Lost and trying to be found

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

KennethG1979

Nov 14, 2017
Hello I been to church ive red some of the bible and I like to go to church I was raised Baptist I've been drinking since I was 14 I'm 38 I'm trying to stop I want to be a better person it says if you con fess your sins to god then their forgiven I was raised in a broken home I'm not making excuses iv done bad things in my life and I'm sorry I've cheated on all my wife's if hit women out of anger I've been too prison i have got too the point that I have too drink every day and I don't won't too any more I love my wife and I love my children I'm truly sorry for what I've done in my past I won't too change I'm asking is it really possible for god too forgive me I hope so I pray every night for my children and family and too be forgiven sometimes I worried it to late it says in revaluations you will seek peace and comfort and not find it . and another thing has anyone wonders what there purpose is here on earth I do it is suppose to be spread gods word I'm not a bad person things get too me the news hatred, famine, murder,I no we have free will and the flesh is sin ,were the love for one another god gave us his only son and we crucified him I wonder why he would show us any mercy

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Hello I been to church ive red some of the bible and I like to go to church I was raised Baptist I've been drinking since I was 14 I'm 38 I'm trying to stop I want to be a better person it says if you con fess your sins to god then their forgiven I was raised in a broken home I'm not making excuses iv done bad things in my life and I'm sorry I've cheated on all my wife's if hit women out of anger I've been too prison i have got too the point that I have too drink every day and I don't won't too any more I love my wife and I love my children I'm truly sorry for what I've done in my past I won't too change I'm asking is it really possible for god too forgive me I hope so I pray every night for my children and family and too be forgiven sometimes I worried it to late it says in revaluations you will seek peace and comfort and not find it . and another thing has anyone wonders what there purpose is here on earth I do it is suppose to be spread gods word I'm not a bad person things get too me the news hatred, famine, murder,I no we have free will and the flesh is sin ,were the love for one another god gave us his only son and we crucified him I wonder why he would show us any mercy
You are forgiven when you repent and ask God for it. Brother, your problem is not forgiving yourself. There isn't one sin that is greater than another. And it's not really how many ways we have sinned, or how many times that makes us good or bad.

Its our human nature that is the problem Kenneth. We are sinful beings. The bible says all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. The glory is pure light of Godliness. No darkness. None of us have that bright shining light of purity. So we fall short just because we are human.

You have much to learn to understand all you need about the plan of salvation Kenneth. It takes time. Right now, just trust the Lord, that He has heard you....He has. And He is pleased that you want to be forgiven. You are.

Keep doing what you are doing. Make sure your church is teaching you about Jesus and not other things. And just believe Him.

He loves you.

S

Sweetmorningdew78

Yes! It is possible for you to be forgiven by the LORD...and you are doing it right bro...admitting what you have done and asking HIM to forgive you and brother you must believe that HE has forgiven you already and work on leaving sin behind and live a new life....

Why God showed us mercy despite our hardheadedness...
Because God loves you and me :) we don't deserve that love but GOD offered it to us freely. JESUS died for us. HE died for us because God wants us all to be saved to be reconciled with Himself.

Hi and welcome to CC :)

God bless you and your family ❤

Jan 9, 2016
The blood of Christ is enough Kenneth. Romans 5:8 “for while we were still sinners, Christ died for us” and Acts 3:19 “[FONT=&quot]Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out,[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot] that times of refreshing may come from the Lord,”
medditate on his word Kenneth. I too was in a very bad place and I felt my sins were so great that there was no way I could be forgiven. But our hearts take time heal from the damage we do to them. And staying in his word is the best way to heal them.
I’ll pray for you bud, feel free to PM me anytime if you have questions.[/FONT]

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
We are forgiven when we believe Jesus and trust in the Atonement Jesus secured for the forgivness of all our sin when he was executed on the cross..

God is not a human being.. So He does not think like a human being.. He desires all to be forgiven and saved and wants all people to trust in his message and in the Atonement of the LORD Jesus Christ.. But he will not force anyone to take His loving gift of forgiveness.. Jesus came in the flesh to give the Word of God and to die for you.. He willingly went to His death to pay the penalty for our sins..

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Hello Kenneth, welcome to CC! I hope you are able to find some helpful suggestions, support, encouragement, and inspiration here. We all suffer from the human condition, and all of creation fell as a result of the pride of life that led Adam and Eve to disobey God in desiring to do it their way instead of His... and we have all fallen short of God's glory since. Living by Godly principles is not easy when you are in living in rebellion against God.

Do you know that in Narcotics Anonymous, they tell us that we were actually creating our own problems due to our inability to accept personal responsibility? Regardless of what mind and mood altering substances you are using to escape the pain of life and make yourself feel better, you are on a path of slowly committing suicide, and need to decide (it sounds like you have :)) that you want to live, and you want to stop hurting, and you want to stop hurting others, as much as it is in your power to do so. Putting down the bottle is a good first step. Acknowledging you have a problem is a good first step. Asking for help is an indispensable first step.

Asking God for help was the beginning of my recovery journey in 1994. After twenty four years of drinking and drugging, I was sick and tired of being sick and tired, and I was in a lot of emotional pain as a result of the choices I was making in life. I had been looking for help for years before that, but until I put the substances down and started on the process of working the steps, trying to better understand myself, my life, and where I stood with God, nothing really changed. Some would say I received the gift of desperation. Some call it hitting bottom. The thing is, you have to want to change. Willingness is key.

I would suggest you start going to meetings. AA has meetings multiple times a day in pretty much every city all over the world. NA may also be helpful to you, but if you do not use other drugs (alcohol is a drug) then you should find lots of help in the rooms of AA. It is suggested for newcomers to go to ninety meetings in ninety days. With so many meetings to choose from, if you do not like one meeting it should be easy to find another you do like.

"The only way to keep from returning to active addiction is not to take that first drug. If you are like us you know that one is too many and a thousand never enough. We put great emphasis on this, for we know that when we use drugs in any form, or substitute one for another, we release our addiction all over again."

See if you can find the Big Book online. That s the AA basic text (Basic Text is also the name for the NA main book :))
. Start by reading chapter five, How it Works. Find people to read with you by going to meetings. It will help you immeasurably. God bless you!

J

joefizz

Welcome here you can discuss with bible smart people and possibly make new friends,hope you like it here!

Dec 28, 2016
KennethG1979,

Hi brother. I am sorry for your past sins and struggles, perhaps it is God working godly sorrow in you!

Here is what you need to know; Repent and believe the Gospel, that is first and foremost for all of us. Pray asking God's forgiveness and mercy on you for your sins, believing in Christ; Romans 10:13-17.

God's will for you at conversion is your ongoing sanctification; Hebrews 12:14, works that show repentance; note Romans 6:21, Romans 12:1-3. I pray God works in you as well, so take a look at this passage; Philippians 2:12-13.

Also, get into the Word of God, it is your source of revelation from God and your strength! 1 Peter 2:1-3.

Blessings.

blessedby1

Aug 15, 2017
Kenneth as others have noted, God has heard your call out to Him, He loves you, He wants to meet you where you are and He wants to help you overcome any addictions and any ungodliness you have in your life.
Our part, brother is to get close to Jesus, cling to Jesus and don’t let go. Each day spend time in prayer; each day spend time reading God’s Word. This is why.
Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
God’s Word is powerful it changes men’s hearts. Both your heart and my heart needs changing.
I encourage you to find a good Bible teaching church, and partake in a men’s Bible study. The men will prayer with you; pray over you and help you to be accountable...we all need those things.
Then spend time in God’s word everyday, why? Because it is so easy to drift away from our Lord and Savior. As a boat that is not tied to a dock will drift away...so will we, if we are not tied to God’s Word. You may want to read from the One Year Bible Online: http://bit.ly/2rtXeVo
At the website each day you will read a little bit of the Old Testament; read a little in the New Testament and read a little in Psalms and Proverbs. You Will Be Blessed!
Daily Stay in prayer by: giving thanks; reminding yourself who God is; and continue in daily confession.
You want to have endless hope rather than a hopeless end Jeremiah 33:3 helps us to have that hope. ‘Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.’
God Bless Kenneth

CoffeeGiggles

Nov 16, 2017
KennethG1979, yes, you can be forgiven and redeemed from all your sins! There isn't a sin that is unforgivable. It's all been paid for on the cross. We are all so undeserving of this and yet Jesus paid the ultimate price for us because He loves us. He loves you! Jesus wants our hearts and if we give Him our hearts, acknowledge that He is our Lord and Savior who died on the cross to save us from our sins...that is enough! And He wants us to walk with Him all the days of our lives. He wants us to come as we are but to become changed as we walk with Him as believers. Of course we are going to stumble along the way and Jesus knows this. He will walk with you your entire life and guide you, change you from the inside/out, and help you until your time on earth is done and you enter the Kingdom of Heaven with Him. Praying for you to find rest in Jesus as your Lord and Savior and to know that you are forgiven.

Last edited:

CoffeeGiggles

Nov 16, 2017
I couldn't have said it better myself, blessedby1. Great reply of encouragement!

RickWman

Oct 16, 2017
I'm sorry you are experiencing this. Sometimes ignorance or bad spiritual teaching can really mess someone up. If you have been born again, confessing with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe, trust in Him, you are saved. Once you are saved, you are a New Creature, and the old man has gone away. You have a new spirit, not a new soul or body. Once you know, believe and understand who you are in Christ; that the Holy Spirit lives in you, then He can live His life thru you. You have been forgiven of all of your sins; past, present and future. You need to renew your mind to this revelation of who you are now. Read the book of John then I'd advise finding a church that believes in grace and faith. I'll pray and stand with you that God will reveal himself to you thru the renewing of your mind and studying the Word of God, the Bible.

student

Jul 20, 2010

Look closely at the painting. Jesus knocks...but there's something missing...a door knob. He needs YOU to let Him in.
He comes in...when invited. So, invite him into your heart and let him show you how to change your life and turn everything around. He will. He loves you that much!

You are in my prayers. -student