Native American Indian

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
F

fireflies

My great grandmother was full blooded Native American Indian.

I don't know if anyone will find this book interesting but I do in light of the Japan earthquake.

Black Dawn, Bright Day : Indian Prophecies for the Millennium That Reveal the Fate of the Earth [Paperback] by Sun Bear

you can buy the book through Amazon.com Indian prophecies by Sun Bear

F

fireflies

Sun Bear's Visions of a Troubled Future

In spite of strenuous effort by the Europeans to destroy traditional Native teachings, the teachings have survived, and since 1980 the Indians are returning to their ancient ways in large numbers. Among the Ojibway, the Midewiwin, the Ojibway medicine people, some Indians, as youngsters, have been raised in their traditions by the respected tribal elders. Currently, one of the most famous native medicine men in the world is Sun Bear.

He had two visions, or dreams, that he fulfilled before he passed into spirit (1993). One vision required him to convey Native teachings to the world, which he did by creating the Bear Tribe in Washington State, and together they published American Indian teachings later translated into numerous languages including Greek and Japanese.

In the other vision, about the earth changes, he warned of massive earthquakes, in the magnitude of 11 or 12 on the Richter scale. The size of the Pakistan quake in 2005, that killed over 76,000 people was 7.6. Sun Bear also saw economic stagnation, so severe, that cities would turn into jungles of survival.

"I saw whole cities become desolate because there was no way left for people to support themselves.
Then I saw a vision of the great drought years, a time when the Earth Mother would withhold her increase. I saw great black birds like vultures hovering over withered grain fields, and hungry bands of people traveling
across the land in search of food.
"I knew I must teach people to be self reliant There were only a few people surviving these changes.
"I've seen major destruction and people fleeing great cities, and other people dying from pollution, and cities abandoned.
"I saw camps of people around natural water, such as rivers, creeks and springs, working hard to produce
their food, but thankful to be alive, for only here and there were small bands of people alive, and they
were thankful to the Great Spirit that they were.
"When people came together they embraced with love, even those who were strangers before that moment,
because they knew."

When will this happen? - 2012?

When will this happen? It's happening now! It's as if we are all in a river boat at night, drifting helplessly, and we hear the roar of the water falls becoming louder and louder, closer and closer.

Jesus Christ, in his prophecy, spoke of the end times most succinctly:

"There will come a time of tribulation such as the world has never seen before and will never see again. The sun and moon will not show their light.. . . For the sake of the few this time will be cut short otherwise no living thing would survive.
"When this shall be, no man will know. Not even the Son, only the Father."

It seems as if there is some psychic block; even the Christian prophet Edgar Cayce, who made an astonishing number of accurate predictions, could not give a date or time. Jesus warns that no one will know, and that it will come suddenly, "at a time when you least expect it," he said.

Note from PhilOwl: Keep reading the good news is ahead!

Many cultures have similar prophecies, but one in particular is attracting attention, the mysterious, ancient Mayan calendar. It does point to a specific date. The Mayan calendar, whose age is thought to be 3500 years old, ends on December 21st, 2012. Curiously, December 21st is the Winter solstice, the shortest day of the year. Scholars admire the exactness of the Mayans, who calculated the winter solstice 3500 years into the future! Only recently has our science constructed the machines to do that.

Without electricity the cities rapidly degenerate into a brutish, filthy condition. As an example, the ice storm of 1998 that covered parts of eastern Canada, tore down power lines for six weeks. A women, who shared an apartment in a large apartment building, said in a radio interview when asked,
"What was the worst part of living without power for six weeks?"
"The worst part?" she replied, then after a pause, "The worst part! I don't even want to think about it! It was the bathroom (toilet)!"
Without water in an apartment how do you flush your toilet? Where do you go? Cities degenerate quickly from sophistication to filth.

A modern Chinese philosopher, Lin Yutang, observed,

"Looking at these skyscrapers and these lighted windows in a row at night, one gets more and more conceited about the power of human civilization and forgets what puny little creatures human beings are."

The False Prophets? The True Prophets?

How reliable are these prophecies? As the only white man reporting for an Indian newspaper, I experienced events that stretched my rational mind to the point of exploding. Animals, birds, winds, storms, inexplicably appeared at ceremonies conducted by the medicine people. It is apparent to anyone who is able to l experience the intimacy of the natural world, that the traditional Native people are in an cooperative communication with the forces, or spirits, of Nature; something we city people have lost along the way.

One example, from Sun Bear's Bear Tribe, is the prophecy of the Little Sister (Mount St. Helens) and the Grandfather (Mount Rainier), in which "the Little Sister would speak and the Grandfather would answer." Heeding their spiritual leaders, the Indian tribe living on Mount St. Helens moved away eighteen months before it blew. Many scientists perished trying to determine when it would erupt. Sun Bear said that Mount Rainier, when it explodes, will blow out the land clear to the ocean a hundred miles away.

Sun Bear visited many countries to participate in aboriginal ceremonies.
"To me true Native spirituality is acknowledgment of other people's belief systems"
"There are religions that take a dogmatic approach and say 'I'm right and everyone else is wrong."
"Many people do the sweat loge. Some do it differently. That's okay. Don't get dogmatic. Don't get locked into something."
"If you're going to sit under a tree and meditate and say 'I'm great and holy and am becoming so pure!' That's not it! You've got to use your spirituality on an everyday basis with your fellow human beings. That's what real consciousness is, being able to answer this world."
As he traveled around the world, Sun Bear often had to listen to long-winded philosophies of life. He used to politely interrupt the speaker and say, "If your philosophy doesn't grow corn, then I don't want to hear it."

We can see the changes happening now as weather makes weird shifts, and storms and earthquakes grow in magnitude and frequency. Should we be alarmed? Any medicine person would shake his head and say,
"We come from spirit, we return to spirit."

We must all return to spirit sooner or later. Death is not to be feared; we exist in eternal time.
An ancient Tibetan teaching is "There is the matter, and there is the law. You are the law." Chief Dan George, a respected elder of the Canadian west coast, recorded an English translation of the universal prayer of the Indians. He said,"All the tribes of North America knew this prayer."

If one learns to say it with sincerity, humility and reverence, especially when you are outdoors, gradually one will become attuned to what a human being really is -- a joyful spirit, part of something grand and beautiful, an important part!

O Great Spirit!
Whose voice I hear in the wind;
Whose breath gives life to the world.
Hear me!

I come to you as one of your many children.
I am small and weak,
I need your strength and your wisdom.

May I walk in beauty.
Make my eyes ever behold the red and purple sunset.
Make my hands respect the things that you have made,
And my ears sharp to hear your voice.

Make me strong!
Not to be superior to my brothers,
But to fight my greatest enemy --
My self.

Make me wise.
Teach me the lessons you have taught our elders,
The lessons you have hidden in every leaf and rock.

Make me to walk with straight eyes,
So when life fades, like the fading sunset,
My spirit will come to you
Without shame.

"The Creator desires that we dance happily upon the Earth," said Sun Bear.

May you walk in beauty!
April 2008

F

fireflies

anyone out there?

C

Crazy4GODword

yeah i have native blood in me,,,,but we are all one race now, so we do not have to worry about this either. :)