needing help..

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Lynae

I have been having these OCD type of thoughts for a long time, and I am very tired. The thoughts say something like - which I don't mean them AT ALL but they keep repeating in my head - but I say I oath or promise if I don't do this or that, that I would go to hell and other stuff that would lead there.. I don't mean it at all. And i think, don't think that! And then I think it... I'm scared if I don't follow the OCD that the bad stuff would happen.. But if I do continue the OCD I'm afraid it wont stop. I'm thinking since God's all knowing that He knows I didn't mean it and that it hurts me. But I keep thinking, what do I do? I've felt that He heald me before, but then I started thinking again... This OCD makes me tired... I keep saying I'll stop since He's all knowing and loving. but then I find myself doing the OCD. I'm getting frusterated at myself. I've talked some about my OCD to others before but want more answers..

Last edited:
M

MaggieMye

Are You Born again?
IF you are not, you do not have authority over the demon that is harrassing you.
If you ARE, then simply command the demon of OCD and the demon of king Haggag to leave you in the name of Jesus. Every time a thought comes that you know should not be there, speak out loud to the demon that is bringing it to you.
Evidently...God is wanting you to learn about this stuff so that you can RISE UP and become the WARRIOR He created you to be.

Maggie
king Haggage is from the OT and represents the demonic king over mental issues and witchcraft. It is he that Satan has commissioned to 'take you out' so that you cannot fulfill your destiny in the knigdom of Heaven here on earth.

F

FireOnTheAltar

Actually many believers find themselves striving to either stop doing things that they know God wouldn't approve of or to do more of something, like praying or fasting, that they might feel will somehow increase their good standing with God. In fact, I used to keep myself so busy with with ministry and other stuff in order to take my mind off of those things which tempted me, I eventually burned myself out.

Please understand that by making oaths to stop doing something and me staying busy in order to take my mind off of sinful desires is our own way of trying to deal with sin. It's a form of self dependence, or a "works" based salvation. We feel by doing this or by not doing that we can somehow get closer to God.

The real truth is that there absolutely nothing you or I can do to increase God's love for us or somehow work our way into heaven. God is not a respecter of persons, that means that God loves all of us exactly the same. The only difference is our personal understanding of His love for us and how that understanding (or possible lack there of) could become a hinderance in each of our lives.

My sister, God loves you just as you are. You are his beloved daughter. You are beautiful in His eyes and no amount of struggling or striving is going to change His mind for the better or worse. If you are a person of faith then each and every one of God's wonderful promises are for you, and you needn't worry your current condition preventing you from enjoying them.

All that God asks from us is that we love Him with all of our heart, soul and strength and while that can sometimes be a hard thing to do, especially when we find ourselves struggling with our thoughts, just remember that He loves you, you are His precious daughter, He gave his life specifically for you, you redeemed you, He cleansed you... begin to contemplate all of His wonderful promises in heart and I promise those thoughts will go way.

You see, I know from personal experience that God's grace is so powerful that not only does His grace forgive us of sin, but when we fully embrace his wonderful grace in our hearts, His grace has the power to deliver us from sinful tendencies. He did it for me, He most certainly can do it for you!

Love you Sister & God bless!

Last edited:
L

Lynae

They're unwanted thoughts that I don't want or mean to think at all. They're like - and I don't mean to think it nor do I want to - I don't mean it at all -but it says something like if i dont do this or that then I'd go to hell. I don't think It'd happen in itself. But my OCD makes promises and oaths that I don't mean like I'd promise to go there Which I don' mean at all!!! They're unwabted thoughts, I'm scared to even think. these false promises and oaths are scaring me. And I feel very crazy for fighting with thoughts I don't mean.

Last edited:
L

Lynae

Thanks for answeing Maggie and FireOnTheAltar. And yes, I'm born again.

L

Lynae

it wont let me edit my second post anymore so, I wanted to put that I would never promise and mean it to go to hell if I do or don't do something. My ocd does the false promises in my head and those thoughts I don't mean at all though..

F

FireOnTheAltar

Sis, I strongly suggest a good daily devotional that lists all of the promises of salvation and how Christ did it all for us. That way when all those thoughts fill your mind, you can then fall back on all of those wonderful promises and relax with peace and assurance IN your heart that our Father in heaven loves you with a perfect love and that He will never leave you or forsake you so long as you place you trust in Him!

HE LOVES YOU SO MUCH!

M

MaggieMye

VERBALLY RENOUNCE the thoughts when they come. Just say "I renounce this unGodly thought in the name of Jesus!" Spirits of confusion, OCD, fear and rebellion leave me in the name of Jesus Christ!"
Spend some time with Holy Spirit and ask Him WHY it is that these unclean spirits are able to have an influence on you. Ask Him if there is sin you need to repent of or if it could be a generational curse. If it is a generational curse and you need teaching on this, email me.
Maggie

F

FireOnTheAltar

Over the years I have learned that not everything has to do with an evil spirit or some sort of generational curse that needs to be broken. In fact, while in ministry school, one of the classes that I had to take was a deliverance class. Afterward some of the students tried to renounce everything, from the spirit of poverty to the spirit of the common cold. It can get rather crazy sometimes. Now I'm not trying to diagnose Lynae's condition seeing as behavioral issues can be rather tricky. However, I will say this:

Often times (more than not) I have found that most of our issues relate to our own "sense of self" rather than some evil spirit or generational curse. And that most "issues" can be corrected when the person involved obtains a proper understanding, thus drawing a line between where our self reliance needs to come to an end and where we need to embrace and rely on God completely. In many cases, our perception of God and our sense of self is completely out of balance and needs to be corrected. Basically, we are our own worst enemy.

You can shout out all the devils you like however, until that person has proper and balanced understanding, those issues are only going to return and quite possible make things worse due to depression and or guilt that could be felt if the symptoms do indeed return. That is why it is essential that anyone doing any form of deliverance or counseling themselves need to have a balanced perspective and needs to be able to relate that perspective in an simple, easy to understand manner so that people who are set free can stay free.

F

FireOnTheAltar

It can be hard to exercise authority when you don't even understand what kind or even if you actually possess authority. That is why I suggest getting familiar with (specifically scriptures obtaining) the promises of God for the life of the believer. You begin to recite those and get those deep into your heart and I promise evil spirits will flee just like Jesus when He was tempted in the desert by Satan himself.

N

NoahsMom

Lynae, Im OCD. When I was young I did what you do now, out of fear. As I got older, I grew from that stage into cleanliness issues, counting things etc. My kids could never be dirty, EVER, my house had to be spotless ALWAYS, I recheched locked doors at night, checked stove burners repeatedly, checked to see if my kids were breathing repeatedly , I all but wore myself to a frazzle and bout drove scott ( my husband ) insane in the process. At one point after my third child was born, my regular pysichian had me on medication for it, which did not work, just covered it up some. I sought prayer and the word, and it was not easy to stop. However, over the course of the lst 6 or 7 years it has gotten better. I can let some things go, its far better than running myself crazy or so tired I just drop. God is in control , not me. Once I realized that, and just saw it as fear, it gets easier . Ill pray for ya, just take baby steps, and one day at a time, and PRAY!

May 21, 2009
Plead the blood of Jesus on your self every time these thoughts come. Say it out loud. The blood of Jesus covers me. The blood of Jesus from the top of my head to the bottom of my toes. Get behind me Satan. I am a child of God. Do you have any sins you need to repent of? If so confess them to God and ask him to forgive you. Does this run in your family? If so break generational curse. God says you have a sound mind. That is your right. God says you have peace. Say these things out loud.