Life discovered on Mars!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Sirk

Okay just kidding...but if they do discover some bacteria on Mars they will call it "life"...will they not? Interesting that they don't afford a baby in the womb the same classification.

V

Viligant_Warrior

Okay just kidding...but if they do discover some bacteria on Mars they will call it "life"...will they not?
Are bacteria not alive? I mean, I hate to be a nit-picker -- impossible, since there aren't any nits that I know of within miles of my house, not having been personally introduced to them -- but after all, bacteria are alive. And discovering them on Mars would be amazing, regardless of the fact they have the IQ of a ... well, a nit, if that.

Interesting that they don't afford a baby in the womb the same classification.
Now that is an excellent point. Well done. Shoulda just gone straight to that one, Sirk.

S

Sirk

Of course it is life...but the first point had to be made to illustrate the absurdity of the second....at least in my mind.

V

Viligant_Warrior

Of course it is life...but the first point had to be made to illustrate the absurdity of the second....at least in my mind.
Let's leave your mind out of this, shall we?

V

Viligant_Warrior

Why are you picking on me today? Lol
You make it too easy?

I don't know. I had an absolutely horrible week from midweek last week thru yesterday, and now, life is fantastic. So I celebrate with sarcasm.
As long as that beautiful woman laying her head on my shoulder doesn't feel its brunt, I'm good. How twisted is that?

(Be glad you aren't my client?)

Last edited:
S

Sirk

You make it too easy?

I don't know. I had an absolutely horrible week from midweek last week thru yesterday, and now, life is fantastic.So I celebrate with sarcasm.
As long as that beautiful woman laying her head on my shoulder doesn't feel its brunt, I'm good. How twisted is that?

(Be glad you aren't my client?)
Alright then. Take your negative energy out on me and give that sweet little wife of yours lots of love. :)

Dec 12, 2013
Okay just kidding...but if they do discover some bacteria on Mars they will call it "life"...will they not? Interesting that they don't afford a baby in the womb the same classification.
I personally think the hundreds of billions, possibly trillions that have been spent on such trivial pursuits could have, yeah should have been spent on better things...and I agree with your view on babies in the womb!

V

Viligant_Warrior

I personally think the hundreds of billions, possibly trillions that have been spent on such trivial pursuits could have, yeah should have been spent on better things...
The total funds spent on space exploration -- such expenditure having required the development of technologies that have contributed mightily to medical, electronic, even simple household advancements as to boggle the mind -- have amounted to less than one fifth of one percent of what has been spent in the same time frame on the bottomless pit of welfare and other entitlements.

... and I agree with your view on babies in the womb!
So do I. But we can hold to the advantages of supporting both ends of the funding spectrum.

M

Mitspa

I personally think the hundreds of billions, possibly trillions that have been spent on such trivial pursuits could have, yeah should have been spent on better things...and I agree with your view on babies in the womb!
Yea these clowns are desperate to justify the money the folks have spent to keep them in a job. Its nothing more than these folks trying to see what they want to see in my opinion.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
Yea these clowns are desperate to justify the money the folks have spent to keep them in a job. Its nothing more than these folks trying to see what they want to see in my opinion.
Not to mention their continuing efforts to prove evolution and their underlying efforts to discredit God as the creator of life.

M

Mitspa

Not to mention their continuing efforts to prove evolution and their underlying efforts to discredit God as the creator of life.
Yea they found out that folks catch them in their lies too easy here on the earth, so they had to go somewhere they think they can get away them :)

V

Viligant_Warrior

Forgive me but I don't see how you listed the 'advantages' of 'supporting both ends of the funding spectrum' in your post.
The total funds spent on space exploration -- such expenditure having required the development of technologies that have contributed mightily to medical, electronic, even simple household advancements as to boggle the mind -- have amounted to less than one fifth of one percent of what has been spent in the same time frame on the bottomless pit of welfare and other entitlements.
Highlighted for your convenience.

Life is good, I tell ya.

S

Sirk

Highlighted for your convenience.

Life is good, I tell ya.
I still see no advantages to funding entitlements and welfare. From your post it sounds like you are saying it is important to fund them equally? Is that what you are saying?

V

Viligant_Warrior

I still see no advantages to funding entitlements and welfare. From your post it sounds like you are saying it is important to fund them equally? Is that what you are saying?

I'm talking about funding space exploration, not welfare and entitlements.

Where in the world did you get that impression? Here, let me clarify (though I'm not sure why it is necessary ...

The total funds spent on space exploration ... [deleting "aside" comment] ... have amounted to less than one fifth of one percent of what has been spent in the same time frame on the bottomless pit of welfare and other entitlements.

Last edited:
S

Sirk

I'm talking about funding space exploration, not welfare and entitlements.

Where in the world did you get that impression? Here, let me clarify (though I'm not sure why it is necessary ...

[/SIZE][/FONT]
So now you have to define what "both ends of the funding spectrum" means. Because you brought up space exploration and then the welfare state and then "both ends of the funding spectrum". I'm sorry but it stills confuses the heck out of me. Lol

Marcelo

Feb 4, 2016
Finally, scientists have found intriguing organic molecules on Mars
The finding has significant implications for whether life once existed on Mars.
ERIC BERGER - 6/7/2018, 3:00 PM

Enlarge / Since 2012, NASA's Curiosity rover has been trying to find organic molecules. Now, it has succeeded.
NASA
After more than four decades of searching for organic molecules on the surface of Mars, scientists have conclusively found them in mudstones on the lower slopes of Mount Sharp. A variety of organic compounds were discovered by NASA's Curiosity rover, which heated the Martian rocks to 500° Celsius to release the chemicals.
The finding is significant—for life to have ever existed on Mars there would almost certainly need to be organic molecules to get it started; they're the basic building blocks of life as we know it. And if life did get started, it would have left organic molecules behind. However the confirmation of organics on Mars raises more questions than it answers. Based upon the information scientists have gleaned so far, they cannot determine whether these organics were produced by life, delivered to the surface of Mars by meteorites, or are the byproduct of geological processes on Mars.

FURTHER READING
Indomitable Curiosity treks through mesas, captures Wild West-like images
The Viking landers reached the surface of Mars during the summer of 1976 amid some expectation that they might find evidence of past life, if not life itself. However, when Viking landers sampled the Martian soil they found no past life, nor did their gas chromatograph mass spectrometers find any organic molecules. Nada.