Let's play Bible Trivia!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
What did the Captain of the Lord’s Army tell Joshua when Joshua asked, “Whose side are you on?”
Joshua 5:14 And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the Lord am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my Lord unto his servant?
15 And the captain of the Lord's host said unto Joshua, Loose thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place whereon thou standest is holy. And Joshua did so.
Correct, Moses_Young!

I think about this often when I'm caught in the middle of two people arguing..... I'm on neither side because I am on the Lord's side, amen! It helps me keep the right perspective. :love:(y)

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Just prior to the keeping of the Passover (and prior to Joshua meeting the Captain of Lord's Army), what inspired the name of the Israelites' camping place Gilgal?

a) A fine Jewish lady known to Joshua, by the name of Gilgal
b) The Israelites gathered many delicious gilgals at this place, to eat and to store as sustenance for the journey ahead
c) The name of the place was actually Jiljal, but the Israelites found this hard to pronounce correctly as their alphabet didn't include a "j", so they named the place Gilgal
d) The Lord said unto Joshua, This day have I rolled away the reproach of Egypt from off you [and gilgal means "to roll"]
e) It was at this place the Israelites first learned how to wear yarmulkes correctly
Another great question! Oh goodness, these multiple choice answers are hilarious!!! :LOL::ROFL::giggle:

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Okay, okay..... I'm trying to stop laughing so I can answer your question! lol! :giggle:

Just prior to the keeping of the Passover (and prior to Joshua meeting the Captain of Lord's Army), what inspired the name of the Israelites' camping place Gilgal?

a) A fine Jewish lady known to Joshua, by the name of Gilgal
b) The Israelites gathered many delicious gilgals at this place, to eat and to store as sustenance for the journey ahead
c) The name of the place was actually Jiljal, but the Israelites found this hard to pronounce correctly as their alphabet didn't include a "j", so they named the place Gilgal
d) The Lord said unto Joshua, This day have I rolled away the reproach of Egypt from off you [and gilgal means "to roll"]
e) It was at this place the Israelites first learned how to wear yarmulkes correctly
I choose "d." :D

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Okay, okay..... I'm trying to stop laughing so I can answer your question! lol! :giggle:

I choose "d." :D
The correct answer is d. :)

Joshua 5:9 And the Lord said unto Joshua, This day have I rolled away the reproach of Egypt from off you. Wherefore the name of the place is called Gilgal unto this day.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
What was Nehemiah's job in Susa and what in Judah?

Bonus round...

How did Nehemiah distinguish himself from the other Isrealites?

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Why did Nehemiah rebuke the nobles and rulers?

a) Their wives were gossiping against the wives of the poorer Israelites, whose clothes were but camel hair and straw.
b) Their sons were drinking much wine and making merry, whilst the workers did sweat under the labour of the wall in the dry heat of the desert.
c) They had harkened unto the words of Tobiah the Ammonite, who had said “Whatever they build, if even a fox goes up on it, he will break down their stone wall.”
d) They were exacting usury from their fellow Israelites, so much so that their fellow Israelites were selling their sons and daughters into slavery to afford to eat.
e) Some had sold their daughters as concubines to the uncircumcised Philistines, in exchange for the mercenary protection offered by the shameful Philistine king, Gath.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Well yes but let me post the verses...

Moreover, from the time that I was appointed to be their governor in the land of Judah, from the twentieth year to the thirty-second year of Artaxerxes the king, twelve years, neither I nor my brothers ate the food allowance of the governor. The former governors who were before me laid heavy burdens on the people and took from them for their daily ration forty shekels of silver. Even their servants Lorded it over the people. But I did not do so, because of the fear of God. I also persevered in the work on this wall, and we acquired no land, and all my servants were gathered there for the work. Moreover, there were at my table 150 men, Jews and officials, besides those who came to us from the nations that were around us. Now what was prepared at my expense for each day was one ox and six choice sheep and birds, and every ten days all kinds of wine in abundance. Yet for all this I did not demand the food allowance of the governor, because the service was too heavy on this people. Remember for my good, O my God, all that I have done for this people.
Nehemiah 5:14‭-‬19 ESV

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Well yes but let me post the verses...

