Let us consider the numder 1

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

Yosef

The Lord is one.

We should imitate him in some ways, but only the Lord judges. Is that not correct?

Also, I do not entirely understand the Lord, so it is impossible for me to completely imitate him, anyway, isn’t it? What I can do is try my best to do his will.
Correct my friend.

That is all we can do.

Y

Yosef

1 is the being of the numder system, just as God is the Being of all thing.... ect
A typo, "being" I meant beginning of.... ect

Sorry

Y

Yosef

We are not to judge, I don’t think. That is for the Lord, and the Lord alone.

Judge not, that you be not judged. Matthew 7:1 RSV
We are not to judged the righteusness or salvation of others. But in some things we are to judge. Like, "is that good or dad?" Or, "you should not do that, you might get in trouble" Ect.

Oct 23, 2009
We are not to judged the righteusness or salvation of others. But in some things we are to judge. Like, "is that good or dad?" Or, "you should not do that, you might get in trouble" Ect.
We also have judges who judge court cases.

If I make a habit of passing judgment on people, people will be motivated to pass judgment on me, rather than be tolerant of my shortcomings, I think.

Jan 8, 2009
I just want to point out, that 1 can be divided, that's how you get halves etc. Ooops, back to the drawing board with your logic.

Y

Yosef

I just want to point out, that 1 can be divided, that's how you get halves etc. Ooops, back to the drawing board with your logic.
If, 1 can be broken down into fractions, it is not really One at all; it has now become 1 through 100%. And, even if you look at it in this way; count backward from 100. What do you end up with? One

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2009
If you keep counting backwards you get into negative number range.
If you multiply 1 by anything it is no longer 1.
As I said, 1 is divisible, that's how we get fractions.

If you used inf. to represent God, that would give you the maths that you want. inf divided by anything is still inf. inf times inf is still inf. Inf is indivisible. Inf. , not being a number, and being a concept associated with limits, best represents the incomprehensible nature of God I would think.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2009
The number 1 best represents a human. Let a human be 1. Human death is represented by 1 divided by anything. Humanity as a whole is represented by 1 times a number, so three humans is 3*1 = 3. Divide any number of humans by another human, you still have a human.

G

greatkraw

If you keep counting backwards you get into negative number range.
If you multiply 1 by anything it is no longer 1.
As I said, 1 is divisible, that's how we get fractions.

If you used inf. to represent God, that would give you the maths that you want. inf divided by anything is still inf. inf times inf is still inf. Inf is indivisible. Inf. , not being a number, and being a concept associated with limits, best represents the incomprehensible nature of God I would think.
not bad snail

Y

Yosef

Divide 1 by itself and it stell remains 1.

Multiply 1 by itself and it is still 1, and unchanged.
God is One and there is none besides Him.

God is positive, becaus He does exist. To be a negative would mean He did not exist.
Q: How much money do you have in the bank when you are negative $20?

Negative numbers are just that, negative; nothing. Negative is lacking, and we know God is not laking.

Between negative and positive existence is One, bridging the gap, bringing all things into existence.
Ex: 0-1+1=2 and so on.

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. (Gen.1)
Q: Did the heavens and the earth exist before God created them?

God brought forth the Universe from a negative existence to a positive existence, from nothing to something; and it all started with One.

Now, God created humankind in His own image;... (Gen.1:27)

God has made a reflection or duplicate of His own image. 1+1

Then ADONAI, God, formed a person [Hebrew: adam] from the dust of the ground [Hebrew: adamah] and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, so that he became a living being. (Gen.2:7)

1+1=2

Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, along with everything in them. (Gen.2:1)

Now we co-exsit with God.

1+ everything created.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2009
God is positive, becaus He does exist. To be a negative would mean He did not exist.
Q: How much money do you have in the bank when you are negative $20?
The negative numbers are more like the anti-God, i.e. satan. If God is 1, satan is -1.
If you have negative $20 you have negative $20 in the bank. If you look at a balance sheet it has negative numbers on it.

Ex: 0-1+1=2
umm, 0 - 1+1 = 0. LOL.

Between negative and positive existence is One, bridging the gap, bringing all things into existence.
Between negative and positive is the number 0 not one.

Negative numbers are just that, negative; nothing. Negative is lacking, and we know God is not laking.
Negative does not mean nothing. Negative means negative, i.e. the opposite of positive. If God is positive (good), then satan is negative (evil).

