Never give up, never surrender, stay prayerful in all things.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

ServantStrike

I figured I'd share these figures in their own thread because I spent entirely too much time compiling them. They are a rough sketch of what my online dating experience looked like before I found the woman I intend to marry (and she intends to marry me as well I may add).

I suppose she could always change her mind, but when I've been introduced to her family, her extended family, both of her church families (yeah she has two churches), and her parents and my parents all know and everyone is happy (especially her), I'm pretty dang sure it's set in stone.

I attempted contact with over 400 women across two sites (300 on one and 100 on the other). For this I ended up having somewhat serious conversations with a small handful, and getting only two phone numbers.

The one phone number belonged to a woman who had been raped by her own father. I was actually willing to give that a shot, but she was too damaged, and I'm glad God told me to bail in a spectacular fashion. We never met in person.

The other phone number bore a lot of fruit, but only because I prayed a lot at every stage of the way. This relationship has been a wonderful way to grow in Christ as we share scripture together constantly and our prayer life is very important to us. A lukewarm man would not have won her over.

But here are some funny stories (or scary ones) from the other 399

- I had women ask me to meet at a firing range for a first date (creepy, and this is strike talking here)
- I had a woman get angry and demand to be the mother of my children (super creepy)
- I had the aforementioned father-issue woman
- I met a woman who was probably just going to be a friend, and before seeing her the train I would have taken was derailed, killing several people
- And then I ended up meeting the woman I'm with now, who's inner beauty and servant's heart is so beautiful, not a single person who has ever met her doesn't immediately fall in love with her (myself included). For some reason she feels the same way about me.

So my advice to people is to never give up, even when you're paying to be ignored, you might just find what you were looking for if it's on God's timing. And please be careful! Do not give out phone numbers quickly, meet in public places, etc!

And if you find success, be prayerful and ever vigilant. The relationship is more work even when you both communicate well about literally everything. Sacrifices will be made, hearts will be molded, and bonds will be forged. And you might get hurt - that's the risk you run. It's one that you have to be willing to take or you'll never succeed.

I'm currently laid up with the flu, so hopefully this post made sense.

J

JeniBean

I figured I'd share these figures in their own thread because I spent entirely too much time compiling them. They are a rough sketch of what my online dating experience looked like before I found the woman I intend to marry (and she intends to marry me as well I may add).

I suppose she could always change her mind, but when I've been introduced to her family, her extended family, both of her church families (yeah she has two churches), and her parents and my parents all know and everyone is happy (especially her), I'm pretty dang sure it's set in stone.

I attempted contact with over 400 women across two sites (300 on one and 100 on the other). For this I ended up having somewhat serious conversations with a small handful, and getting only two phone numbers.

The one phone number belonged to a woman who had been raped by her own father. I was actually willing to give that a shot, but she was too damaged, and I'm glad God told me to bail in a spectacular fashion. We never met in person.

The other phone number bore a lot of fruit, but only because I prayed a lot at every stage of the way. This relationship has been a wonderful way to grow in Christ as we share scripture together constantly and our prayer life is very important to us. A lukewarm man would not have won her over.

- I had women ask me to meet at a firing range for a first date (creepy, and this is strike talking here)
- I had a woman get angry and demand to be the mother of my children (super creepy)
- I met a woman who was probably just going to be a friend, and before seeing her the train I would have taken was derailed, killing several people
- And then I ended up meeting the woman I'm with now, who's inner beauty and servant's heart is so beautiful, not a single person who has ever met her doesn't immediately fall in love with her (myself included). For some reason she feels the same way about me.

So my advice to people is to never give up, even when you're paying to be ignored, you might just find what you were looking for if it's on God's timing. And please be careful! Do not give out phone numbers quickly, meet in public places, etc!

And if you find success, be prayerful and ever vigilant. The relationship is more work even when you both communicate well about literally everything. Sacrifices will be made, hearts will be molded, and bonds will be forged. And you might get hurt - that's the risk you run. It's one that you have to be willing to take or you'll never succeed.

beautiful words, hilarious situations and a love story all with the flu. I'm impressed!

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009

- I had a woman get angry and demand to be the mother of my children (super creepy).
But Servant, I only wanted ONE child.

And I WAS TALKING ABOUT A CAT.

*sigh* Alas. I shall take your advice and keep trying.

(CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :):D;) And thank you for telling the rest of us that there are reasons to keep hoping.:))

S

ServantStrike

beautiful words, hilarious situations and a love story all with the flu. I'm impressed!
To be fair, we only got the flu after having known each other for a little while.

I don't know how well the date would have went if it the conversation was "hi, nice to mee... bleeaaargh."

She did get salad stuck in her crazy curly hair on the first date though. That was pretty awesome. I do like the hair...

But Servant, I only wanted ONE child.

And I WAS TALKING ABOUT A CAT.

*sigh* Alas. I shall take your advice and keep trying.

(CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :):D;) And thank you for telling the rest of us that there are reasons to keep hoping.:))

Right, and above all, don't get shot!

[video=youtube;w13PVqOn7QE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w13PVqOn7QE[/video]

Sing it with me everybody:

You hit me tonight, like a Bullet from the bright night sky
You saw me fall down, you saw me die
The days went by, and the World was changing
Opened my eyes, to the Bullet That Saved Me
The days went by, and the World was fading
Opened my eyes, when the Bullet Saved Me

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
Now I have the quote stuck in my head.

Never give up! Never surrender!

Hehe congrats, SS :)

Aug 2, 2009
[video=youtube;-4pg6Jh94Lo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4pg6Jh94Lo[/video]

JonahLynx

Dec 28, 2014
Now I have the quote stuck in my head. Never give up! Never surrender!
My first thought:

[video=youtube;9fdcIwHKd_s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fdcIwHKd_s[/video]

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014

The message every one needed to hear. Why has America been one of the best places to start a successful business? It's the ability to keep failing and come back when something finally works.

400 sounds like the average number. Good for you, buddy!

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Now I have the quote stuck in my head.

Never give up! Never surrender!

Hehe congrats, SS :)

And now I can't get THESE words out of my head...

"Love is a Battlefield". And we're all just prisoners of war!!

[video=youtube;D0EysM1iNMk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0EysM1iNMk&feature=youtu.be[/video]

T

Tintin

Thanks for sharing a little of your trials and triumps, brother. I know I've been greatly encouraged by your post. God bless you and your special lady. You've done very well. :D

L

LiJo

Congratulation SS!!!

Apr 15, 2014
I'm very happy for you, Servy. Praying you feel better soon.