Moreover, from the time that I was appointed to be their governor in the land of Judah, from the twentieth year to the thirty-second year of Artaxerxes the king, twelve years, neither I nor my brothers ate the food allowance of the governor. The former governors who were before me laid heavy burdens on the people and took from them for their daily ration forty shekels of silver. Even their servants Lorded it over the people. But I did not do so, because of the fear of God. I also persevered in the work on this wall, and we acquired no land, and all my servants were gathered there for the work. Moreover, there were at my table 150 men, Jews and officials, besides those who came to us from the nations that were around us. Now what was prepared at my expense for each day was one ox and six choice sheep and birds, and every ten days all kinds of wine in abundance. Yet for all this I did not demand the food allowance of the governor, because the service was too heavy on this people. Remember for my good, O my God, all that I have done for this people.
Nehemiah 5:14‭-‬19 ESV
Ah, thank you! I was thinking that building a wall was that which distinguishes Trump from other great presidents, so presumed that would be what distinguished Nehemiah from the other Israelites. :)

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Why did Nehemiah rebuke the nobles and rulers?

a) Their wives were gossiping against the wives of the poorer Israelites, whose clothes were but camel hair and straw.
b) Their sons were drinking much wine and making merry, whilst the workers did sweat under the labour of the wall in the dry heat of the desert.
c) They had harkened unto the words of Tobiah the Ammonite, who had said “Whatever they build, if even a fox goes up on it, he will break down their stone wall.”
d) They were exacting usury from their fellow Israelites, so much so that their fellow Israelites were selling their sons and daughters into slavery to afford to eat.
e) Some had sold their daughters as concubines to the uncircumcised Philistines, in exchange for the mercenary protection offered by the shameful Philistine king, Gath.
D

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Who said this...

Thus they answered us, saying, ‘We are the servants of the God of heaven and earth and are rebuilding the temple that was built many years ago, which a great king of Israel built and finished.

And to whom or who were they answering?

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Who said this...

Thus they answered us, saying, ‘We are the servants of the God of heaven and earth and are rebuilding the temple that was built many years ago, which a great king of Israel built and finished.

And to whom or who were they answering?
Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel and Jeshua the son of Jozadak answered Tatnai governor on this side the river and Shetharboznai and their companions.

Ezra 5:2 - 3
Then rose up Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, and Jeshua the son of Jozadak, and began to build the house of God which is at Jerusalem: and with them were the prophets of God helping them.

At the same time came to them Tatnai, governor on this side the river, and Shetharboznai and their companions, and said thus unto them, Who hath commanded you to build this house, and to make up this wall?

What did Darius order to happen to anyone who altered his edict?

A) Let timber be pulled down from his house.
B) Let him be hanged.
C) Let his house be made a dunghill, and all of the above.
D) Let him be whipped with the whips of the Chaldeans, reserved only for the war elephants, and all of the above.
E) Let an effigy be made of him, and let pins be inserted therein before casting the effigy thereof into the flame, and all of the above.
F) Let him be slapped on the wrist and fined a paltry amount, but basically, let off.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel and Jeshua the son of Jozadak answered Tatnai governor on this side the river and Shetharboznai and their companions.

Ezra 5:2 - 3
Then rose up Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, and Jeshua the son of Jozadak, and began to build the house of God which is at Jerusalem: and with them were the prophets of God helping them.

At the same time came to them Tatnai, governor on this side the river, and Shetharboznai and their companions, and said thus unto them, Who hath commanded you to build this house, and to make up this wall?

What did Darius order to happen to anyone who altered his edict?

A) Let timber be pulled down from his house.
B) Let him be hanged.
C) Let his house be made a dunghill, and all of the above.
D) Let him be whipped with the whips of the Chaldeans, reserved only for the war elephants, and all of the above.
E) Let an effigy be made of him, and let pins be inserted therein before casting the effigy thereof into the flame, and all of the above.
F) Let him be slapped on the wrist and fined a paltry amount, but basically, let off.
A

And I issued a decree that any man who violates this edict, a timber shall be drawn from his house and he shall be impaled on it and his house shall be made a refuse heap on account of this.
Ezra 6:11 NASB