MARY THE MOTHER OF GOD

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Scotth1960

Jesus is not a "created being" that is YOUR belief.
you repeat the Arian mistakes, so has the JW then converted you to their beliefs instead of you having shown the true Jesus to them?
since my words fall on deaf ears perhaps another's will get better reception and you can learn first Jesus and His divinity and then speak to JW instead of convert to their religion.

JESUS CHRIST IS NOT GOD

Dear AnandaHya,

Yes, Jesus Christ is LORD. The NT says so. The OT says, "The Lord said to my Lord, "Sit at My right hand, Until I make Your enemies the footstool of Your feet." Psalm 110:1 OSB Orthodox Study Bible Christ is God. "But to the Son He says: "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom. You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness: Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You With the oil of gladness more than Your companions." Hebrew 1:8-9 NKJV OSB
"that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." Philippians 2:10-11 NKJV OSB

JESUS CHRIST IS GOD.

He is GOD the Son. GOD is GOD the Father, GOD the Son, and GOD the Holy Spirit: these three persons are GOD. Yet there are not three gods, but One God Who is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit (Matt. 28:19).

In Erie PA Scott Harrington

John 20:17 - "I ascend to My Father and to your Father, My God and to your God." How can the Father be His God if Christ is God? How can God have a God.

Say "I believe that J esus is both God and man. Here he speaks in reference to His human nature. As a man the Father is His God - just as He is ours. He calls the Father His God because He is God whom he worships, prays to and need in His life just as we do."

This verse is a clear reference to the Hypostatic Union of Christ (He was fully God and man).

Rev. 3:14 - "These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the source of GodÕs creation."

Notice the text does not say Christ was created. The Greek word translated as "source" or "origin" is arche. It connotes "the eternal source of all that is."

In Revelation 21:16 Jehovah is called the "Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end...I shall be His God and He shall be my Son." But Jesus is called the "Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end" in Revelation 22:13. Ask the Witness how Jesus and Jehovah can be both the "Alpha and the Omega." Also ask if this means that Jehovah God had a &quo t;beginning," because arche is used to describe Him? Her arche means "the source of the creation of God because he is the creator of all things. John 1;1-3 says Jesus (the Word) created Òall things...and without Him was made nothin g that was made."

If Christ was created, He would have had to have created Himself, which is impossible.

By the way most of the world does not believe at all but only use prayers as a spell to fulfill their earthly desires instead of a method to learn of God's divine plan and will for their life. What does your God tell you to do with your life?

A

AnandaHya

scott? have I every stated anything different?

S

Scotth1960

scott? have I every stated anything different?
Dear AnandaHya, I did not say you said or taught anything whatsoever wrong. What is confusing sometimes is you quote some other people who you may say said something wrong, and sometimes I don't know whose opinion I am reading, and I am not sure who is teaching the error. I did not mean to imply or state falsely that you said anything incorrect. We both know and believe Mary is not divine, but we all know she is the Mother of Jesus. If Jesus of God, we need to say also she is the Mother of God, for if she is not, that implies Jesus is not God. The term Mother of God does not mean the mother of God the Father, or of God the Spirit, but of God the Son, Jesus Christ. That much is understood by people who know and confess the term Mother of God is not heretical or saying anything about the origin of the Father or the Holy Spirit. It's about God manifest in the flesh being born of a woman, the ever-virgin Mary. So, Mary is God the Son's Mother. Take care. God bless you. In Erie PA Scott R. Harrington

duewell

Mar 5, 2011
mary is the mother of Jesus the son of God. her faith was such that God chose her virgin flesh to be impregnated by his spirit. Jesus is the only begotten son of God. any child born is a part of their father. thus Jesus is man and God,born of a woman and God is his father. we are all born into sin because our parents are sinful. Jesus was not born into sin because his father is not sinful and his mother was a virgin. everyone though is born into a sinful world. Jesus lived a life in complete obediance to the jewish word of God. he remained sinless in a sinful world and was and will always be sinless. like his father.

Duewell

S

SantoSubito

Mother of Jesus who is the son of God (or his earthy form). Saying that Mary is the Mother of God can seem to some people as implying that Mary is above God.
Actually saying that Mary is just the Mother of Jesus seems to imply that Jesus is simply a man or Mary gave birth to only the human Jesus. Calling Mary the Mother of God affirms the fact that Christ was from the moment of his conception fully God and fully man. Thats why the First Council of Ephesus rejected the title Christotokos (Mother of Christ), and accepted Theotokos (Mother of God). For a brief overview of the council: First Council of Ephesus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One Mediator. Period.
But many intercessors.

