More Jesus name then Mohammed name in the Quran

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 23, 2010
Jesus is mentioned in the Quran 97 times

Mohammed is mentioned in the Quran 25 times

interesting right? Read the Quran then.

S

Shwagga

Read the bible, Jesus is mentioned more than Muhammed there too.

Last edited:
May 23, 2010
G

giantone

I think anyone who wants to know what the Quran says should read it, I have.

M

mfdezua

somebody there?

zone

Jun 13, 2010
i'm not lying, Jesus Christ name is more then Muslim prophet Muhammad in the Quran.

Virgin Mary, mother of Jesus, is mentioned more in the Qur'an than in the entire New Testament.- Wiki Said

Mary (mother of Jesus) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Virgin Mary, mother of Jesus, is mentioned more in the Qur'an than in the entire New Testament"

which is why we do not view Mary as more than the blessed virgin who would bring forth the Saviour. we give her the attention and respect due according to the New Testament.

please do not confuse Catholicism with Biblical Christianity: there is no goddess, no other mediator.

everything we are intended to know of the mother of JESUS is in our bible. anything else is from man.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
yeah, i hope u guys read the bible more then i do.

some us do, some do not (i see you do read it).

the difference is, we believe what we know from the bible, whether much or little.

Dec 19, 2009

The Bible contains the teachings of Jesus. Does the Quran contain any teachings of Jesus not found in the Bible?

May 18, 2010
The Bible contains the teachings of Jesus. Does the Quran contain any teachings of Jesus not found in the Bible?
it does not contain new teachings of Jesus, but it clarifies the kind of relationship Jesus had with God. a relationship of man-to-God. the fundamental teaching of Jesus being 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ is Explicit !
He is talking to a man who asks him how to make it to heaven ? and he tells him Explicitly 'Love the Lord' ... God ... did he said 'love me' ? had it been that, he would have used the world 'me' instead of 'the'. not that you are not to love him, but if you want to make it to heaven, the commandment you shall keep is that one... to 'Love the Lord' ... he makes it MORE Explicit by adding 'Your God'

Jesus Christ made it Explicit that his relationship with God is one of a Human-to-God relationship.

and God made it VERY Explicit how He is ''One and Only'' in the old testament, if He is ' Three' or became 'Three' then why does He not make that statement just as Explicit as He made it in the old testament?

the brief statement which follows is not a polemic in any sense of the word, but a purely objective summary of the relation between the two religions (Christianity and Islam). It is impossible to write of Islam without saying something about its predecessors, if only because the Quran claims to confirm and to correct the earlier scriptures of Jews and Christians.
Perhaps the most direct way of indicating the relation would be to take the Apostles' Creed, as the document regarded by practically all Christians as an authoritative summary of their faith, and see how far the Quran agrees with it (the words in italics are rejected by Islam):

I believe in GOD
the Father
Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth:
And in Jesus Christ
His only son, our Lord,
Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, Born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate, Was crucified and buried, He descended into Hell; The third day
He rose again from dead,

He ascended into Heaven,
and sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
From thence He shall come
to judge the quick and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Ghost;
The Holy Catholic Church
The Comission of Saints;
The Communion of Saints;

The Forgiveness of sins;
The Resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting.

If we went outside the Quran for parallels with Christian doctrine we should find some, but we should enter into the field of controversy, and therefore these notes will be confined exclusively to what the Quran itself says on the subjects which fall within the scope of the Apostles' Creed.

The Father. This is a term abhorrent to Muslims in reference to God, because it is understood in the sense of physical generation, and to say that God is a father implies to their mind that he must have a wife: therefore on that ground they are perfectly right in rejecting the term as blasphemous. Nor do they admit the term in the metaphorical sense that God is the father of all men, who stand to him in relation of children.

Jesus Christ is believe to be an apostle sent by God. He is a man and the slave of God.

