My Mental Illness

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

mrsouthside

My Mental Illness is taking ahold of me again, Stress turns into depression, depression turns into not wanting to do or talk or see anyone or anything. Depression turns into anxiety and nightmares

Hanady

Apr 20, 2012
"Don't worry about anything, instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done". Philippians 4:6
Will pray for you :)

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord break these chains of suffering, and make him free so that He can praise and worship you, Amen.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
My Mental Illness is taking ahold of me again, Stress turns into depression, depression turns into not wanting to do or talk or see anyone or anything. Depression turns into anxiety and nightmares
From another post I know that you have a very comprehensive understanding of these things, I commend you for that and I pray in Jesus Name that it give you comfort and lead you out your dark places. What I would add about your point no. 1 is that all illness is wrought by satan and therefore demonic in nature. Now let me explain that. God never intended for us to be sick. satan brought that upon the flesh when he caused man to fall. So while I agree that any one illness may or may not be the result of a demonic oppression (and most of them aren't, even without them it's still flesh), just the fact that we get ill is. So even tho a chemical imbalance is the cause, beyond that is the cause of the chemical imbalance.

I hope that puts one more sword in your scabbard.

Lord God, thankYouthankYouthankYou that by the blood of Your Son I am able to approach you, just giddy at what an honor it is. And I show you this one, mrsouthside, and his incredible understanding of what ails him, thankYouthankYouthankYou for that gift. And I showcase for You his faith, that even with that gift of knowledge he still presents here in faith for You. There's a lot of people Lord with heads full of knowledge who believe that replaces You. Reward southside accordingly, may I amen to all the things he asks. Lord, he is in battle; I pray angels be sent to him, and a hundredfold, to battle and occupy the enemy. Send more to bear him up and provide ministry. I ask that the Blood of Christ be poured out over him, and within, to cleanse and purify like fire the flesh that is afflicted. I command any spirits contrary to the Lord Jesus be silenced and bound, and to afflict him no longer. May the Holy Spirit be likewise poured out, to to further cleanse and wash out that which his failed God and man, and to fill him with a restored spirit. Lead him to doctors and professionals whom You have blessed to handle the flesh, as I sense You have already done, but please, do continue :) Lord God I know You are the light in mrsouthside's dark places. Now shine brightly there so that no darkness may be found. Lord God heal this man, and I ask that knowing that even if it's not here and now, it is ultimately! Praise You Lord God for that, let that be the basis of our mustard seed faith as we ask this in Jesus' Name.

Amen

A

Arlene89

Mrsouthside, I am sorry you are going through this painful season in life, I'm sorry that you are suffering. But let me tell you that I am a woman free from depression and suicidal tendencies. I was diagnosed with anxiety depression at 22 years of age, but I battled with depression since 14 years of age, the age I first attempted suicide. I suffered 8 long years of emotional, mental and spiritual torment that almost took me to the grave.

But there is hope, it is found in Jesus. One of my favourite scriptures is this, Psalm 42:11 "Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Saviour and my God." Place your hope in the Lord like your life depends on it, move God's heart with a cry from your inner most being, and I promise you He will respond.... like He did for me.

At 22 years of age, I was about to take my life. I came to the end of everything I am and couldn't stand to take another breath, to walk on or to drag my feet through this thing called 'life'. And so I cried out to God, a God I thought wanted nothing to do to me. But because I cried out, because I yearned for one to save me from myself, He answered, He came, and He instantly delivered me from the depression that covered my vision and blinded me from truth. In my complete brokenness, He filled me until I was overflowing, He submerged me in the Hope and Peace my soul longed for.

I am sharing this testimony because I want to pass this blessing on to you. Be encouraged, I pray that this testimony stirs something in you. God is alive and responsive. He is a healer and restorer of our souls. I am believing He is set out for the broken hearted... and He had His heart set on you. Open up and receive Him in to those places deep within you.

Lord Jesus, I lift up MrSouthside to You, awaken his soul to the hope that is found in You. Lift the veil from his eyes and bring clarity where the fog of depression has covered him. Restore the places of his soul that are hurting, take his heart and breathe new life in to it. I declare this depression broken and rendered powerless in the name of Jesus Christ. I release the chains from this man by the power of the Holy Spirit. This bondage will not stand against the power of Your mighty name, Jesus. Let this man experience increase of joy, increase of supernatural peace, flood him in Your goodness, God. Thank you for this healing, in Jesus' name, Amen.

