My Isolation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

md27

Hey guys, I'm new to this site and am getting accustomed to it. I am 27 years have very few friends. Idon't socialze much and I think it is developing into a great fear. I try to go out but feel a sense of dread every time I am confronted. I know deep i my heart that I must confront this issue so that I can move on with my life, but it is very hard for me. (I have also dealt wit rejection in my life so I always see a circumstnace according to whether I will get rejected or not. I really don't wnat to live this way.)
Thank You,
Md27

N

NoTearsShed

I prayed for you, that you are able to talk to christians & get closer to them =)
In a way its good that you isolate yourself with others because it might keep you from getting into bad things that God dont like but at the same time its bad because you dont get to spread the word of God.

M

md27

thank you for your prayer. You do have a good point; I originally started isolating myself becuase my sister had run away from home and I felt really lost without her. It just has progressed from then and that was 12 years ago (other life situations have happened as well). I'm trying to put the pieces of my life together but it is harder than I think it would be. I know I have to lean on the Lord and not on my own understanding but it is helpful to know that there are people out there who care about what I am going through. God Bless You.

N

NoTearsShed

thank you for your prayer. You do have a good point; I originally started isolating myself becuase my sister had run away from home and I felt really lost without her. It just has progressed from then and that was 12 years ago (other life situations have happened as well). I'm trying to put the pieces of my life together but it is harder than I think it would be. I know I have to lean on the Lord and not on my own understanding but it is helpful to know that there are people out there who care about what I am going through. God Bless You.
You welcome =)

12 year ago :O *Hugs*
Sorry that happend, I never had a sister so i dont know the bond between two sisters, But my guess its like a very big loss since sisters are usually each others best friends.
Yup lean on the lord. Even when its hard, Ask God for forgiveness & pray for him to lead you the right way =)
It is hard, Especially sometimes when your alone or hanging out with the wrong people sometimes you act without really thinking & then later on end up really regreting it =/
Thank you, I really need someone to talk to too & pray for me =)

Do you talk to God sometimes? If so tell him how you feel =) Always ask forgiveness & try not to curse (IF you do) sometimes the little things like a curse word used more & more gets us farther away from God & deeper into the darkness ... happend to me :(

M

md27

Hi NoTearShed,
I pray that God blesses you as progress on your path. Yes, it was very hurtful losing my sister to a n abusive boyfriend. Those years were so bleak for me; I am still recovering. I also had spinal surgery at that time and was asked to leave my aunt's home which my sister and I stayed in. (My mother was deemed as an unfit parent). The grace of the Lord has gotten me through those years but the scars are there trying to knaw at me.

N

NoTearsShed

*hugs* A spinal surgery... So you had a lot on your mind when she left , I know we all end up with pain its just our choise to choose to suffor or not.
Is your sister still with him?
I understand how it is i had a couple friends with abusive boyfriends & yet they still stayed with them, one of them is no longer with him He is in jail Thank God because for the things he did to her , its really good he is in there, at least now he can think about what he did & start to change.
Have you spoken to your sister if i may ask?
Or if you like to talk to me you can write me in private if you want some privacy.

Even though it was 12 years ago glad your still here living =) Do you go to church?
If you dont then maybe you can find a christian church & meet other christians guys & girls =) Make Christian friends who dont drink all night, party all night & all that bad stuff. That way they can help you while you help them =) especially talking about God & praying together =)
Please just dont make this mistake i made, when i found a good friend who really did appreciate me i dint really pray & talk to God like i had the past few days before she stayed at my house the weekend. Time flies by & sometimes you get caught up, So please dont do that when you find good friends =) find the time to talk to God =D Trust me God listens he helped me out this whole month with the things i had going on lots of stress T_T

C

concernedguy

Hey guys, I'm new to this site and am getting accustomed to it. I am 27 years have very few friends. Idon't socialze much and I think it is developing into a great fear. I try to go out but feel a sense of dread every time I am confronted. I know deep i my heart that I must confront this issue so that I can move on with my life, but it is very hard for me. (I have also dealt wit rejection in my life so I always see a circumstnace according to whether I will get rejected or not. I really don't wnat to live this way.)
Thank You,
Md27

You might seek out some Christian based groups in your area. Not to build a personal relationship
with but to meet others and just build some friendships. There is the chance in the process that
you will meet someone to build a relationship with. When going to these groups, you need to
remember, there are others with the same or similar problems. You are not alone. But you
should do something to meet new friends while you address your issues. It is possible that you
will meet someone who has already gone through it so they can help a lot.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
You are in my daily prayers. Hugs and God bless, pickles

B

Bornagainchristian

I will pray for you.

Ineke.

M

md27

Thanks for your prayers everyone. In terms of my sister, I have spoken wit her and she is no longer is a relationship with the guy(they do share a son together). I'm planning on joining a ministry in my church so that I can open up more. It is very hard for me to do but I know that that is the necessary step forward.
Thanx.

C

Carpe_diem

First and foremost, pour out your heart to The Father. We can share one another's burdens but only the Lord can lift you above it. Surrender the burden of the people and circumstances that you have no power or control over to the only One who does. God is in control...halleluYAH!

Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

You need to ask yourself two questions: What are you responsible for and not responsible for? Don't take ownership of things that don't belong to you...this is why you are burdened.

Psa 62:7 In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.
Psa 62:8 Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.

I pray you do not just read these words...understand = chew, so that you can swallow and digest His food.

Trusting InHim,
Carpe_diem

N

NoTearsShed

Well its good that you talked to her & that shes not with him, Its a good thing you plan on joining a ministry in your church =D
May God be with you & help you find the right friends & heal you in the inside & out =D

M

md27

Yes, I do believe that the Lord heals all wounds in his time. Thanx.