Love is the bond of perfection

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aliciaforjesus

Col.3:12-14
Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved,
put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering;
bearing with one another,
and forgiving one another,
if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do.
But above all these things put on love,
which is the bond of perfection.

Mar 11, 2009
Peace be to you
MAth;
Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants.And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents.

But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made.The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.

Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest.

And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done.

Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:
Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?

And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

Love a friend in God

A

Aliciaforjesus

Many will come to the Lord and say,
Lord, Lord let me into Heaven please, for we went to church, and we fed the poor, and we gave our tithes.
But the Lord will say to them,
Go away, for I never knew you!

For you did not obey my command to love your neighbor as yourself!
You must be a doer of the word, faith without love is dead, and has no meaning!
For if you loved me, you would of loved others the way I loved you.

A

Aliciaforjesus

1 John 4:12

No one has seen God at any time.
If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us.

vs. 16 says
And we have known and believed the love that God has for us.
God is love,
and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.

vs.17
Love has been perfected among us in this:
that we may have boldness in the day of judgment;
because as He is so are we in this world.

vs.18
There is no fear in love;
but perfect love cast out fear, because fear involves torment.
But He who fears has not been made perfect in love.

vs.19
We love Him because He first loved us.

A

Aliciaforjesus

Col.3:8-11
But now you yourselves are to put off all these:
anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy language out of your mouth.
Do not lie to one another, since you have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man who is renewed in the knowledge according to the image of Him who created him, where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcised nor uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave nor free,
but Christ is all and all.

Eph.5:1-2
Therefore be imitators of God as dear children.
And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, and offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma.

1John4:7-8
Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God;
and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God,
He who does not love does not know God,
for God is love.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I just love scritpures on the love of God. Thankyou.
Love and Godbless, pickles

A

Aliciaforjesus

John 15:9-17

"As the Father loved Me,
I also have loved you;

abide in My love.

If you keep My commandments,
you will abide in My love,
just as I kept My Father's commandments and
abide in His love.

These things I have spoken to you,
that
My joy may be full.

This is my commandment, that
you love one another as I have loved you.

Greater love has no one than this,
than to lay down one's life for his friends.

You are my friends if you do whatever I command you. (love one another)

No longer do I call you servants,
for a servant does not know what his master is doing;
but
I have called you friends,
for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you.

You did not choose Me,
but
I choose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit,
and that your fruit should remain, that
whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you.

These things I command you, that you love one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.