Last edited:
K

kujo313

But many intercessors.
LIVING intercessors. Not those who WAS living and then died.

Jesus (remember that guy?) taught His disciples (are you one?) how to pray: to God in His Name. Paul taught that Jesus is forever interceding.

K

kujo313

Sounds to me that Jesus was a "Daddy's Boy" and not a "mommy's boy".

He taught all about HIM because HE is who we're trying to get to! HE, God, has a place for us.

S

SantoSubito

LIVING intercessors. Not those who WAS living and then died.

Jesus (remember that guy?) taught His disciples (are you one?) how to pray: to God in His Name. Paul taught that Jesus is forever interceding.
Honestly I've never seen one verse in the Bible that specifies that intercessors must be alive. However, it's irrelevant, because those who are in heaven are not dead, and are still very much a part of the body of Christ. By the way it's were living not was living.

K

kujo313

Honestly I've never seen one verse in the Bible that specifies that intercessors must be alive. However, it's irrelevant, because those who are in heaven are not dead, and are still very much a part of the body of Christ. By the way it's were living not was living.
Is Jesus STILL Jesus? Are we to have faith in Him or not? Aren't His words still true today or not? Did He not say to pray TO God in His Name?

Is Christ diminished? Is He divided?

Of course not!

His promises are still good today.

B

Broern

Mary is not even the mother of our Lord Jesus Christ. A child's mother is somebody with a father here on earth. Mary conceived and her womb was used by God and sent Jesus physically on this world. Jesus was already Jesus as with the Father and the Holy Spirit ever since. It will be more questionable if Jesus will just pop up and appear somewhere as a physical man. The Father sent Jesus on earth from Mary's womb which is normal. But Jesus started His ministry when He was 30 years and stayed for three years more on earth. He again left this earth not leaving His body but only His shed blood. This is amazing and awesome for me! Mary was just an instrument by God but not the mother of GOD.

G

girlaftergod

Can anyone imagine Mary wanting any praise or worship or such implied praise for giving birth to Jesus. Nor any saint.
As Christians we are to be humble to God and give all praise to him. For anyone to look at Mary or any Saint with such is disrespecting God and them. For all of them just want to do the will of God and have Him be praised and receive all the glory. Look at all of God's prophets etc. Are they not all humble not seeking the praise of man but looking for the will of God. And if they weren't does not God humble them. Please don't disrespect our Father in Heaven or them.

E

eternally-gratefull

Can anyone imagine Mary wanting any praise or worship or such implied praise for giving birth to Jesus. Nor any saint.
As Christians we are to be humble to God and give all praise to him. For anyone to look at Mary or any Saint with such is disrespecting God and them. For all of them just want to do the will of God and have Him be praised and receive all the glory. Look at all of God's prophets etc. Are they not all humble not seeking the praise of man but looking for the will of God. And if they weren't does not God humble them. Please don't disrespect our Father in Heaven or them.
Amen and Amen! Satan wants us to take our eyes of God, and do what the world does, which is hold up people and not him. Paul is a wonderful example of what you just said.

Mar 15, 2011
Actually Wake Up is correct. Even after Christ's ressurection he refers to His Father as 'My God'

John 20:17

And four times in Rev 3:12 Jesus refers to his Father as 'My God'
Good luck guys!!! In the last days more will follow the traditions & doctrines of men, than the Words of God

Mar 15, 2011
Why pay attention to her at all??

It's not about denying Mary, it's about denying God. Jesus taught about the relationship between Himself and God. If we denying Him (Jesus), we deny the One who sent Him (God).

Anything outside that is taught by man. Thus, it is another "gospel" that we're to steer clear from.

The only thing special about Mary was she fulfilled the prophecy of bloodline in the Old Testament

S

SantoSubito

Honestly I think discounting and discarding Mary's role as worthless and doable by someone else, or treating her as nothing more than a vessel to be discarded after shes been used is a very dangerous idea. Mary is more than that; she taught Christ to walk and talk, she cared for him when he was an infant and fed him. At least in Catholic Churches we give Mary her due honor; Whereas in Evangelical churches shes lucky to get a a mention at Christmas.

Praising the work and deeds that the Saints have done with God's help is not dishonoring God or the Saints; on the contrary it elevates the praise of God.