• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
I was a Christian for 30 years. I had been involved in various types of ministries as a teen, and even considered becoming a youth pastor, then pastor, then evangelist.
So I have a pretty decent understanding of God and Jesus and the bible and all the things you're asking me about.
Hebrews 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Hebrews
6:4 For [it is] impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
6:5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put [him] to an open shame.
6:7 For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:
6:8 But that which beareth thorns and briers [is] rejected, and [is] nigh unto cursing; whose end [is] to be burned.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
What I believe? God has favorites and predestines them to be saved. Anyone else has no chance.
You are going to stand before the Lord one day, and hiding behind that Satanic sham ain't gonna work for ya.

John
3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Hebrews 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Hebrews
6:4 For [it is] impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put [him] to an open shame.
6:7 For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:
6:8 But that which beareth thorns and briers [is] rejected, and [is] nigh unto cursing; whose end [is] to be burned.
Pretty much a stereotypical Christian response. Talk to the person to know where they're coming from? No. Blast them with scriptures and make it as impersonal as possible. Check.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Pretty much a stereotypical Christian response. Talk to the person to know where they're coming from? No. Blast them with scriptures and make it as impersonal as possible. Check.
I know exactly and precisely where you are coming from. You are a dog that has returned to the vomit and a pig that has returned to the mud. It is the Son of God you must stand before, not I. I am finished with you.

Hebrews

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
I know exactly and precisely where you are coming from. You are a dog that has returned to the vomit and a pig that has returned to the mud. It is the Son of God you must stand before, not I. I am finished with you.

Hebrews
Condescending and arrogant. And scripture slamming. And Christians wonder why people are leaving the church.
And I can say it's people like you that aided in my decision to turn away. When you grow a heart let me know. Till then welcome to my ignore list.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Condescending and arrogant. And scripture slamming. And Christians wonder why people are leaving the church.
And I can say it's people like you that aided in my decision to turn away. When you grow a heart let me know. Till then welcome to my ignore list.
But I'm a non-Christian, which means I'm the enemy. But still interesting to see someone else so close. I've only met one other person here that close, in 8 years.[/QUOTE]

You're a non-Christian here in Christian Forums, what do you expect?... Christians to be cheering you along to your doom?. Is it a strange thing for people here to care about someone headed in the wrong direction (hell)? We aren't making this stuff up, we get it from the mouth of the Creator and we all have different ways of expressing this. I understand you have personal problems, just don't lash out at others to soothe your afflictions, that's not an approved option .To think anyone shares the Truth out of arrogance or haughtiness is futile. You should be terrified if someone doesn't care enough to reach out to you at all, then we would be in error.
This certainly explains your constant acrimonious responses in the Forums, but fyi, you can't bring down a true believer. We have that blessed assurance of an eternal home in a kingdom of unspeakable joy, Jesus provided for us. It is our mission to share, some will get it and some won't.

@bodysoulandspirit, my apology for the so-named 'derailment' of your Intro, I'll cool it now & back to you dear new member👏🙌😁

Mezame83

Mar 18, 2019

Hebrews

You only know Sub through brief interaction with him on here, you don’t know exactly where he’s at. I speak not only as a Christian who has looked beyond what the natural sees and through the heart of the Lord who loves Sub very much as he does the whole world but also as someone who has given Sub my time because he is worth my time, gotten to know him and who deeply cares for and loves him. I have sowed good seeds through many wonderful discussions about Jesus with Sub, which he has often initiated. My hope is that people would water those seeds but regardless of how others may treat Sub on this site, I will continue to show him respect as a fellow human being, and I will water those seeds sown through prayer and I know God will give the increase, in his timing.

I continue to pray for those you’ve asked me to pray for in the past and I know God will give the increase in them too.

As everyone here has most likely read, faith, hope and love remain, the greatest of these is love. 1 Cor 13:13. Love can include rebukes, I know that, but we also see Jesus nailed, hanging on the cross, arms stretched out as the ultimate sacrifice for the whole world, opening the door of salvation to everyone. Love sacrifices, love is forgiving, and God is love. To just focus on the judgement of God is to leave out a very big part of God’s character that is, love. God’s goodness leads to repentance not quoting scriptures that pretty much suggest Sub is condemned to hell.

We all have our ups and downs and unfortunately some have more downs than ups. This can sometimes lead to our path being clouded and we take a different path we were once on. That absolutely doesn’t mean God is beyond forgiving and leading that person back to the original path. He can use people in this restoration, but he never requires us to kick someone when their down whilst saying God loves them, the actions don’t match the words.

Sub has been on the site for at least 10 years and doesn’t try to pull people away from God, and while he’s a straight shooter, he’s helped many people. How about we remember this before attacking him.

