Modern Bible versions are corrupt

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kimitsusei

I do believe the modern translations have tampered with a few scriptures especially the NIV which seems to support New Age religion doctrine in some areas.

God's purpose is to gather all nations together to fight them at the battle of armageddon,which is the world under the rule of the antichrist going against Jerusalem,and the Jews.

God is going to allow all people who do not love Him to follow the antichrist system,so God can further His plan of taking His children home,and putting down their kingdom and setting up the millennial reign of Christ.

Since God is going to allow the world,all people who do not love Him,to follow the antichrist system,there will be deception out there that will try to cause people to follow the New Age religion,which the New Age religion interpretation of the Bible will be included in the one world religious system.

God is going to let the world have it's way without putting them down for 7 years,which is known as Daniel's 70th week,which has not happened yet,and the great tribulation.

1Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
3Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
4For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
5For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer(1 Timothy 4:1-5).

There may be many people who have different interpretations for these scriptures,but it is talking of the New Age religion's occultic interpretation of the Bible that will part of the one world religious system that will operate for the first 3 and one half years of the 7 years tribulation.

The one world religious system will be a system that will allow all religions to be practiced and say all religions are valid and no religion is better than another religion.They will not accept fundamental Christianity,but accept the New Age religion's occultic interpretation of the Bible,for it will be compatible with the other religions.

That is why the Bible calls the one world religious system Mystery,Babylon the Great,the Mother of Harlots and Abominations of the Earth,because she is a combination of all the religions and a false christianity all together as one saying all religions are equal.

It will be the occultic interpretation of the Bible that will lead many people astray to follow a false christianity.

There are many New Age religion people who follow Jesus and claim Christianity,but they interpret the Bible according to an occultic interpretation.They believe that Jesus is a 4th degree adept in the occult,which is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit,and the New Age Christ to appear will be a 7th degree adept in the occult and will be the teacher of the world.

The Bible says the Spirit speaks of something at the latter times which is a deception.The latter days would be the last days of the last days.God gives us a warning concerning the New Age religion and their false christianity that will have them following the devil although they think they are following Jesus.It will lead many astray from the truth.

It says that many shall depart from the faith.It did not say they depart from Christianity but they depart from the faith.They depart from the truth of the Bible to embrace an occultic interpretation of the Bible.They still hold unto Christianity but not in the truth.

It will be this occutic christianity that they push out in society to get people to go in that direction,and it will be that false christianity that will be part of the one world religious system along will all the false religions of the world.

In the New Age religion you have white magic and black magic,and they are nature worshippers,and try to tap in to nature for power.The people who follow Jesus would be white magic but it is not innocent for they still believe in getting rid of all people who will not accept to the New World Order.
White magic or black magic they are still cruel.White magic or black magic it is still of the devil.

The New Age religion believes that when the New Age Christ appears he will restore all the hidden mysteries of the past and they can achieve occultic powers like Atlantis has 12,000 years ago.They are trying to establish the New Atlantis where they believe man had powers like a god but lost it through the years.They believe man is god himself.

God gives a warning concerning the latter times about the New Age religion and their false christianity that will have people following the devil while they think they are following Jesus.

It says they will give heed to seducing spirits,and doctrines of devils.Some follow the devil on purpose in the New Age religion,but they would be black magic,and some follow their guiding spirits and think they follow Jesus but their guiding spirit is a devil unknown to them,which would be white magic.
Whether they follow black magic or white magic it is still of the devil.The people who are white magic are not trying to follow the devil but their practice and belief is of the devil and a deception from the devil.

The white magic people get in contact with their guiding spirit which is not an angel but a devil,and the devil tells them a false interpretation of the truth,which has already been laid out and the false interpretation is already out there.

The black magic probably does not get in contact with a guiding spirit because they follow the devil on purpose,so they would not need help from a guiding but they follow the devil.
The white magic people think they are following God and Jesus but are deceived and they think their guiding spirit is an angel but it is of the devil.

The New Age religion is occultic through and through.Whether black magic or white magic it is of the devil.
The white magic New Age people have put out a false christianity,an occultic interpretation of christianity and think they follow Jesus but they are really following the devil and are deceived and are teaching people that false christianity.

They have departed from the faith,the truth of the Bible,to a false christianity,which will be part of the one world religious system.

They speak lies in hypocrisy,and have their conscience seared with a hot iron.While they say they follow Jesus they will not have the compassion like He has for people because their conscience is seared with a hot iron,which means they will be cruel when the time comes to establish their kingdom with no mercy towards all those who oppose them.

They will forbid to marry and command to abstain from meats.They promote homosexuality for population reduction and esteem an animal to almost equal to a human.They promote being a vegetarian and the United Nations has a vegetarian organization.

They will probably make that a law in their kingdom,no marriage,and no eating animals.

God gives us a warning concerning the latter times about the New Age religion who will depart from the faith,the truth of the Bible,to accept an occultic interpretation of the Bible,which is of the devil,and get in contact with their guiding spirit which is a devil,and teach people that falsehood.

Since this is happening right now you would expect the deception to out there.

While the NIV seems to support some New Age doctrines,they probably have their own version of christianity that supports all of their doctrines,which a person that is well educated or even a little educated in the King James could spot it right off.

The NIV might be to try to get the people who do not know the Bible to go in that direction of the New Age religion but is not a full fledged occultic interpretation of christianity.

If a person knows the KJV really well they could spot any deception,and the deception to them in the NIV would be of no impact seeing they already know the theme of the KJV,but if a person does not know the Bible at all and uses the NIV they could come to the wrong notion of true Christianity.

I do not really know that much about the NIV but I do know that God is talking of the New Age religion which is occultic at the latter times that will teach their version of christianity.

