Mysterious Spiritual Battles

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

emekrus

Jun 1, 2015
www.righteousfaith.wordpress.com
“For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” Ephesians 6:12

This month of November 2015, is the month God promised me for marriage. Although, due to church processes and procedures, the marriage rites and ceremony have been pushed forward to next year.

But regardless, as a man of faith, I believe this month of November, is the month when my marriage is to be consummated in heaven in the spiritual realm. So naturally, I trusted God to begin to confirm his promises to me, with divers signs and wonders.

According to my faith, by the beginning of this month, God has indeed answered one of my most pressing desires needed for the effectual kick-off of the marriage. But on the other hand, I never expected that the hordes of hell were going to be on the loose against me.

It all started that on the very first day of November 2015- which is my spiritual month of marriage- that after praying in the morning, as I decided to sleep awhile before finally getting up to my normal routine business, that I experienced a very funny nightmare before waking up.

As I awoke, I didn’t pay much attention to it. Because I was oblivious of the fact that it was a satanic attack.

Then the very next morning after that episode, at the very same situation and exact time, as I tried to wake up from my sleep, I found out that in the spirit realm –call it the dream realm- as I tried to leave my bed to go and open my door, a kind of force seemed to drag me back to my original position on my bed. With my hand tightly bound to my pillow in exactly the same way I was holding it before I slept off.

I struggled all I could with that satanic binding power in that spirit realm to wake up out of my sleep. But all my efforts were to no avail. Then finally, after I had exhausted all I knew to do, and was fagged out of struggling with the binding force, in my helpless state, I just said; “Jesus, thou man of war, won’t you save me?”

Immediately I said that, the binding force just loosed its grip; then immediately reached out for my throat, so I won’t continue with my supplication. But then I just struggled to continue pleading for help from the Lord, and within one or two seconds, the force eventually left hold of me completely. And I woke up out of my sleep, totally unhurt physically.

But then, as I awoke from my sleep, apart from being grateful to the Lord for his timely intervention, I was spiritually angry- wondering how those inferior forces could ever get access to me.

So the very next day, with righteous indignation, I made up my mind that I was going to deliberately sleep by the exact same time those forces used to attack me. Let me see if they will still have the nerve to attack me after my prayers, with my faith fully in place.

But surprisingly, after a few minutes of sleeping off, about the same time I was supposed to get up, in the spirit realm, right on top of me, was a dark force exerting pressure on me. Then with my full confidence, I laid hand on the force, and screamed Jesus, Jesus, but all my screams were to no avail (I believe, it’s probably because I was not invoking the name from my spirit, but rather from my mind).

While I was still screaming Jesus, to my dismay, I just found myself floating in the air in the spirit realm. Then all of a sudden, I had a leading in my heart to speak in tongues. As I decided to do that, I found out that there was a binding force to my throat as well, trying to inhibit the utterances from flowing from my spirit to my mouth.

But as soon as I forced myself through to speak out the tongues, with only two or three utterances, I discovered the force lost its grip, then I just quickly screamed “Holy Ghost!” and immediately, I awoke from my sleep.

After that particular episode, I quickly sensed I was under a special satanic attack. And there certainly must be a root cause of it- I thought to myself. And to be very honest, I was even becoming apprehensive.

So I decided I was going to ask God to show me the root cause of the attack- so I could deal with it from the root. Instead of counter-attacking from the defensive side. I prayed earnestly for revelation that night before sleeping…

Then in the morning, as I awoke from my sleep, the Holy Spirit started pouring the revelation of the spiritual door I opened for the attack to my head. He revealed to my thought, like a sermon, on the subject of “pride”. When I perceived that the Holy Spirit was revealing to me that the root cause of my attack was pride, I was confused, because to me then, as I checked through my conscience, and my lifestyle, I couldn’t find anything that related to pride.

But then, eventually, I got to praying and before I got through with my early morning prayers, the revelation was clarified to my mind by the Holy Spirit…

Prior to that time, I had always undermined many testimony I ever heard on people being demonically attacked. And even the preceding Sunday-prior to the series of attacks- I had undermined the testimony of a demonic machination, given in church service by my present church’s General Overseer.

Oblivious to me, the devil and his cohorts, recognized it as a spiritual pride, and probably used it to accuse me before God, and eventually found a loop hole to get close attacks at me.

