Mom Saves Son from Cougar Attack

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

AuntieAnt

A Canadian woman said her "mom instinct" took over last week when she fought off a cougar that mauled her 7 year old son in their backyard.

"I knew that in my own power and in my own strength I wasn't going to be able to pry its mouth open, so I started praying in tongues. I'm just crying out to the Lord," she said. "Three sentences into me praying, it released and it ran away."

For full story, see link:
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/woman-say...he-fought-085908900--abc-news-topstories.html

S

Susanna

When I saw the headline I was thinking of attacks from two legged cougars. I’m getting so embarrassed on behalf of my own gender when I see women in their late 40s and 50s preying on men 25 years their junior.

A

AuntieAnt

When I saw the headline I was thinking of attacks from two legged cougars. I’m getting so embarrassed on behalf of my own gender when I see women in their late 40s and 50s preying on men 25 years their junior.
It’s so sad that the term cougar carries the connotation that a woman over 40 can only attract a young man by being rich and/or desperate. It’s assuming she is guilty of predatory behavior. On the other hand, a man is not insulted when he dates a woman 20 years his junior. *sigh* :(

At any rate, I praise God how He heard this mommy's prayer to rescue her son from this mountain lion. We have those here in Texas and I have spotted them a few times. In fact, one was spotted roaming around the university campus not too long ago. That's in walking distance from where I live. :eek:

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
It’s so sad that the term cougar carries the connotation that a woman over 40 can only attract a young man by being rich and/or desperate. It’s assuming she is guilty of predatory behavior. On the other hand, a man is not insulted when he dates a woman 20 years his junior. *sigh* :(
I disagree, men are attacked and mocked for pursuing and engaging in relations with woman 20 years his younger these days..

At any rate, I praise God how He heard this mommy's prayer to rescue her son from this mountain lion. We have those here in Texas and I have spotted them a few times. In fact, one was spotted roaming around the university campus not too long ago. That's in walking distance from where I live. :eek:
Cool.. We do not have anything like mountain lions in Australia.. We used to have Tasmanian tigers but they died out in the 1930's :( All we have now are dingos and they are not really scary..

Ahh :D But we do have the massive salt water crocodiles :eek: You don't want to go swimming where those guys are :oops: lol

Feb 28, 2016
A Canadian woman said her "mom instinct" took over last week when she fought off a cougar that mauled her 7 year old son in their backyard.

"I knew that in my own power and in my own strength I wasn't going to be able to pry its mouth open, so I started praying in tongues. I'm just crying out to the Lord," she said. "Three sentences into me praying, it released and it ran away."

For full story, see link:
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/woman-say...he-fought-085908900--abc-news-topstories.html
====================================
WOW, what a Mom!
we never heard her say 'so I started praying tongues'...?

A

AuntieAnt

====================================
WOW, what a Mom!
we never heard her say 'so I started praying tongues'...?
It's in the story write-up on that link that she prayed in tongues. They must have cut that part from the videotaped interview. Also odd is that many of the news media didn't mention anything at all about her praying to the Lord for help. They seemed to cut that part of the story out. Nevertheless, that woman did give God the glory for saving her precious son! :giggle: