete'

Believing in Church ages is a recent doctrine developed by Darby in the 19th century.
And the Lord Jesus Christ in Rev 2 & 3

C

charisenexcelcis

I think that may be a good description of many of the churches in the west, but not all. In addition, the heart of the church is no longer in the west, but in Latin America, Africa, and Asia. I think that at any time you could find churches that matched any of the descriptions of the seven churches.

G

greatkraw

I think that may be a good description of many of the churches in the west, but not all. In addition, the heart of the church is no longer in the west, but in Latin America, Africa, and Asia. I think that at any time you could find churches that matched any of the descriptions of the seven churches.
certainly the last 4

J

jeff325

My belief is that 7 is symbol of completion, and that The 7 letters are a time table of the overall condition of the church (the body of Christ). Though out the last 2000 years. the church is not always a building or a certain denomination. The church in this sense is the body of Christ.
Candlestick/the church (rev 1:20)
The church/ the bride (matt.25:1-13)
The bride/ the saved (acts 2:1-47)
The saved/ the body of CHRIST (1 cor. 12)

J

jeff325

Oh ya 1 more thing, I believe that the letters is a 3 prong message.
1. they were of coarse letters to the literal 7 churches.
2. they messages to individual christians through there walk with God.
3. they reveal the state of 'the church' through the ages.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
Oh ya 1 more thing, I believe that the letters is a 3 prong message.
1. they were of coarse letters to the literal 7 churches.
2. they messages to individual christians through there walk with God.
3. they reveal the state of 'the church' through the ages.

Whether this is the last church age, it a time when there is more knowledge of the word, and less relationship with the Lord, than at any other time.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
It is also a time of seeking God not for Himself, but for what He can give to us.

I believe that God gives us gifts primarily so we can walk closer to Him, not so we can be rich, or more comfortable, or well liked, or protected from trouble or tribulation.

J

jeff325

I believe that you are right.