Then immediately I realized that, I quickly repented of my sin (spiritual pride) and asked God for mercy, then subsequently, the attacks were mitigated-but it certainly didn’t end there…

But a single article such as this, will not be enough to exhaust the story and all the weapons of effective spiritual warfare that I eventually discovered in the process of these series of spiritual battles. I’ll conclude the story and expose these weapons in my subsequent posts. But in the interim, just know that at the root of over 90% spiritual attacks is sin.

And you can begin 90% of the winning process, by asking the Holy Spirit to search your heart and reveal any form of sin in you. And as he does that, consciously repent of it, and every other known or besetting sin and ask God for forgiveness…

I see God taking over all your spiritual battles from this moment, as you surrender your life to him in total purity, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ!

Remain Blessed!

Emeke Odili

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
This month of November 2015, is the month God promised me for marriage. Although, due to church processes and procedures, the marriage rites and ceremony have been pushed forward to next year.
Did God lie or was your Church processes stronger than God or were you just hearing things?

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
Sorry, but to be spirituell marriged sounds for me little strange.
What is about your would be? How she is seeing this?
whats about Gods promiss to you? Acording my understanding god is holding his promisses ever

emekrus

Jun 1, 2015
Did God lie or was your Church processes stronger than God or were you just hearing things?
No, of course God cannot lie. The error was from my own end. After God told me that my marriage was for this year and that I should choose a date, for which I chose this month, as I set out in search of the bride, my eyes was covered by doctrine. And of course, God just wanted me to marry the right person he had prepared for me, who had been my best friend for four years.

So he had to clear out the doctrinal coverage before revealing her to me. You know, God does not force his will on any man.

As for the church procedures, when we eventually went to the church, we were told that we must follow the church procedures. I tried to pull out but God intervened and told me to obey constituted authority.

emekrus

Jun 1, 2015
Sorry, but to be spirituell marriged sounds for me little strange.
What is about your would be? How she is seeing this?
whats about Gods promiss to you? Acording my understanding god is holding his promisses ever

Well, as a man of faith, I believe things get accomplished first in the spirit realm before manifesting physically. Then as for how she is seeing it, she is perfectly at peace with the marriage processes because she also has a great spiritual understanding.

And God have been giving us great revelations that have been helping our faith through the process of waiting.

For instance, God have revealed to us independently, the sex and name of our first child, even when we are still preparing for the marriage.

emekrus

Jun 1, 2015
As for being sure whether I heard from God or not, yes I'm certainly sanguine it is God I heard. Because apart form the first time he spoke to me about the date of the marriage, he has also confirmed same with other two revelations. One to me, and the other to my younger sister. And of course, the Bible says in the mouth of two or three witnesses is every matter established.

So as for the little delay, I'll take it to be the consequence of my timely insensitivity.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
Well, as a man of faith, I believe things get accomplished first in the spirit realm before manifesting physically. Then as for how she is seeing it, she is perfectly at peace with the marriage processes because she also has a great spiritual understanding.

And God have been giving us great revelations that have been helping our faith through the process of waiting.

For instance, God have revealed to us independently, the sex and name of our first child, even when we are still preparing for the marriage.
Hi emekrus, where in the bible it is taught that what we are doing physically first to have accomplished in the spirit? Thats the first time i heared about.

emekrus

Jun 1, 2015
Hi emekrus, where in the bible it is taught that what we are doing physically first to have accomplished in the spirit? Thats the first time i heared about.
Please chew on the following scriptures and tell me what you make of them:

Eph 1:3-4
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
[SUP]4 [/SUP]According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

[h=1]1 Peter 1:18-20King James Version (KJV)[/h] [SUP]18 [/SUP]Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

[SUP]19 [/SUP]But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
[SUP]20 [/SUP]Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

[h=1]Romans 4:16-18King James Version (KJV)[/h] [SUP]16 [/SUP]Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,
[SUP]17 [/SUP](As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.

[SUP]18 [/SUP]Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
Please chew on the following scriptures and tell me what you make of them:

Eph 1:3-4
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
[SUP]4 [/SUP]According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

I think we can not really imagine what this means in detail. But i cant see that means that before we getting something physically we will get this spiritual. That means before you buy a PC, you will get it accomplished in the spirit realm.
Thats i find not in the bible!

1 Peter 1:18-20King James Version (KJV)

[SUP]18 [/SUP]Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

[SUP]19 [/SUP]But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
[SUP]20 [/SUP]Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

What has this to do with, getting something accomplished in spirituel realm, before physical?

