LIBERALS DEMAND CONGRESS ACT NOW.......NO MORE PRAYERS

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
I don't think the population should be disarmed but I don't feel like I need an AK-47 go to McDonald's either
I've been to a couple over the years where I would have felt a lot more comfortable with one.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
People who walk around in public with assault rifles are just larpers trying to play army

E

Ellsworth1943

People who walk around in public with assault rifles are just larpers trying to play army
What is the definition of an assault rifle? Who makes that definition?

Huckleberry

Aug 25, 2013
What is the definition of an assault rifle? Who makes that definition?
An "assault rifle" is selective fire, I.e., can
be fired in either semi-auto or full auto mode.
No civilians are walking around in public with "assault rifles".

I do agree with Dude in that I think people who
open carry in public are posers and/or fools.
If a bad guy sees you open-carrying you likely become his prime target.

Jimbone

Aug 22, 2014

I agree but the whole idea of "less guns mean less shootings, the government can save us with more law" is first of all false, but even more than that it's just a distraction from the true problem and the solution, one every Christian should agree on, the wickedness of mans heart. This is just a symptom of the true problem, man's fallen heart. There is only 1 way to address the gun issue and every Christian should agree that answer is Jesus Christ, how in the world do we approach this problem? I say we do what Jesus told us to after He said it was finished and all authority in heaven and on earth had been given to Him, when He ascended and was seated (seated as in the work was done) to the right hand of the Father on high, before He left us says "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations...", for us to proclaim His victory and sovereign authority over us all.
The only way to address the true problem is to get to the heart of the problem, our broken hearts, the problem ONLY He can redeem, and the ONLY way to do that is with truth, who is "the Truth" again?.

Last edited:

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013

I dunno about becoming a target, except for someone wanting to steal your expensive ordinance.

If I was going to rob a convenience store, I would wait until that guy left. So it is deterrence. But I wouldn't be comfortable with armed strangers all over, especially with how adversarial people can be these days

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
I dunno about becoming a target, except for someone wanting to steal your expensive ordinance.
Interestingly enough, open carry is a great deterent since studies done of incarcerated criminals show that the greatest fear that they had was that one of their victims might be armed. Criminals are going to sidestep the person they know has a gun and move on to someone a little safer to victimize.

But I wouldn't be comfortable with armed strangers all over, especially with how adversarial people can be these days

[h=1]“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”[/h]
Robert A. Heinlein,

MarshallJohn

Nov 14, 2016
I think the real target is the 1st amendment and they can't get rid of that without first eliminating the second amendment.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
L.I.B.E.R.A.L. - League In Brotherhood Engaging Real Atheist Living

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
I think the real target is the 1st amendment and they can't get rid of that without first eliminating the second amendment.
It's all about power and control. An armed population that can freely exchange information and ideas, is a brick wall in the way af tyranny.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”

Robert A. Heinlein,

that's when most everyone's armed. so when you go to a public space & a few people, strangers, are publicly toting around deadly personal defense items ((because we're not talking about food-source hunting here, obviously)), do you get pressured into an arms race? is there the prevalent feeling that you need to also come there similarly ready to kill people, so that you can enjoy the same level of respect ((under the tacit threat of lethal force)) from others?

that's probably how N. Korea feels. that they need to sport nuclear missiles at the party too, so people will treat them the same way as the other guys.

parity

the antipole is socialized gun ownership. pass out a semi-automatic handgun with every SS card that gets issued, so everyone is on the same playing field.

Last edited:
S

Society

Interestingly enough, open carry is a great deterent since studies done of incarcerated criminals show that the greatest fear that they had was that one of their victims might be armed. Criminals are going to sidestep the person they know has a gun and move on to someone a little safer to victimize.

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”

Robert A. Heinlein,

What studies are they? Stanford did a study that showed carrying guns either open or concealed led to increased violence.

MichaelOwen

Nov 6, 2017
It doesn't matter what the left complains or gripes about, guns do not kill people, mad and lost people with guns kill people. It's simple as that. They will never have the 2nd amendment abolished so the argument is futile. We have had the right to bear arms for centuries now, and that will continue for many more. Some of these incidents could have been avoided, sure. But when you're trying to make it sound like it is MY fault for owning a gun, that you have no business pointing the finger when you have three pointing straight back at you.

Crustyone

Mar 15, 2015
, I'm not buying that theory.
I can play a GTA game all day long and I don't have a desire to go shoot people. Hollywood is just entertainment. No one who is it already insane watches a violent movie and has the impulse to go shoot people.
We used to be socially polite, until TV and movies depicted people doing what they would like to do, and it got to the point that many people thought that that was what we were suppose to do or allowed to do in society. If games are played long enough with enough different variations of violent scenarios, you will begin to find yourself thinking like the players. "Take out the bad guy with violence and all that bad stuff will stop". As you are still aware, it doesn't work that way, but you may find yourself going over to the "Dark side" in time.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Research the State of Florida's violent crimes numbers since they enacted carry rights. Try Texas as well..........For folks to believe that a bad guy would be more likely to commit a crime KNOWING that his victims were armed than he would if he knew they were forbidden by Law to be armed takes a certain kind of dumbness.........sorry, but it's true.

What studies are they? Stanford did a study that showed carrying guns either open or concealed led to increased violence.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
..........and IF the Clerk was armed? :)

If I was going to rob a convenience store, I would wait until that guy left. So it is deterrence. But I wouldn't be comfortable with armed strangers all over, especially with how adversarial people can be these days