Mental Struggle

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

sze

Hi everyone, I am a 15 year old boy from Malaysia. Before I start I would just like to let you know that I have never/and never will get involved with dark arts such as magic/witchcraft. Alright so the past few days I am having a real struggle in my mind as I feel guilty for experimenting with Telekinesis (the ability to move objects with your mind). Ok so it all started a few weeks back, I was bored and became curious about this, so I did some research on the internet, ending up with a few videos and tutorials on telekinesis. Okay, all the tutorials stat that you have to "concentrate/focus/visualize" on the object in order to make it move. Which thinking about it right now, it is a bunch of crap because if concentration was to be the key for unlocking the ability , then how about during exams where all of us are really concentrating on our exams , but do the exam paper move ? no. Continuing, so the tutorial also recommended to try it on a "psi-wheel" which basically is a paper folded into somewhat like an origami, and once you fold it, you'll have to unfold it so that you will get all the folded lines on the paper, then you need to use a needle/toothpick to poke it into the center of the paper and then poke the needle/toothpick into a eraser so that everything would balance and the paper would be able to rotate.

I was curious(but I was never obsessed in it ) so I tried it, I made a psi-wheel by tearing out a piece of paper and using a needle and a eraser. I lowered down the volume of my television, and I lowered down the speed of the fan in the living room. So i tried to concentrate and move it, first I guess it did not move, but then when I relocate the paper to be a little unbalanced by positioning the paper right on top of the needle, once I did that , I guess that paper rotated immediately, then as I stopped "concentrating", the paper did not stop. Then what I think I did next was i went to switch off the fan completely, and the paper seemed to be stopping , but then I was not convinced with it at all, so I stopped the experiment.

Now this may seem stupid. But then the next day I went to school and told my friends about it, and as they were typical teens, they tried it but failed just like me. Okay then , I went did some research on "whether is Telekinesis is a sin", most of the answers were "It doesn't exists, therefore it could not be a sin". Then I came across a christian site saying about "The Occult". It was listing down all the abilities and stuff that are considered to be occult, and I saw Telekinesis, telepathy, yoga , magic, sorcery, drugs etc. Although I know that all the stuff listed was done through some sort of spell/magic and I was sure that I did not practice any magic to make things move but yet I kinda freaked out and I felt very upset.

So I asked my brother, cousins, auntie and friends, my bro said it was demonic but he also said my experiment is nothing (although today he says my experiment is a sin which I guess that he got frustrated with me asking him the same question over and over again). My cousin said that maybe those people who are able to archive it use magic but she also said my experiment was nothing and its not a sin. My friends said the same as well. My auntie said the same but she gave a more scientific answer saying that it was all a bunch of bull and even if it moved with the fan completely off, it can still be caused by gravity and the air particles around us. And I though of something else, If you had saw my introduction, you would know that I am a Christian but have to put up a show to my mom that I am a Hindu, so because of that I was forced to tie a hindu string around my hand. Then I though could it be the string that caused the movement ?! So I asked my cousins and brother whom I asked previously whether if it the string was the cause of the movement, again they said no as its just a string which is a false believe for the hindus.

But Overall most of them advised me not to try it again because they say the more I try something impossible, the more I would failed and that would get me tempted to use dark arts to make the impossible into possible. But I am not the kind of person who is obsessed with it and I would never get into sorcery and magic.

Even though I am convinced its not a sin, but I still feel very upset for experimenting it. I sometimes shear tears and and I have exams next week, but I just can't concentrate with my current state of mind. I know that I have never practiced any sorcery/ magic, the only thing that I have done worst so far was to believe in the idols when I was young due to my parents (I remember when I was around 3-4 years old, I actually asked to the hindu "god" for science fiction powers), but other than that, I have already chose the right path and that is in christianity ( even when I was experimenting telekinesis, I was praying to jesus saying : "I can do All Things To Christ" and I was praying just to be hopeful ) .

And My Hindu Mom was not helping at all, she said it moved because of my mind, and I should not try it because it would weaken my concentration span =,= .

But seriously everyone, PLEASE help me out, this issue is making me astray :( Was my experiment very wrong and was it a sin ? and plus I had searched for tutorials on telekinesis and transvection(levitation/flying), although I only experimented with telekinesis and there werent any tutorials on levitation ... still is searching for the tutorials on that considered a sin as well ?!! I know I am getting a little paranoid about this but PLEASE HELP MEEEEEEEE !!!!!!

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
I don't know if it is wrong or not, For I do not know much on the bible on this topic...

But Being a child that has gone on the wrong side of the 'unseen'. I have to urge you not to do it again... What you are feeling is the Holy Spirit telling you that your going the wrong direction... That's why you feel like you did wrong. The Holy Spirit (God) Loves you dearly and does not want you to be taken by the evil in this world.

