Marriage problems (pregnant wife)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

Chuy24

We've been married for 4 years, we have a 3 yr old son. We decided we wanted to have another baby. With the pregnancy things got more tense, we had some problems but not like these. She decided to go stay with her mom and three weeks ago she broke up with me. I really hope its the hormones, I've been praying and asking god for direction. Anyone going thru the same situation, can i get some advise?

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
You describe the situation, but not the "problems." Hormones will make it worse, there is no doubt about that. But it sounds to me like a lot of basic issues have not been resolved.

What are the problems? Then we have a better idea how to advise, and offer Biblical thoughts on how to save your marriage.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Focus on the issues and not the hormones. Make sure the communication lines are open.

My husband tends to think that anytime we have problems it's my 'femaleness' that is the root cause. This only makes the conflict worse. All issues have two sides.

One thing that helped me was to read "Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus" (I think that's the title). Basically, the male and female minds work differently and it's helpful in a marriage to see the other's perspective. Many times offense is taken because of lack of understanding. Seek to understand what the other one is thinking and why.

Praying for you and your family...wisdom and discernment. The evil one seeks to destroy but God will deflect his arrows :).

A

Aqua_Girl09

If she went home to be with her mom then shes OBVIOUSLY been talking with her mom. Try talking with her mom and see what she has to see. If her mom sees that you're making a serious effort and want her to be with you and happy then she'll push her daughter back to you as well as help you figure out whats on her mind and maybe help you guys work things out. ^_^

santuzza

Feb 12, 2013
Bad advice, Aqua_Girl09 -- sorry, but the mom should be completely OUT of this conflict -- no matter WHAT it is. The mother could be the root of the problem!

K

keep_on_smiling

* Keep praying and seeking God

* Don't place blame on her

* Try to talk with her as much as possible. Pray that this communication can be opened up again. Don't wait until after the baby to try to figure things out.

* Seek out the reason for why she ended things