Romans 4:16-18King James Version (KJV)

[SUP]16 [/SUP]Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,
[SUP]17 [/SUP](As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.

[SUP]18 [/SUP]Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be.

Well, Abraham got a promise which he trustet, in spite that would be from logic impossible because of hand his wife age.
This promise was physically and had no spiritual realm.

You told that you got from god the promise to marrige this month. Now you tell this is meant in the spiritual realm, because you cant realize it physically. Is this not a try to explaine why the marrige will not be in november, althoug you have the promise from god?

The scriptures you mentioned are according my understanding not a proof for your theorie to get the things first in the spiritual realm before we get it physicaly.

emekrus

Jun 1, 2015
Well, Abraham got a promise which he trustet, in spite that would be from logic impossible because of hand his wife age.
This promise was physically and had no spiritual realm.

You told that you got from god the promise to marrige this month. Now you tell this is meant in the spiritual realm, because you cant realize it physically. Is this not a try to explaine why the marrige will not be in november, althoug you have the promise from god?

The scriptures you mentioned are according my understanding not a proof for your theorie to get the things first in the spiritual realm before we get it physicaly.

Well, you may not understand what I mean now because I got what I'm trying to explain to you from a revelational knowledge of the scriptures. In case you don't understand or believe my revelation, don't worry I believe in due course, God will expound it to you better.

As for me, I'm carrying on with my marriage plans with total focus, trusting God to bring into the physical realms soon what he has already perfected in the spiritual realms so the folks who will only believe after seeing can also believe.

M

Miri

Hi emekrus,

I think I get what you are saying, although there may be some cultural
differences and the way things are worded which might be causing confusion.

I suppose for most in here we would think of it as prayer and asking and seeking
God's purpose for our lives and believing what God is saying when we are led to
prayer in a certain way. There are times when a person may feel led to
declare certain things over their lives. Is this what you mean?

Incidentally I go to a multicultural church and have several Nigerian friends.
Their faith and utter dependence on God is something we could all do well to
take note of.

As for the spiritual attack, I got a lot of Godly dreams there are others on here
who do also. I have experienced what I can only describe as Satanic dreams which
have left me feeling shaken upon waking. These have been rare and personally I
have never felt physically harmed by them.

Sometimes I think it is possible to focus too much on the satanic to such a degree that
it can become the focal point rather than Jesus. For the average Christian it is probably
better to focus on Jesus, there is power in the name of Jesus, as I don't think many of us
understand or are equipped for the very real spiritual battle which goes on around us.

There are others who are called into that battle, who fully understand that battle,
who know how to really put on the whole armour of God and completely know their
position in Christ.

Honestly I think for the spirit filled born again Christian, it is not possible to be
possessed by demons. They can however attach themselves to us externally.
I do know people this had happened to I won't say any more though as it would be
unhealthy to have a thread which focuses on this subject. You might want to bear
this is mind with what ever you were thinking of sharing, as a fascination
with the demonic can be triggered by sharing certain things openly without
exercising judgement.

As for your own experiences , I can only suggest that
you speak God's word over yourself, speak it with conviction, believe it in your
heart and let your focus be Jesus alone.

Also look at whether or not you may have anything, any objects in your house
which you need to get rid of which are spiritually unhealthy.

I have some missionary friends who are very careful of the kinds of trinkets they
buy in Africa because of the very real association with the occult and things they
have experienced, but again I don't want to say too much about this.

God bless

emekrus

Jun 1, 2015
Well, my friend, I had the same point of view as you now do just last month here, until this very month I've learnt better. To quote Rev J.P Timmons, "I'm not one of those who see a demon in every rock... I don't just see one, I see seven of them".

If not how would you explain a preacher running mad to the extent of being admitted in a psychiatric home? How do you explain the numerous so-called believers who are nymphomaniac and even sexual perverts.

All that have got to be demonic influences. Though I'm not here to exalt demonic power because I know they very small compared to the power of God in a true believer. But yet many believers have been taken advantage of by the devil and his cohorts, by totally blinding their eyes to the war he is waging against them while they pay little or no attention to it.

So many so-called believers would be married for years without a child to show for it, yet they are so ignorant of the fact that it must be the devils. Many come short of the promises of God in many areas of their lives yet they fail to see the devils behind it all. Especially things that are contrary to God's promises in their lives.

My dear, ask God to open up your spiritual eyes, so you can see the devils in peoples situation and help them cast them out.

