Marriages can be restored after infidelity

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

MollyConnor

I'm sorry about your marriage. But like BLB said, your husband or ex, not sure, can only change if he wants to. It doesn't look like he wants to. You did your part and tried the best you could, so it's not your fault. Remember, he chose to break the family once he cheated.

Also, I truly believe that once a cheater, always a cheater. So forget him! Work on yourself and know that God loves you dearly. You are His precious daughter and He wants all the best for you! It gets better with time. I've never been through it myself but I did see my mother go through it and she's a wonderful person who is able to love others as brothers and sisters despite what she's been through. Most importantly, she knows her worth comes from the Lord, not from others of this earth. I hope that you can do the same, dear sister.

Prayers for you and your family.

JennaLeanne

Dec 26, 2015
Hello my sister. Lots of opinions on here... Lots of wordy wisdom also, It's only the holy spirit that knows the truth.. I pray wisdom and healing in your heart now in jesus name. I pray you will see yourself as the beautiful gem you are, Blameless and precious. I pray that by the power of the holy spirit you would guard your heart from all things that would attack your identity.. I pray salvation for your husband I ask the Lord to open the eyes of his understanding, when we know the Lord we know that love is not a feeling that move up and down with. If we feel it we are good if we don't we are off... Nope, love is an action. We choose to commit to that person so we can love them.. I encourage you to use this alone time you have to seek the Lord with all your heart.. He is close to the broken hearted and thise with a contrite spirit. Bask in his presence today and trust that whatever happens he holds your life and has great plans for it. Love and hugs xxxxxx

Marcelo

Feb 4, 2016
I know in my situation, there is so little hope. My husband has used me as a door mat and repeatedly cheated and blames me for it. He flat out told me last night he hasn't loved me for a long time. So this post isn't about my situation but it is to offer hope to those who still have a salvageable marriage.

Cheating on a loving spouse is like breaking a crystal glass - only God can mend it. But there is hope! If God will not restore your marriage, He will give you something better (in either case you must have faith).

https://youtu.be/d5jwc5gHk6Y

https://youtu.be/KW9rg6CDZFE

https://youtu.be/8xNaerm5h8Y

One is a sermon and the other two are marriages restored after infidelity. I was watching these last night on YouTube and just broke down in prayer. I know I must either truly love my husband or have the lowest self esteem ever to always want to work it out with my husband. I plan to get counseling once I am able to afford it because I really believe I have a low self worth
Cheating on a loving spouse is like breaking a crystal glass - only God can mend it. But there is hope! If God will not restore your marriage, He will give you something better (in either case you must have faith).

Last edited: