NCAA FOOTBALL 2017 RANKINGS ARE OUT

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

peacenik

May 11, 2016
Alabama vs FSU

Wow. Bama played like they were the Green Bay Packers of old. Clearly they were the better team and had a much deeper bench. Superb play calling and game plan by Lou Saban who is the sport's best college coach made a huge difference.

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
How come alabama only has the player's numbers on their helmets? Is that a PC thing??

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Don't understand your question. Lots of teams only have the Numbers on their helmets. Their uniforms have not changed for Decades. PC wasn't even a thing in the 50's or 60's. :)

How come alabama only has the player's numbers on their helmets? Is that a PC thing??

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
The Defense did a great job. The Offense left a lot to be desired in my opinion. (just saying) :)

One thing I will never understand is that Wide Receiver Quick Screen. Throwing the ball two or three yards behind the line of scrimmage to a wideout hoping to gain yards? From what I have seen (over the past 3 or 4 years) is that this play only results in positive yards gained about 15% of the time. So why call it 30 TIMES A GAME? Dunno........

Another mistake (as I see it) is when they are 3rd and whatever, and they throw the ball short of the First Down Markers. Seriously? Bama did this at least 9 or 10 times, and only got one First Down from that play. A 90% failure rate SHOULD tell the OC to, oh, I dunno, call something else? :)

FSU has a very good Defense, and they really stopped Bama's running game for the most part. It was a good game, and praying for FSU's QB that his injury isn't too serious.

Alabama vs FSU

Wow. Bama played like they were the Green Bay Packers of old. Clearly they were the better team and had a much deeper bench. Superb play calling and game plan by Lou Saban who is the sport's best college coach made a huge difference.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Yahew........in case you wander by:

A friend of mine kinda chastised me for laughing at you......they have a "condition," and they reminded me of how angry I get when people laugh at them........and, as much as the old soldier in me hates to admit it, they are right.

So, in the event that you actually do have a "condition," I apologize for laughing at you, and slamming you. Now, this does not mean I have any desire to be friends or any such, just that I should not be treating you that way, if you really do have a "condition."

To avoid the temptation of a future incident, I am placing you on my Ignore List so I can not see or read your comments, and will not be tempted to respond.........do as you wish, that's up to you.......

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
The Defense did a great job. The Offense left a lot to be desired in my opinion. (just saying) :)

One thing I will never understand is that Wide Receiver Quick Screen. Throwing the ball two or three yards behind the line of scrimmage to a wideout hoping to gain yards? From what I have seen (over the past 3 or 4 years) is that this play only results in positive yards gained about 15% of the time. So why call it 30 TIMES A GAME? Dunno........

Another mistake (as I see it) is when they are 3rd and whatever, and they throw the ball short of the First Down Markers. Seriously? Bama did this at least 9 or 10 times, and only got one First Down from that play. A 90% failure rate SHOULD tell the OC to, oh, I dunno, call something else? :)

FSU has a very good Defense, and they really stopped Bama's running game for the most part. It was a good game, and praying for FSU's QB that his injury isn't too serious.
your # in the country. you have 5 star players falling out of the tress in tusccloosa. you will most likely win the sec again. but, still you complain.

now, I ain't fussin at you, I said this to make a point- sec fan is always sec fan. nobody in the nation like us.

Last edited:

peacenik

May 11, 2016
Originally Posted by p_rehbein

So why call it 30 TIMES A GAME?

Generally this scheme is a set up intended to draw in the outside linebackers and to try to keep the defensive backs close to the wide outs. Then, the quarterback will option and throw what used to be called a bomb or a long pass. Since the linebackers and defensive backs are so close to the defensive line, they may become vulnerable to a very deep pass for a touchdown. Some times it works, some times it doesn't.

Credit coach Sabin for having excellent special teams which made a great impact in last night's games. Bama will definitely be tough all season long. Their # 1 ranking is well deserved.

Socreta93

Jul 28, 2015
No team at any athletic level should be blowing a 44-10 lead. Heck that was a even bigger lead than the 35-3 lead the Oilers blew 25 years ago

peacenik

May 11, 2016
No team at any athletic level should be blowing a 44-10 lead. Heck that was a even bigger lead than the 35-3 lead the Oilers blew 25 years ago

I left that game and switched to the WVa-VT game because I thought it was too one sided. While the contest at Maryland was a good one, when I think about it, it would have been great to witness such a determined comeback.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I know the "reasoning"...........was being sarcastic.......given that it rarely does what it is intended to do......AND, if the best strategy a team has is to call a play that results in yards lost just to set up a once or twice a game shot at a Hail Marry, THEY DESERVE TO LOSE. :) Seriously.........but Bama ain't the only Team that does this.........I still think it is the dumbest play in Football today......