I have seen a list of verses,quite a long list,comparing the KJV with the NIV,and in some places it does support New Age theology,and is worded differently,but it would not impact me forI already know the theme of the Bible.

It could be the NIV is a bone thrown out there to peoplw who do not know the truth but want to read the Bible,if they use a NIV at the first it might affect them somewhat wrongly.

The best solution is to read the King James version first and understand the theme of it and the essential doctrines before trying the other version.The other versions could give you a better understanding of some things and the things that are amiss you will know because you know the KJV.

Matt
What an astounding post, Matt!

In fact, I believe this New Age religion has already infiltrated many people, who take keen interest in New Age stuffs. There are plenty of books on this.

Reading your above post reminded me of an experience that my spouse and I had been through inside a local residence of a "spiritual master". That was several years back, when my schoolmate (a vegetarian) first introduced us to a belief system in Chinese. She said it was a belief system, whereby every single religion was seen as a pathway to God. They accepted Buddhism, Taoism, Islam, Christianity, and all kinds of religions you can find in this world.

They also offered their members a chance to go Heaven after their death, by holding a ceremony where their names are written on a piece of paper and burned off flying into the air. They did this so that our names would be removed from the book in Hell, and that we could then go to Heaven through the merits we earned by doing good deeds in this remaining life.

The "monks" also went through a procedure to open our "third eye", and then closed it again. The members were given an incantation to say when in danger, but that incantation must not be said to any living animal. Otherwise, that animal would surely die. Isn't this weird, not to mention "crazy"?

Perhaps, I was too naive and gullible at that time. Just about turning 20 years of age. And frankly, I didn't quite expect all this to take place. But as the whole process revealed itself, my instincts somehow told me through my observations that it was all FAKE! My spouse and I stopped going to "such session" right after. Something was fishy about that kind of belief. I ceased all contact with that vegetarian schoolmate ever since.

Many things happened later, before I eventually recommitted myself to Jesus.

Hope I will be able to find time in future to share more of my personal bad experiences with the so-called holistic and New Age stuffs, in order to warn as many as I can in these last days. There are loads of great deception in them. If not for the help of the Holy Spirit and if not for the Grace of God, I am very sure I will not be where I am now. Having lost myself in these detours before, I have hence sworn off all these holistic, New Age things.

"New Age" is an invention by the devil to further mislead us. No doubt there are curious Christians who also fall into the same trap, which may "appear" so harmless in the very first place. If Christians are not properly grounded in Christ, and for those who are weak-minded and gullible, it is easy for them to be affected by what they read in "nonsense" books that show "alternate beliefs to God". They may even be led astray by the wrong type of friends!

Please be warned, all of you.

K

kimitsusei

Forgot to add, the name of that devilish New Age belief system I mentioned above is known as 天道教 (Tian Dao Jiao) in Chinese.

"It accepts all religions as one way to God."
"It has no prejudice against any religion."

Please beware of this fake belief system. Some of my locals have been deceived by it already. Some of them even think that it is harmless. And I believe such "New Age", "New World" or "One World" religion will come in MANY forms, in order to deceive as many as possible.

B

bonnie2

A book I found really helpful on this topic is From the Mind of God to the Mind of Man. It is considered to be one of the best sources of information about the KJV issue, and it is really well-researched and tactful toward different opinions, so I recommend it highly. KJV-only advocates have created a lot of disunity without much real knowledge about the issue. Anyone wanting to know the truth about the issue should definitely read this book.
or, here's a series of sermons from my church's website, if you don't have access to the book:
Mount Calvary Baptist Church - Sermon Series Information My pastor Mark Minnick contributed to the book (it's a series of articles by different pastors) and his sermons on the same topic are really, really good. Even if you are not KJV-only, listening to these or reading the book will help you understand why. Even more importantly, they will strengthen your faith in the inspired Word of God. Listening to one sermon about the Bible's inspiration- I actually haven't listened to all of them- I was just amazed at his examples from the Bible, it really made the whole issue clearer to me.

B

bonnie2

BTW scroll down to listen to the sermons free. You don't have to purchase them :)

B

bonnie2

The reason for textual discrepancies in a lot of cases is more recently discovered manuscripts add or omit verses. If you have 600 manuscripts and only 2 have a certain verse in it, should it be added to a translation or not? Most scholars say not, because it isn't in the majority, or they add it in a footnote, or italicize it. Another thing I don't believe the KJV was translated from the best manuscripts. There have been many more found in the past 400 years that have showed to be more accurate and faithful to Erasmus' TR. I'm not a fan of the NIV because of the translation method, but to call it corrupt is wrong. People have gotten saved from it and have been blessed by it.
Good post :) This sounds like the information in the book I mentioned. Have you read it?

Crypto

Nov 14, 2009
Good post :) This sounds like the information in the book I mentioned. Have you read it?
Nope I haven't. It's what some of my mentors and professors have taught.

Crypto

Nov 14, 2009

I may have to now though! Thanks for mentioning it!

B

bonnie2

Yeah, you definitely should Crypto!

Mar 26, 2010
Hello, here is a VERY informative website. Now, LISTEN-You MAY find something that this website says the NIV has taken out, yet you DO NOT find that it was taken out-This might be because of differences in NIVs. But for the MOST part, the NIV does change the meaning of many verses in the KJV. And hear this-Me and my grandpa were spending a short period of time together one day, and we were discussing this-He was saying how the church he attends had a thing which they read for study with the King James Version on one side of it, and the NIV on the other I believe. And he was talking about how it was confusing for them to do Bible study. Look at that word-CONFUSING. God is not the author of confusion.

1 Corinthians 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

NOW HERE IS THE WEBSITE BELOW CLICK ON IT-

The New International Version - NIV

NOW HERE IS THE WEBSITE BELOW CLICK ON IT-

The New International Version - NIV