On the other hand, evil (Satan) will tempt you into the unknown of this world... There are evils/hate that we are not meant to understand or dwell in...

[SUP]28 [/SUP]“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. [SUP]29 [/SUP]Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.[SUP]30 [/SUP]For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” matthew 11:28-30

S

sze

Hey, thanks for the reply, am I in trouble for experimenting? I was just curious and nothing else.

"-
I have to urge you not to do it again"
and yea that's the same advice my cousins/bro told me, they said I might get tempted to try dark arts .

"-B
ut Being a child that has gone on the wrong side of the 'unseen'."
if you dont mind, can we be friends and can you tell me your experience, plz ?

H

HEstolemyheart

I have also myself wondered into things that where, questionable. I've seen things I shouldn't, seen things I wish I hadn't. I believe in demons and angels, and the spiritual world around us. I believe there is more than we are told and see.

But if you are feeling AT ALL uneasy or questioning, then your answer is STOP. Like mentioned in before posts, this is the Holy Spirit in you telling you to stop. That's part of the reason it's there, to convict us of things wrong, and give us a truer understanding of things.

K

kenisyes

These things are real, just like knowledge and the strength in your arms and legs. The question is what you do with them. If God tells you to help someone carry heavy bags of groceries, then you use them right. If you use them to hit someone, that's not God's plan, so it's wrong. Knowledge is like that too. if you use it to make life better for people, so they can seek God, that's God's plan, and it's good. If you use your knowledge to steal money or people's identities, that is not God's plan. "Telekinesis" is what the Devil wants us to do with the "faith to move mountains", just like "telepathy' is what the Devil wants us to do with the "word of knowledge" and "prophetic knowledge". The Devil wants us to think we have some great power, that we can use to be proud and to get our own way. God gave you many great things that will unfold as you grow up. It is harder on you because you are surrounded by many people who do not know Jesus. If you make certain that your life is dedicated to Jesus, and stays that way, and you make up your mind to do good things, like God wants, this will work itself out, and you will learn the right ways just by living, as you grow older, because God will tell you. Then it won't matter what you read or search for, because you will know the difference when it comes down to it.

Do you have a Bible? God's original plan for "telekinesis": Matt. 17:20, Matt. 21:19, Matt. 14:18ff. "levitation": Ezek. 8:3, Acts 8:39. Of course, the Bible does not call them this, because these are the Devil's counterfeits of the fact that God made your body to accept certain things when He chooses to give them. Here is the proper use: I Cor. 12:9-10 and the next two chapters cover the use in churches. The reason you feel guilty is because you are trying to make your body do something that is reserved for God to use in you. The general rule is everything comes from the Spirit, you learn it by Rom 12:2, changing how your mind thinks about it, and then your body will follow your mind. Witchcraft is trying to use your mind to make your spirit change so your body gets what it wants, the exact opposite. Satan tries to get to your mind by making it follow your body. God wants to transform you spirit, soul and body by starting with your spirit. Where you live, many people practice witchcraft because they do not know that God has a better plan.

A

allthisstuff

Hi sze. I would like to note that there is God's power and there is the devil's. Though these techniques seem innocent enough for now, they come from a dark place.

The Bible notes

[h=3]Galatians 5:19-21[/h]King James Version (KJV)

[SUP]19 [/SUP]Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
[SUP]20 [/SUP]Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

[SUP]21 [/SUP]Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
This is not just a game. It is not a simple matter. We are to avoid such evil things to be pure before the Lord. No Ouija boards, no fortune tellers, no consulting sorcerer's for magical lessons.

But be at ease, the fact that you are so troubled means that you are being convicted. Confess this sin to the Lord and He will forgive you. Ask Him for strength against this thing and tell the others you have involved in the sorcery that you were wrong and that this is evil and do repent also.

As for your mom being a Hindu and you being a secret Christian, ask God to give you the strength and opportunity to share your faith in Christ Jesus. After-all, you love her and she is your mom. She MUST be saved with you.

The devil might torment you and insist that you are not forgiven, but use scripture to your advantage.

[h=3]1 John 1:9[/h]King James Version (KJV)

[SUP]9 [/SUP]If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

S

sze

hey thanks for the reply, so meaning witchcraft is used to unlock the impossible ? so it starts with a plain obsession with "science-fiction" power and then lead you to witchcraft ?

S

sze

hey thanks for replying, but I think you kinda got it wrong, I NEVER practiced withcraft/sorcery. It was more of an experiment. And that thing I guess its the holy spirit that is trying to advice me to avoid experimenting the impossible to avoid any temptations on witchcraft. anyways thanks for replying :) God Bless You.