M

mrsouthside

Feeling better thank you for your prayers

A

ALillian

mrsouthside :) bn reading you brother, i'm so glad you are feeling better. You always brighten up my day with your lllllllialllllllllllnn LOL God bless you!

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Im glad you are doing better, Ill keep you in my prayers in Jesus for all healing and peace. :)

God bless
pickles

C

CEF

We have a great physician that wants to heal, and help you. Philippians 4:6-7 says "Don't worry about anything but in everything, through pray and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses every thought, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus" Simple He wants to deal with it so why take whatever it is upon yourself. I'm praying for you. There is nothing to worry about, you got this!

C

cr

Lord Jesus I pray for mrsouthside who is being attacked by the enemy in a form of mental illness. I pray that you provide him the tips to relax and express his knotted feelings. Please help him to stay strong whenever the wave of depression kicks into him in Jesus name Amen

L

livinginfaith

As you ease into prayer, keep a peaceful mind. Subside from all wordly stresses; which your loving kindness, you are freed, the Gospel of John.

Feb 21, 2014
As you ease into prayer, keep a peaceful mind. Subside from all wordly stresses; which your loving kindness, you are freed, the Gospel of John.
There are some great, comforting verses for the believer in John's Gospel!

(Good to see you on the forums, livinginfaith .)

V

vansfordave

Chocolate, sunlight and exercise. Praying for you.

Dec 19, 2009
Pray pray pray.

Pray constantly. 1 Thess 5:17 RSV

J

jpasap

I understand what you are going through. All we can do is pray and ask to heal us. I will pray for you.

D

Dalisa

Do not worry about the day of tomorrow. Stay in today.

Trust the Lord he will not fail nor forsake you.

Trust yourself, be strong confident and firm, because the Lord Goes with you. You have a sound mind.
Do not let the Enemy tell you different. Sometimes you cant help it when negative thoughts pop up in your mind.
But It is your choice too dismiss them or to keep thinking about them and let them grow.

I understand your feelings. Im dealing with depression too. This verse below helped me.
Remember things will get good. Its only for a little while.

And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.

B

Biblical

Hi, I joined this forum because I saw your prayer request. I was diagnosed with Major depression probably in 2001 (after many episodes starting as young as 9) and have been on medication since (although I resisted it for a long time). Reading the bible and meditating on the word really helps. My career is in the medical field and The Lord sent me to work for two psychiatrists for about five years (including a Christian Psychiatrist), in that time I was able to learn a lot about the physical and psychological side of a mental illness including the physical factors involved.

One thing I learnt is that your feelings follow your thoughts, so meditating on the word of God is essential, but I also learned that for some reason some of us are not going to be healed miraculously from a mental illness but live with it for the rest of our lives. Another thing is that at some point there are changes in your body that go on from the depression and it is not then just a case of thinking happy thoughts but your mind is in an altered state and not thinking rationally like you normally would. This is when intervention is needed most, by prayer, but sometime by treatments as well such as medication or ECT. I know that a lot of Christians I have come across, don't believe in chemical treatment for Bipolar, depression and ADHD. But The Lord showed me years ago that for me medication meant that I could live a normal life with the disease in remission. Again I am not sure why I haven't been healed miraculously and I struggle with it and maybe one day I will be free from it, but for now, I praise God that I can raise my children, live a normal life and believe on his word. I believe that I have been more susceptible to attacks from the enemy and my thought life has been a struggle and foremost prayer has been the answer and being humble enough to accept help from health professionals and relearning how to think including believing what The Lord says about his love for me in the scripture. Be blessed and healed in the name of Jesus.

Philippians 3:13-14 “Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus

K

kittycat7

Lord, Heal this person in Jesus Name. The Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one.

K

Kelly723

Mrsouthside, God loves you more than you can imagine. I pray that the Word of God will heal you, bring breakthrough in your though, give you strenght to overcome and bring His love to stqy in you, in Jesus most powerful name i pray!