New and lost

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

Bigdaddygold

Hi everyone. I became a born again Christian 2 years ago today. I'm 52 and have many years of sinning experience. I've been baptized, I belong and very involved with my church. I even volunteer at a troubled youth centre. I have read the bible ( there is stuff I scoff at ) and some other readings. I pray on way to work as well. My wife and 2 teenage sons are not involved and I'm trying not to push them. Why am I telling you this? Cause I feel like a fraud and am not sure if I process the holy spirt in my heart. I still have lust in my heart, anger, and many of my previous dark issues. I did quit drugs and booze but if I was offered drugs, I'm pretty sure I would do them ( loved and still miss snorting pain killers) I don't know what to do....

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
You're certainly not a fraud. Hopefully, you will find comfort, support and understanding on this site. Glad to have you join us. Welcome to CC.

Trailblazer

Sep 8, 2014
Welcome aboard,
Jesus knows your heart and your troubles. Christianity is all about having a relationship with the Lord. Do not attempt to hide your sins from the Lord. Talk with the Lord as he is your personal friend. Ask for the Holy Spirit to come into your life daily.
Ask the Lord to guide/lead you in life. Love the Lord with all of your heart.

The rare moments that I am not stumbling on my face in the Christian walk. The Lord will respond as he promises in the scriptures. That has been my personal experience.

Nov 14, 2016
Hi everyone. I became a born again Christian 2 years ago today. I'm 52 and have many years of sinning experience. I've been baptized, I belong and very involved with my church. I even volunteer at a troubled youth centre. I have read the bible ( there is stuff I scoff at ) and some other readings. I pray on way to work as well. My wife and 2 teenage sons are not involved and I'm trying not to push them. Why am I telling you this? Cause I feel like a fraud and am not sure if I process the holy spirt in my heart. I still have lust in my heart, anger, and many of my previous dark issues. I did quit drugs and booze but if I was offered drugs, I'm pretty sure I would do them ( loved and still miss snorting pain killers) I don't know what to do....
****(prayjng) becoming a Christan doesn't mean you won't experience negative issues---- the key is to fill you life with the things if God---- find a Church that will support your faith--- trust the Lord to grow you out of the negative---resist and stay away from all evil influences, they will hinder your faith...

M

Miri

Hi,

God loves you with an everlasting love.
Going church, reading your bible, helping out with youth groups is all good stuff.
But even if you didnt do this, God would still love you with an everlasting love.

Performance based Christianity is always going to be disappointing.
We do things because we love God and because we want to spend time in His company
and among His people. Like if you are married, you do things for your wife because you
love her - yes? Not to gain brownie points (unless you are in the dog house :D).

It should be that way between us and God, (not the dog house bit!)

It takes a bit to come to that knowledge and that point in the Christian walk.
Even when you get to that point, the performance based Christianity is always
still in the back ground waiting to raise its head. It's hard to get rid of.
But once you stat to catch on, it's liberating. It sounds like you are not quite there yet.
But the more you get to know God, the more peace and freedom you will have.

Pray for the Holy Spirit to reveal things to you. :)

Desertsrose

Oct 24, 2016
Welcome Bigdaddygold,

It sounds like you need some encouragement. Keep on keeping on and walk in the strength of the Lord. Remember how it was when you received Jesus as Lord and Savior? Continue in the same way. The Lord has given you the power to endure.

Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, having been firmly rooted and now being built up in Him and established in your faith, just as you were instructed, and overflowing with gratitude. Colossians 2:6-7.

It must be difficult to be the only believer in your home and family. Have you considered speaking with your pastor or elder in church. They can help to encourage and strengthen you and pray with you.

What are some of the issues you have with the scriptures?

Welcome to CC!

Dec 19, 2009
Well, I would do away with the lust and stay away from drugs. Welcome to Christian Chat.

B

Bigdaddygold

Thank you yes I belong to Joy Fountain and the Pastor and I are very close. I have trouble understanding much and have been asking for assistance from him. I guess it's just a learning curve. A lot of it is hard to figure out how to apply in this world

M

Miri

I've not heard of the joy fountain church.

One thing I do know, is of the need to keep things real.
Its important to have a church and friends which are able to minister to your needs.

People who will pray for you, encourage you, rejoice with you, mourn with you,
one which doesn't brush problems under the carpet in a haze of "we are all joyful
Christians you must be joyful too". Not that I'm suggesting your church does that.
But maybe it does from the title?

Does your church offer counselling sessions. As in qualified counselling? If so maybe try
that out. If not you may want to try some sort of drug or anger management
counsellng outside of the church. Pastors don't always make the best counsellors,
few are qualified to do so.

Or maybe you could see if your church has any men's groups.

B

Bigdaddygold

Joy fountain is a non denomination Christian Church out of Winnipeg Manitoba Canada and it's fantastic. They never make me feel like a fraud...it's me that does it. You know the mountain that's in the way to heaven? That's me

M

morganwe

I can't stop drinking. Trying to become a member here but not supported by my mobile phone. All roads lead to dead ends. I'm so tired of this.

Trailblazer

Sep 8, 2014
I can't stop drinking. Trying to become a member here but not supported by my mobile phone. All roads lead to dead ends. I'm so tired of this.
One of the things I like about the Bible!...Its a blueprint of life for us from the creator. We are all in a battleground of things that are against Gods will for us.. Even the destruction of our soul.

We have our sinful nature of the flesh.Thanks to Adam and Eve, We have Satan the tempter. Yet he can make us do nothing.
He can tempt others to work against us. We have the world system. For this world is Satan's for the time being.

As Christian believers. We have the Holy Spirit within us. The Scriptures tells us that!... He who is in us, Is greater then what is in the world. There is also scripture saying as believers, We are no longer a slave to sin.. What this means! We choose our coarse. We willfully choose to sin. We are not a powerless victim in this matter. We can own that, and take responsibility for our own actions.

The Bible also tells us we can Be in the Spirit of God, or be in the Sinful nature of the flesh. Once again we have a choice in this matter. I find it fascinating with some spiritual discernment. We may become aware of what forces may be at work around us. Then choose a Biblical course of action.if we are being smart about things.

One of the greatest assets we can have in this battleground. Is being completely filled with the Holy Spirit. This should be a daily filling. For we are as empty vessels. If we are not filled with the Spirit daily. Darkness will find its way in and send us down the wrong road.

N

narrowispath

Hi, I understand. I too have teenage sons ( 2 ) and have felt like you do but
GOD does know and a recovery process will start once we acknowledge these
then HE will start the transformation but it will not be easy but we have to
change and win..

N

narrowispath

Check out my video on born again. youtube.com/watch?v=rp6km0UUeaY&t=1303s
I hope you will like them and grow in GOD.

M

Miri

Hi Bigdaddy, just a thought.

Its important to get to the root cause of why you want to take drugs, drink,
anger etc whatever it is.

Often people use the above as a form of escape to escape from the realities of
life. Becoming a Christian does not necessarily mean instant healing from past issues.
Its kind of like the start of a journey, if your still feel the need to take drugs, you need
to think about why that is and get help dealing with that if you can.