Generally this scheme is a set up intended to draw in the outside linebackers and to try to keep the defensive backs close to the wide outs. Then, the quarterback will option and throw what used to be called a bomb or a long pass. Since the linebackers and defensive backs are so close to the defensive line, they may become vulnerable to a very deep pass for a touchdown. Some times it works, some times it doesn't.

Credit coach Sabin for having excellent special teams which made a great impact in last night's games. Bama will definitely be tough all season long. Their # 1 ranking is well deserved.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
You are EXACTLY RIGHT! :)

Coach Sabin is probably the only Coach in the Nation who can go 11-1 in the Regular Season, win the Conference, AND the Bowl Game but not the National Championship...........AND HIS JOB BE ON THE LINE. :)

Two weeks ago, I went fishing at Guntersville Lake. Caught 25 Bream, 4 Shell Crackers, a Hybrid Trout, 2 Drum and a Turtle AND COMPLAINED about the "bad day!" Didn't catch NO BIG CATFISH! :) Just like Bama........it's the National Championship or a bad Season.......

your # in the country. you have 5 star players falling out of the tress in tusccloosa. you will most likely win the sec again. but, still you complain.

now, I ain't fussin at you, I said this to make a point- sec fan is always sec fan. nobody in the nation like us.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
You are EXACTLY RIGHT! :)

Coach Sabin is probably the only Coach in the Nation who can go 11-1 in the Regular Season, win the Conference, AND the Bowl Game but not the National Championship...........AND HIS JOB BE ON THE LINE. :)

Two weeks ago, I went fishing at Guntersville Lake. Caught 25 Bream, 4 Shell Crackers, a Hybrid Trout, 2 Drum and a Turtle AND COMPLAINED about the "bad day!" Didn't catch NO BIG CATFISH! :) Just like Bama........it's the National Championship or a bad Season.......
if you have not seen this, check out the video of the bama fans brawling with fsu fans in the stadium. not a good look on ya'll

( I know, we all have our idiot fringe fans, but these guys body-slammed a woman!! )

Huckleberry

Aug 25, 2013
Coach Sabin is probably the only Coach in the Nation who can go 11-1 in the Regular Season, win the
Conference, AND the Bowl Game but not the National Championship...........AND HIS JOB BE ON THE LINE.
That's a load of manure.
There's no way he'll ever be fired from Alabama.
And when he finally retires/dies/takes a better offer,
they'll start choking pretty much immediately.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
No one said he would be fired............goodness..........I WAS SPEAKING OF HOW THE RABID BAMA FAN would react! And, don't tell ME they WON'T, cuz a few years ago when Texas was trying to hire him, and he DID NOT win the Championship, there were MORE THAN A FEW fans shouting for him TO GO WEST!

When it comes to Bama Football, don't EVEN TRY to explain to me what it is about..........just don't......

That's a load of manure.
There's no way he'll ever be fired from Alabama.
And when he finally retires/dies/takes a better offer,
they'll start choking pretty much immediately.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Drunk rednecks are not specifically Bama's. Many folks believe the WORST FANS in the SEC are from LSU! You take your life in your hands when you go to Baton Rouge as the fan of an opposing team...... :)

It never looks good when rednecks act out........but this stuff EVEN HAPPENS in the Big 10, Big 12, Pac 10, and, goodness........the Sunbelt! :)

if you have not seen this, check out the video of the bama fans brawling with fsu fans in the stadium. not a good look on ya'll

( I know, we all have our idiot fringe fans, but these guys body-slammed a woman!! )

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Where is my Georgia Bulldog fan?

How ya feel about Kirby now eh?

:)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I remember watching that game on TV. It was a classic choke.

Socreta93

Jul 28, 2015
Yesterday was a good day for me. Yankees won, PSU won and Ohio St. overrated bums lost as well

Dec 28, 2016
Yesterday was a good day for me. Yankees won, PSU won and Ohio St...lost as well
Buckeyes fan here, and we knew there was no way they should be ranked 2, let alone if even perhaps in the top 25.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Where is my Georgia Bulldog fan?

How ya feel about Kirby now eh?

:)
better, though we will have how he handles the q.b. position when eason gets healthy......