Conceived by the Holy Spirit. (cf. Holy Quran 21:91) 'And (remember) her who guarded her chastity: We breathed into her of Our spirit, and We made her and her son a sign for all peoples.' this inbreathing of the divine spirit is recorded also of the creation of Adam (Quran 15:29): 'And when I have made him a complete man and breathed into him of My Spirit, fall you down prostrating yourselves to him.' It is clear from these two passages that the Holy Spirit is not necessarily a person, but rather an emanation. In Islam in other texts it is understood to be Gabriel, because it is he that communicated the Quran to Muhammad in (Quran 2:291), while in (Quran 16:104) it is the Holy Spirit. Similarly (Quran 19:17) reads, 'We sent to her [Mary] Our Spirit and he took the form of a full-grown man.' Further (Quran 4:171) says of Jesus: 'The Messiah, the Son of Mary, is only and a spirit from Him. So believe in God and His apostles and do not say "Three". Forbear! (it is) better for you. Allah is but One God; Exalted is He above having a son. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. And sufficient is Allah as Disposer of affairs.' The conception of spirit in the Quran is difficult to follow. Other passages speak of angels being sent down with the spirit to whom God wills of his creatures. The 'Holy Spirit' is mentioned four times in the Quran:
(2:81) 'We gave Jesus, the Son of Mary the plain indications and strengthened him with the Holy Spirit' and similarly
(5:109) 'But all true believers are strengthened with the Holy Spirit' and in (58:22) and (16:104)
The most that can be said is that it is the plain teachings of the Quran, that Jesus is a kind of a Second Adam in that he was created by the immediate action of God through his breath, and not by human generation. It cannot be said that it teaches that the Holy Spirit is God himself; the Holy Spirit is the breath or wind of God.

Peace

C

charisenexcelcis

it does not contain new teachings of Jesus, but it clarifies the kind of relationship Jesus had with God. a relationship of man-to-God. the fundamental teaching of Jesus being 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ is Explicit !
He is talking to a man who asks him how to make it to heaven ? and he tells him Explicitly 'Love the Lord' ... God ... did he said 'love me' ? had it been that, he would have used the world 'me' instead of 'the'. not that you are not to love him, but if you want to make it to heaven, the commandment you shall keep is that one... to 'Love the Lord' ... he makes it MORE Explicit by adding 'Your God'

Jesus Christ made it Explicit that his relationship with God is one of a Human-to-God relationship.

and God made it VERY Explicit how He is ''One and Only'' in the old testament, if He is ' Three' or became 'Three' then why does He not make that statement just as Explicit as He made it in the old testament?
Numbers are subjective adjectives. I can say I am one. I can say I am 52. I can say I am 220. I can say I am 68. I can say I am 2. I can say I am 4. One in eternal co-existance, compound unity.

the brief statement which follows is not a polemic in any sense of the word, but a purely objective summary of the relation between the two religions (Christianity and Islam). It is impossible to write of Islam without saying something about its predecessors, if only because the Quran claims to confirm and to correct the earlier scriptures of Jews and Christians.
Perhaps the most direct way of indicating the relation would be to take the Apostles' Creed, as the document regarded by practically all Christians as an authoritative summary of their faith, and see how far the Quran agrees with it (the words in italics are rejected by Islam):

I believe in GOD
the Father
And in Jesus Christ
His only son, our Lord,
suffered under Pontius Pilate, Was crucified and buried, He descended into Hell; The third day
He rose again from dead,
He ascended into Heaven,
The Holy Catholic Church
The Comission of Saints;
The Communion of Saints;
The Forgiveness of sins;

If we went outside the Quran for parallels with Christian doctrine we should find some, but we should enter into the field of controversy, and therefore these notes will be confined exclusively to what the Quran itself says on the subjects which fall within the scope of the Apostles' Creed.

The Father. This is a term abhorrent to Muslims in reference to God, because it is understood in the sense of physical generation, and to say that God is a father implies to their mind that he must have a wife: therefore on that ground they are perfectly right in rejecting the term as blasphemous. Nor do they admit the term in the metaphorical sense that God is the father of all men, who stand to him in relation of children.
God is the design for the relationship of Father, not a biological relationship but a personal relationship.

Jesus Christ is believe to be an apostle sent by God. He is a man and the slave of God.
Jesus said, "Before Abraham, I am." and in doing so (more than once) He claimed the most holy name of God.

