My ideal Bible?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

sgw

Apr 3, 2021
Wondering if my ideal Bible exists, or can be made. I’ve searched as many places I could think of. Would love to find one very near this:
• large pages (7x10 or bigger)
• thick paper for writing on
• large font , 11.5-12 or bigger
• red letter(I hope)
• NASB95 or NKJV
• wide margin
Does this exist?

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Hello @sgw, have you tried these folks: https://316publishing.com/

These have all kinds of interesting Bibles in all four NASB translations, the 77, the 95, the 2020, and the LSB (which is just NT and Psalms/Proverbs until the early Fall). lsbible.org

If you want BIG, check out their Preacher’s Bible :)

~Deut

sgw

Apr 3, 2021
Hello @sgw, have you tried these folks: https://316publishing.com/

These have all kinds of interesting Bibles in all four NASB translations, the 77, the 95, the 2020, and the LSB (which is just NT and Psalms/Proverbs until the early Fall). lsbible.org

If you want BIG, check out their Preacher’s Bible :)

~Deut
I saw that preachers Bible! It’s almost what I want. I just wish it was red letter. I’m almost ready to buy that one. I’m still looking.

sgw

Apr 3, 2021
I read somewhere that it’s paper is 65 gsm! Wish I could find that again.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
hmm I have a look and see if any Bibles fit that description in the bookshop I work in.
I deifnititely have seen some like this but only KJV. Large print and red letter is good.

sgw

Apr 3, 2021
hmm I have a look and see if any Bibles fit that description in the bookshop I work in.
I deifnititely have seen some like this but only KJV. Large print and red letter is good.
Thank you!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I had a look and found we had some NKJV bibles, red letter, large print but Im not sure how wide a margin you want.
They also had something called 'comfort print'.
Look in the Thomas Nelson range, I think the publisher is HarperCollins.

I am thinking if you want a wide margin it would be those Journal the Word Bibles. I have one thats KJV but there probably is one in NKJV although I wouldnt say mine is large print.

Most bibles do come in red letter these days.

sgw

Apr 3, 2021
I had a look and found we had some NKJV bibles, red letter, large print but Im not sure how wide a margin you want.
They also had something called 'comfort print'.
Look in the Thomas Nelson range, I think the publisher is HarperCollins.

I am thinking if you want a wide margin it would be those Journal the Word Bibles. I have one thats KJV but there probably is one in NKJV although I wouldnt say mine is large print.

Most bibles do come in red letter these days.
My wife has a KJV Journal Bible. It is small! I think 9.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I saw that preachers Bible! It’s almost what I want. I just wish it was red letter. I’m almost ready to buy that one. I’m still looking.
you can get a highlighter :)

it's bugged me since i was a kid that Bibles print with Christ's words in red, but they don't do the same for the OT?
why not?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
My wife has a KJV Journal Bible. It is small! I think 9.
Im guessing its to save paper that the font is so small the Bible would be really bulky otherwise but I think 12 or 14 is good for most people, otherwise you need glasses or a magnifying sheet to read comfortably.

This is where kindle or e-books have an advantage as you can adjust the size, but I find its not the same as having a real book.
If you still cant find what you are after I would write to a Bible publisher and make a suggestion as a reader I would buy copies of the Bible if it was...and name your specs.

If there is enougn demand publishers will need to supply what readers want. I wish some Bible publishers were more careful how they publish the Bible and not print it on paper that goes yellow so quickly, bind it properly, and stop inserting annoying sidebars and comments and pictures that go out of date in a few years. Its a timeless book and ought to last at least more than ten years or the lifetime of a reader and stand up to constant use.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I saw this doco on tv (well only caught a few minutes of it) that showed how Egypt was making paper out of papyrus again, like the old traditional way, but they were saying that as there was not much demand for it and the people making it had to close their cottage businesses, though they still wanted to make it.

It is a beautiful handmade paper and lasts a long time.
I wonder if Bibles could still be made out of papyrus. You could make beautiful illuminated copies of the Bible, maybe not the entire 66 books but at just a few books at a time, or at least just the New Testament.