Bottom line is God sees the depths of Subs heart and he is the one we all will have to stand before and give account. Perhaps Sub will have changed his views then, perhaps he won’t but that is between God and Sub. All you’ve done is talk to Sub as if you’re somehow superior to him because you call yourself a Christian. You said you’re done with Sub and I hope this is true because you’ve done your part, you can move along now and leave Sub be, as I know one thing for sure, no one ever came to Jesus because he told them they were a dog returning to their vomit or a pig who has returned to the mud and thank goodness Jesus doesn’t look at us that way. I for one would be condemned to hell if that were the case. Think about how you would speak to non-Christians in your family and friend circle, would you speak to them like you did to Sub? I certainly hope not, and my hope is because you know these people and you know their struggles and know more of their stories, you would speak to them in a spirit of meekness and love. Why does Sub not deserve that same treatment?

oyster67

May 24, 2014
You only know Sub through brief interaction with him on here, you don’t know exactly where he’s at. I speak not only as a Christian who has looked beyond what the natural sees and through the heart of the Lord who loves Sub very much as he does the whole world but also as someone who has given Sub my time because he is worth my time, gotten to know him and who deeply cares for and loves him. I have sowed good seeds through many wonderful discussions about Jesus with Sub, which he has often initiated. My hope is that people would water those seeds but regardless of how others may treat Sub on this site, I will continue to show him respect as a fellow human being, and I will water those seeds sown through prayer and I know God will give the increase, in his timing.

I continue to pray for those you’ve asked me to pray for in the past and I know God will give the increase in them too.

As everyone here has most likely read, faith, hope and love remain, the greatest of these is love. 1 Cor 13:13. Love can include rebukes, I know that, but we also see Jesus nailed, hanging on the cross, arms stretched out as the ultimate sacrifice for the whole world, opening the door of salvation to everyone. Love sacrifices, love is forgiving, and God is love. To just focus on the judgement of God is to leave out a very big part of God’s character that is, love. God’s goodness leads to repentance not quoting scriptures that pretty much suggest Sub is condemned to hell.

We all have our ups and downs and unfortunately some have more downs than ups. This can sometimes lead to our path being clouded and we take a different path we were once on. That absolutely doesn’t mean God is beyond forgiving and leading that person back to the original path. He can use people in this restoration, but he never requires us to kick someone when their down whilst saying God loves them, the actions don’t match the words.

Sub has been on the site for at least 10 years and doesn’t try to pull people away from God, and while he’s a straight shooter, he’s helped many people. How about we remember this before attacking him.

Bottom line is God sees the depths of Subs heart and he is the one we all will have to stand before and give account. Perhaps Sub will have changed his views then, perhaps he won’t but that is between God and Sub. All you’ve done is talk to Sub as if you’re somehow superior to him because you call yourself a Christian. You said you’re done with Sub and I hope this is true because you’ve done your part, you can move along now and leave Sub be, as I know one thing for sure, no one ever came to Jesus because he told them they were a dog returning to their vomit or a pig who has returned to the mud and thank goodness Jesus doesn’t look at us that way. I for one would be condemned to hell if that were the case. Think about how you would speak to non-Christians in your family and friend circle, would you speak to them like you did to Sub? I certainly hope not, and my hope is because you know these people and you know their struggles and know more of their stories, you would speak to them in a spirit of meekness and love. Why does Sub not deserve that same treatment?
I still love you, but we have a calling. We are to warn people who have willfully rejected our Lord and Savior. Your sweet little ear tickling and back scratching amounts only to casting your pearls before swine. If you really loved him, you would have told him the truth long ago. Instead, you decide to paint Oyster black. I still love you and your family very much. Look forward to seeing you in Heaven someday.

Sub has been on the site for at least 10 years and doesn’t try to pull people away from God,
He has.

He has been very negative towards newcomers and blasphemed against his maker many times. It is clear who he serves. I love you, but you have painted a completely false picture of this ranting apostate you affectionately refer to as "Sub".

Again, I love you as a sister, but my allegiance and calling is to speak the truth as the Spirit leads. It doesn't always mean stepping on toes, but sometimes it does. Paint me black if you want to, but never dilute the Word of God.

Sep 8, 2021
You have so much anger, hatred & alot of negativity here. First place, if you aren't a Christian, why come on CC & slam those of us who are? Christ is real, best believe that cause if you don't, He will get your attention real quick, fast & in a hurry. You have a right to your opinion, but honestly?......Maybe, you are trying to find God instead of trying to put Him down. He is my Lord & Savior & without Him I would not be here right now. All you have to do is to talk to Him. That is what He does listen to us because He loves us so much that He sent His son Jesus to die for us on the cross to bear our sins for us & to me, that means something. I hope you have a great day.