Feb 5, 2013
Hey my brother....you've got so many strange expressions really. I find it not really related to the word of God. " SPIRITUAL MARRIAGE, SPIRITUAL PRIDE, SPIRITUAL WHATEVER OR ETC...Pls tell us where we can find all these in the scriptures. The verses you gave were not really suited with your theory. And about the name of "Jesus", it seems that you degraded the power and the value of it. Here it is, the Power of the Holy Spirit will work only through the name of Jesus. You just don't how to use it. Kindly stop all your religious nonsense and plz be teachable in the spirit....ok God bless

M

Miri

Well, my friend, I had the same point of view as you now do just last month here, until this very month I've learnt better. To quote Rev J.P Timmons, "I'm not one of those who see a demon in every rock... I don't just see one, I see seven of them".

If not how would you explain a preacher running mad to the extent of being admitted in a psychiatric home? How do you explain the numerous so-called believers who are nymphomaniac and even sexual perverts.

All that have got to be demonic influences. Though I'm not here to exalt demonic power because I know they very small compared to the power of God in a true believer. But yet many believers have been taken advantage of by the devil and his cohorts, by totally blinding their eyes to the war he is waging against them while they pay little or no attention to it.

So many so-called believers would be married for years without a child to show for it, yet they are so ignorant of the fact that it must be the devils. Many come short of the promises of God in many areas of their lives yet they fail to see the devils behind it all. Especially things that are contrary to God's promises in their lives.

My dear, ask God to open up your spiritual eyes, so you can see the devils in peoples situation and help them cast them out.

Be very careful, I know with absolute certainty that greater is He in me,
than he that is in the world. On our own we are powerless but in partnership
with Jesus through the Holy Spirit we are the victors, but only in partnership
with Him. In and of our own strength, we can barely stand, let alone gain spiritual
ground.

Satan loves it when we are ignorant of him. This gives him freelance
to do whatever he wants and we are powerless in our ignorance.
Alternatively he loves it when we focus too much on him as this opens
doors which should never be opened.

As I mentioned earlier some people are called into the very real spiritual
minstry of deliverance but it is not something to treat lightly.

Acts 19:13-17 NKJV
[13] Then some of the itinerant Jewish exorcists took it upon themselves
to call the name of the Lord Jesus over those who had evil spirits, saying,
"We exorcise you by the Jesus whom Paul preaches." [14] Also there
were seven sons of Sceva, a Jewish chief priest, who did so. [15] And
the evil spirit answered and said, "Jesus I know, and Paul I know;
but who are you?" [16] Then the man in whom the evil spirit was
leaped on them, overpowered them, and prevailed against them,
so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded. [17] This
became known both to all Jews and Greeks dwelling in Ephesus;
and fear fell on them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was magnified.

Matthew 12:43-45 NKJV
[43] "When an unclean spirit goes out of a man, he goes through dry places,
seeking rest, and finds none. [44] Then he says, 'I will return to my house
from which I came.' And when he comes, he finds it empty, swept, and put
in order. [45] Then he goes and takes with him seven other spirits more
wicked than himself, and they enter and dwell there; and the last state of
that man is worse than the first. So shall it also be with this wicked generation."

(Notice the house was empty there was no indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Just because
someone says Lord, Lord does not mean they are born again. I actually know of a
vicar who went forward at an alter call to be born again, as he went forward something
in him tried to prevent him. He went forward snarling and grimacing. But he went
forward and was delivered. As I say he was a church vicar but had never been
born again until that day).

Luke 10:17-20 NKJV
[17] Then the seventy returned with joy, saying, "Lord, even the demons are
subject to us in Your name." [18] And He said to them, "I saw Satan fall like
lightning from heaven. [19] Behold, I give you the authority to trample on
serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing
shall by any means hurt you. [20] Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that
the spirits are subject to you, but rather rejoice because your names are
written in heaven."

Matthew 17:18-21 NKJV
[18] And Jesus rebuked the demon, and it came out of him; and the child
was cured from that very hour. [19] Then the disciples came to Jesus
privately and said, "Why could we not cast it out?" [20] So Jesus said
to them, "Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you
have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move
from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible
for you. [21] However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting."

Remember also, we fight the world, the flesh and the devil.

As for comments that barren couples are automatically full of Devils, this is totally
incorrect and I have to disagree with you here. What about the story of Abraham
and Sarah for example.