Conceived by the Holy Spirit. (cf. Holy Quran 21:91) 'And (remember) her who guarded her chastity: We breathed into her of Our spirit, and We made her and her son a sign for all peoples.' this inbreathing of the divine spirit is recorded also of the creation of Adam (Quran 15:29): 'And when I have made him a complete man and breathed into him of My Spirit, fall you down prostrating yourselves to him.' It is clear from these two passages that the Holy Spirit is not necessarily a person, but rather an emanation. In Islam in other texts it is understood to be Gabriel, because it is he that communicated the Quran to Muhammad in (Quran 2:291), while in (Quran 16:104) it is the Holy Spirit. Similarly (Quran 19:17) reads, 'We sent to her [Mary] Our Spirit and he took the form of a full-grown man.' Further (Quran 4:171) says of Jesus: 'The Messiah, the Son of Mary, is only and a spirit from Him. So believe in God and His apostles and do not say "Three". Forbear! (it is) better for you. Allah is but One God; Exalted is He above having a son. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. And sufficient is Allah as Disposer of affairs.' The conception of spirit in the Quran is difficult to follow. Other passages speak of angels being sent down with the spirit to whom God wills of his creatures. The 'Holy Spirit' is mentioned four times in the Quran:
(2:81) 'We gave Jesus, the Son of Mary the plain indications and strengthened him with the Holy Spirit' and similarly
(5:109) 'But all true believers are strengthened with the Holy Spirit' and in (58:22) and (16:104)
I am curious why the word "we" is used above?
The most that can be said is that it is the plain teachings of the Quran, that Jesus is a kind of a Second Adam in that he was created by the immediate action of God through his breath, and not by human generation. It cannot be said that it teaches that the Holy Spirit is God himself; the Holy Spirit is the breath or wind of God.

Peace
Your post serves to show that the New Testament and the Qaran are incompatable. Either one or the other may be true, but not both.

May 23, 2010
It hard for me to find christian commandment from Jesus since christian not following it anymore . but looking at the commandment of Jew. that is 613 commandment. most of them are compulsory for muslim to follow.

Judaism 101: A List of the 613 Mitzvot (Commandments)

can anyone give me all the list of commandment of Jesus. since hard for me to find.

Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17-18)"

May 16, 2010
Hello lightME! Peace to you Brother; In and through CHRIST in Kinsmanship WITH OUR FATHER; ALLAH!!!

I would like to thank-You for the Information,about The Quran; I have only did an Overview of Islam and Muhammed

I appreciate all the extra details to share with others, that you have taken the time to summarize for me,and save me a lot of time and Effort!

I agree with you on everything you have shared, with Obvious Study!

Love & Peace FOREVER in CHRIST!!!( The Annoited One of ALLAH!!!)

Dec 19, 2009
It hard for me to find christian commandment from Jesus since christian not following it anymore . but looking at the commandment of Jew. that is 613 commandment. most of them are compulsory for muslim to follow.

can anyone give me all the list of commandment of Jesus. since hard for me to find.

Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17-18)"
As far as I am concerned, every word Jesus spoke, in the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, are commandments we Christians should follow.

May 16, 2010
Yes; and thats Only 2 Commandments; ADDED to the 10; Which in themselves are Really NOT that Difficult,to Follow!

7 of them:DO NOT HAVE the WRONG FATHER!!!

Thou Shalt NOT commit Homocidal Murder!

Thou Shalt NOT LIE!

Thou Shalt NOT Steal

zone

Jun 13, 2010

I believe in GOD
the Father
And in Jesus Christ
His only son, our Lord,
He rose again from dead,
He ascended into Heaven,
The Holy Catholic Church
The Comission of Saints;
The Communion of Saints;
The Forgiveness of sins;

Peace

so what does that really have to do with us Christians?
we know you don't believe Jesus came as the Son of God.

if islam chooses to reject the Son of God, it's followers fall under the same condemnation as the rest of the lost. we believe that, you don't.

surely you don't expect any of us would convert to islam, do you? if any do, they were never Christ's to begin with. we expect to be ridiculed and hassled - it goes with the Name:)

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in HIM should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 8:12
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I AM the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

John 8:58
Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM.

T

Tumai

I agree with every statement made here 150%

valiant

Mar 22, 2015

try reading Matt 5-7