Last edited:
A

Ash_JFF

I think the best number to describe God is pie (3.14...) because it goes on forever. Yes, it can be divided but all number can, even 0/0=0. Lets forget about division.

G

greatkraw

pi can be found in the text of the old testament

G

greatkraw

pi can be found in the text of the old testament
Pi" and More in Torah
The Bible and the Value of "PI"
Does the Bible contain a mathematical error? Not at all!

Biblical Value of Pi
1.0471698, which multiplied by 3 is pi. "1047" in the Old Testament lexicon can be transliterated as "pi." Hence, "house of pi." Indeed, truth is stranger than fiction.

piA.jpg

In describing the temple that King Solomon built for the King of Kings, several articles of furniture are described. One of these pieces is “a molten sea.” II Chronicles 4:2 reads thus, “Also he made a molten sea of ten cubits from brim to brim, round in compass, and five cubits the height thereof; and a line of thirty cubits did compass it round about.” A supposed discrepancy has arisen from this passage concerning the mathematical accuracy of the Bible. The value of π (pi) is known to be equal to the circumference of a circle divided by its diameter,

The aforementioned scripture states that the molten sea was “ten cubits from brim to brim” and “a line of thirty cubits did compass it round about;” thus, its diameter was 10 cubits, and its circumference 30 cubits. Dividing this circumference of 30 by a diameter of 10 gives a value of exactly 3. This is where the questions arise. It is commonly known that the value of π is approximately 3.14159265358979. In fact, this value has been proven so exactly, that its value is known to hundreds of thousands of digits.

Why then does the Bible appear to give the value of π to be 3? A diameter of 10 cubits should yield a circle having a circumference of more that 31.4 cubits--not 30 cubits. Is the Bible just rounding things off? Are the Biblical values just approximate and not really exact? If we see here that the scripture is not exact, what other passages also contain words that cannot be received with complete accuracy?

1 Kings 7:26 It [the above mentioned metal pool] was a handbreadth in thickness, and its rim was like the rim of a cup, like a lily blossom. It held two thousand baths.

If the diameter of this bowl was 10 cubits, then the circumference should have been 31.415926 cubits, and not just 30 cubits! Any math student will tell you that the circumference of a circle is found by taking the diameter times Pi (3.14159265358979...), is commonly approximated by 22/7 if great accuracy is not needed. Is this an error? Think again. The answer is so simple!

The diameter of 10 cubits is from outer rim to outer rim, the way anyone would measure a circular object. The circumference of 30 cubits, however, was of the inner circle, after subtracting the thickness of the brass (two handbreadths—one for each side) from which the bowl was made. This would be the number needed to calculate the volume of water.

piB.jpg

Let's compare our calculated value of 3.1414 to the real value of "pi", which is 3.1415927. Actually, the parameters given in 1 Kings 7:23-26 gives a direct value for "pi" that is within 2 parts in 10,000, which is fairly accurate. Since the outside diameter of the sea is 10 cubits, what is the inside diameter?

inside diameter = circumference / pi = 30 / 3.1415927 = 9.5493 cubits

And, since the inside circumference is 30 cubits, what is the outside circumference?

outside circumference = diameter x pi = 10 x 3.1415927 = 31.4159 cubits.

God makes no mistakes, mathematical or otherwise. The Scriptures do not contain error. By the way, Solomon built this sea in 1000 B.C., long before the Greeks rediscovered Pi (p). We may not understand some things at first glance, but the problem is with us, not with the Bible.

Ancient standards of measure vary widely, a cubit is generally taken to be about 18 inches, although there are different types of cubits ("common" and "royal", varying from 17 to 22 inches). A handbreadth is taken to be about 3 inches, sometimes being defined as one-sixth of a cubit.

piC.jpg

piD.jpg

The difference between 3 x 111/106 and PI is 0.0000832 which is only an error of 0.00026%.
It is interesting to compare the "Solomonic" approximation of PI with the approximations used by the Babylonians and Egyptians.

PI = 3.1415926... Error

Babylon :3 1/8 = 25/8 = 3.125 0.0165926
Egypt : 3 13/81 = 256/81 = 3.16049382... 0.0189012
"Solomon": 333/106 = 3.14150943... 0.0000832

Jan 8, 2009
Yes they needed the value of pi also to work out the circumference of the flat earth.

G

Graybeard

I fully agree with Yosef that we should strive to be imitators of Christ, as for the numbers thing.....I agree also that God is the author of mathematics...after all, that's how He created all things!

Yes they needed the value of pi also to work out the circumference of the flat earth.
LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.