more than feeling more than a name

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 22, 2012
what is the crux of your religion? is it forgiveness?

at this current time we don't need religion we need a psychologist.

the crux of every main religion is holiness. it's not forgiveness that saves you from hell it is the power of a God of order and justice.

where are your definitions? where are the castle gates?

paper and words and ceremonies and rituals are holding the world together that us humans live on.

does nothing matter? were do you stop and begin? do you have morals?

HOLINESS is our pursuit. we are to be walking toward a better way to be. making life on earth better than it was yesterday.

SCIENCE and DOING not superstition and ignorance

oh wait this is too much for your feeble mind just turn on some CCM and float away into nothing.

you need a big dose of psycho-therapy as we all do. that which is evil is known through out the world through every document, poem, song, written word. Embrace absolute truth of what is known.

God sees those who live righteously and God Blesses those who cling to what is good

stop telling me Jesus is going to take care of everything. wake up. God is more than a name. God is more than a religion. I am rejecting Evangelicals who believe in bliss and forgiveness. Do work. Do an act of righteousness and be blessed by God. step away from this feel good relative mass of confusion. get real.

God forgives and that is great. God also blesses those who pursue righteousness.

what is hell? forget about hell and embrace this life. hell is a place of darkness you can go into a dark place right now on earth it is called ignorance. step up to the plate. get off your lazyboy and go to the library! read! use your head.

A big percentage of kids that grow up in Evangelical homes go wild after they get to college..WHY?

because your beliefs are in nothing. Jesus forgives and we all feel good blah blah blah.

How about God blesses the righteous and condemns the wicked? what ever happened to condemnation? oh I forgot Jesus erased condemnation now we can do anything we want because nothing matters. WRONG!

things matter there is a right and a wrong and it has a whole lot to do with science. wake up!

C

CanadaNZ

No, we need the true christians to stand up and live lives of faith not religion. Christianity is not meant to be a religion but satan and society has managed to twist it into such. I know that God is real and that I am saved because I have seen him working in my life all the time. I have made drastic changes in my life that I struggled to do on my own, but when I turned them over to God, He came, He saw, He conquered :). You may have had bad experience with religion but then again so have I. I have a relationship with God, not a silly religion to hold on to.

C

CanadaNZ

I admit I find it truly hilarious that people come on here and bash religion thinking that they are going to offend true christians. I speak out against "christian" religion all the time too :p.

Mar 22, 2012
No, we need the true christians to stand up and live lives of faith not religion. Christianity is not meant to be a religion but satan and society has managed to twist it into such. I know that God is real and that I am saved because I have seen him working in my life all the time. I have made drastic changes in my life that I struggled to do on my own, but when I turned them over to God, He came, He saw, He conquered :). You may have had bad experience with religion but then again so have I. I have a relationship with God, not a silly religion to hold on to.
that is my point. God sees righteousness and God blesses you for your faithful acts. I am holding a holy war against dead religious ignorance.

there is a cult following of Evangelicals molesting children for Jesus because his grace is infinite. that is non-sense. they are out there saying that demons have deceived those who walk in righteousness. apparently Gods grace lets us do willful sinning.

they are hung up on getting into heaven VERSUS having a relationship with God.

C

CanadaNZ

Good luck with that, but remember in the end we CANNOT earn our salvation so don't fall into that trap.

Mar 22, 2012
I don't know anything about heaven. All I care about is having a connection with God.

C

CanadaNZ

I don't know anything about heaven. All I care about is having a connection with God.
Umm then you are not a christian, so why would you attack religion which pretty much is wanting the same as you a connection with God, as opposed to a relationship with God. . .

Mar 22, 2012
what???? I am attacking feel good loonies that are ruining the world.

I don't believe in getting out of hell. I believe in living for God.

I believe religion is good.

like you are scared of going to hell so you pray a little prayer to get out of hell.

I observe the life and teachings of Christ and engage in a faith based connection/relationship with God by acting on the evidence I have seen and been handed down.

as far as the salvation goes I believe that being saved means being brought out of darkness into righteousness. the whole heaven and hell ideals are worthless to me.

C

CanadaNZ

what???? I am attacking feel good loonies that are ruining the world.

I don't believe in getting out of hell. I believe in living for God.

I believe religion is good.

like you are scared of going to hell so you pray a little prayer to get out of hell.

I observe the life and teachings of Christ and engage in a faith based connection/relationship with God by acting on the evidence I have seen and been handed down.

as far as the salvation goes I believe that being saved means being brought out of darkness into righteousness. the whole heaven and hell ideals are worthless to me.
I don't say a silly little pray to get out of hell. I do what God requires of me which is to Repent, which means to be sorry for your sins and then turn from them. A little prayer of confession doesn't mean anything unless you repent. I find it amazing that you observe Christ from the bible but ignore heaven and hell which are also in the bible. . .and are in fact in Jesus' teachings.

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
oh wait this is too much for your feeble mind just turn on some CCM and float away into nothing.

what is hell? forget about hell and embrace this life. hell is a place of darkness you can go into a dark place right now on earth it is called ignorance. step up to the plate. get off your lazyboy and go to the library! read! use your head.
Oh, yes. Our feeble minds that cannot comprehend capitalized letters or commas. Studies show that's what happens when people read and use their heads. True story. :rolleyes:

S

SpaceCowboy

"HOLINESS is our pursuit. we are to be walking toward a better way to be. making life on earth better than it was yesterday."

Your right and your wrong.

One way to describe Holiness would be absolute moral perfection. Not "righteous" deeds from us. The only way we can be righteous and holy is to be in Jesus through faith because HE'S righteous and holy. Our best deeds are so tainted with sin that's it's crazy to even entertain the thought of being able to do anything righteous. Now I don't know what type of Christianity you were around that skewed your view of Jesus and his role in our lives, but some damage has definitely been done. Just because we get saving grace doesn't mean we should abuse it. And just because there are hippocrites who do doesn't mean you throw the faith away. Regardless of what you call it, without Jesus there is no Christianity.

Feb 11, 2012
This is salvation from the word of God, Jesus didn't come to give you a comfortable life, going to your country club church, having a fun time, living as the world, and addicted to all its vain attractions!

Many think they are on the narrow path, because thay said the sinners prayer, go to church, and believe they can never loose their salvation, thus thier life shows it, they resemble the world over the house of God, they spend more time watching thier favorite TV shows and sports than actually digging deep for the truth as Jesus commanded, thus are lead astray by the spirit of error, then get angry at us few who bring real life changing truth!
Flee Babylon, she is falling and taking multitudes with her!

You are Saved by: James1:21-22
Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls. But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

The Receiving with Meekness is Repentance with godly sorry. The Implanted Word is what you Obey.

FAITH IS OBEDIENCE TO THE TRUTH, A WORK, YOU DO NOT OBEY, YOU SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES.

Eze 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Dec 19, 2009
I think the crux of my religion can be found in two Bible readings: Matthew 22:34-40 and Matthew 4:17.

C

CanadaNZ

I think the crux of my religion can be found in two Bible readings: Matthew 22:34-40 and Matthew 4:17.
See to me that is not religion, that is obedience which comes from faith. We are not mean to be religious (like the pharisees) we are supposed to have a loving relationship with God, faith in his sacrifice and salvation plan, and obedience in love.