Local Weather Report

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I was just talking with a friend... she checked the weather in her area, and reported that there is no chance of Monday. Oh blessed week!

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Nice try, Dino.. nice but no cigar..lol

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
I was just talking with a friend... she checked the weather in her area, and reported that there is no chance of Monday. Oh blessed week!
Tomorrow is Labor Day here in America, most people have the day off. I love holiday Monday's.

M

Miri

What is labour day?

Suddenly I have this image of a maternity ward. Lol

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
Breaking News:

Due to the global warming impact of having a 5-day work week, the US has decided to permanently replace Mondays with a second Friday which will be officially known as 'Myday'.

You're welcome. :rolleyes:

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
What is labour day?

Suddenly I have this image of a maternity ward. Lol
Tomorrow it's Labour Day here in Canada also... a national holiday. Banks closed, government work places (like mine) closed, hospital offices closed, maternity wards open for business... as usual. ;)

M

Miri

Tomorrow it's Labour Day here in Canada also... a national holiday. Banks closed, government work places (like mine) closed, hospital offices closed, maternity wards open for business... as usual. ;)
oh I see, we call them bank holidays.

maybe you should call them labour not days. :D

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Monday is a terrible way to spend 1/7 of your life, so no chance of monday is good. But I bet that will make Tuesday all the worse when it gets here (probably sooner than usual if there's no monday).

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
It's a LIE! I had a Monday yesterday.

Although it wasn't really all that bad. We had little business AND we had too many workers because the boss was expecting heavy business. People got sent home early and I got a lot of side work done, like reorganizing the freezer after the new guy put the truck order up wrong, scrubbing the oven (something I do every week on Monday) and all the normal side jobs I always do when time permits.

But yeah, I still had a Monday. And since Monday is our payday I couldn't get my paycheck cashed at the bank. And the local supermarket that will usually cash it was low on money and unable to cash my paycheck. Doesn't that sound like a Monday to you? It sure felt like a Monday.

T

Tintin

Ah, good man! You spelt 'Labour' Day correctly. ;)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Yeah, cheque the spelling. ;)

U

Ultimatum77

Lol, I had to google that b/c never even heard/seen gaol the word but it says it's "common in Australia" lol so that explains it :)

U

Ultimatum77

They call it monday because that's the day most people are grumpy like monsters hence mon-day....(yea I totally made that up lol)

T

Tintin

Lol, I had to google that b/c never even heard/seen gaol the word but it says it's "common in Australia" lol so that explains it :)
It makes no sense, but yes, it's purely Australian. Most of us just use the usual spelling 'jail' though.

W

wwjd_kilden

Actually I think the Aussies stole it from the Brits way back. Many old classics refer to gaols. :)

In Norway days off are helligdager (holy days), be they holy or not :p

T

Tintin

Actually I think the Aussies stole it from the Brits way back. Many old classics refer to gaols. :)

In Norway days of are helligdager (holy days), be they holy or not :p
Haha! Oops. You're right!

Sonflower

Jan 30, 2016
I'm sure - whoever this friend is- she didn't mean to say no chance of Monday. I mean she is probably super smart, and capable. Maybe she was very tired or it was just wishful thinking, especially if Monday turned out to be a bad day for said friend. ;) I bet she has a great sense of humor...I think I would like to get to know her. Unfortunately, I also, had Monday yesterday. All day. It was really good until the end, then Monday did its thing and sucker punched me. At least now it's over. :)