My Interesting Theoretical Cognitive Therapy For Mental Health

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Kafziel

Dec 28, 2018
I studied cognitive science for a while and think I have a few theories about what can improve mental health.

The idea is that most of the bad effects from episodes and related come from a lack of simplicity and purity. The reactions to perceived negative stimulation.

So the idea is to train yourself not to emotionally react much and look at things in a simple way. You can do this through the most common form of meditation. Which has been shown to improve brain structure.

What you want to do is close your eyes and just let your thoughts flow. Try not to react to them, just know they're there. Let your brain do the thinking. Try to be a neutral observer.

This can be coupled with a mindset of simplicity, which should help with delusions as well. Do not quickly form beliefs and observe things with an open mind. Because the mind is strongly affected by belief it stops looking for information once you've formed a belief. So in theory this should allow you to absorb more information and come to more sound conclusions.

So basically, purity and simplicity = clarity and peace.

Oct 10, 2021
I studied cognitive science for a while and think I have a few theories about what can improve mental health.

The idea is that most of the bad effects from episodes and related come from a lack of simplicity and purity. The reactions to perceived negative stimulation.

So the idea is to train yourself not to emotionally react much and look at things in a simple way. You can do this through the most common form of meditation. Which has been shown to improve brain structure.

What you want to do is close your eyes and just let your thoughts flow. Try not to react to them, just know they're there. Let your brain do the thinking. Try to be a neutral observer.

This can be coupled with a mindset of simplicity, which should help with delusions as well. Do not quickly form beliefs and observe things with an open mind. Because the mind is strongly affected by belief it stops looking for information once you've formed a belief. So in theory this should allow you to absorb more information and come to more sound conclusions.

You don't sound like you study cognitive science. You sound like a abuser. Abusers sound just like this. Ill pray for you dear. God bless.

Kafziel

Dec 28, 2018
You don't sound like you study cognitive science. You sound like a abuser. Abusers sound just like this. Ill pray for you dear. God bless.
It says more about you than it does about me that you extract that from a benign sentence. I will pray for you.

Kafziel

Dec 28, 2018
I put this in the wrong place too.

Kafziel

Dec 28, 2018
Some man of science hurt you didn't he?

Oct 10, 2021
Some man of science hurt you didn't he?
My point exactly. I told my view and you assumed immediately that I'm hurt. If you don't want peoples point of view, why are you here venting?

Kafziel

Dec 28, 2018
My point exactly. I told my view and you assumed immediately that I'm hurt. If you don't want peoples point of view, why are you here venting?
No I didn't mean to vent, this was meant for the health section of the forum. Your opinion is perfectly welcome.

You have some negative previous experience with "people of science" though. Is all I was saying. I suppose a lot of people have on this forum.

S

SophieT

I studied cognitive science for a while
and you have a degree?

wait....actually you have this... I have a few theories about what can improve mental health

ok then

there is no health section. this is the miscellaneous section

Kafziel

Dec 28, 2018
and you have a degree?

wait....actually you have this... I have a few theories about what can improve mental health

ok then

there is no health section. this is the miscellaneous section
No not quite. It's an informal education. I'm just basing this on things I have studied. I mean it's nothing harmful, just the natural state of the brain. The natural state of awareness and simplicity. It's like a mental rest that improves brain function mixed with a lack of cognitive distortions that can sometimes alter our perception of reality.

Christianity is built around the knowledge that faith and belief alter perceptions, and outside of my knowledge sometimes reality. I understand that last part a bit less.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
"Well, a man come on the 6 o'clock news,
Said somebody's been shot,
Somebody's been abused."

S

SophieT

No not quite. It's an informal education. I'm just basing this on things I have studied. I mean it's nothing harmful, just the natural state of the brain. The natural state of awareness and simplicity. It's like a mental rest that improves brain function mixed with a lack of cognitive distortions that can sometimes alter our perception of reality.

Christianity is built around the knowledge that faith and belief alter perceptions, and outside of my knowledge sometimes reality. I understand that last part a bit less.
very informal

VineyardsOfEngedi

Nov 26, 2019

So like breathing techniques?

Kafziel

Dec 28, 2018
Well it's a bit flawed in that I haven't been tested on the material, but knowledge is not a degree, that's a falsehood perpetuated by the education system.

Kafziel

Dec 28, 2018
I mean should I say be disregarded simply because I study as hobby and study several fields that if I had gotten a degree in all of them would probably cost me quite a lot of money I don't have?

VineyardsOfEngedi

Nov 26, 2019
Well you can use those too if you want. That's not required though. The main idea is to train yourself not to easily react to things. This brings calmness and mental rest.
No, I was asking what your interesting cognitive therapy for mental health was?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014

Don't you get all this in prayer? I do.

S

SophieT

I mean should I say be disregarded simply because I study as hobby and study several fields that if I had gotten a degree in all of them would probably cost me quite a lot of money I don't have?
well that's up to you. but it does kind of seem you think you have a good idea here and would like positive feedback on it

you might not have got a degree even if you attempted to get one

I'm not a fortune teller :whistle: