New from AZ, USA

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
W

woofer

Gang,

Thanks for allowing me to be here and a part of the community. I'll keep this brief since I don't feel too well right now.

I'm a recovering alcoholic/addict that has been in and out of the rooms of AA for around 10 years. For some reason I've never been able to find a God that means something to me, that has a depth and weight in my life. I've been pretty much an atheist for the past five years, but a recent relapse and the despair I've been feeling have me wanting so badly to believe in the Christian God that I was exposed to as a kid. I'm so lonely and scared, I've been trying for so long to live by my own self-propulsion and it always ends up in disaster for me, not just with drinking/using but with relationships and keeping anyone in my life. I so badly need a power bigger than me by which I can live, I'm so tired of myself and all the pain I keep causing to those around me. I want to believe, I want it so bad.

Thanks for anyone listening,

Michael

W

woofer

Thanks, I too have an orange tabbie named Rivers :)

Laish

Jul 31, 2016
Welcome Woofer
Glad Your here . Cool to see another friend of Bill W here at CC .
yea I know it’s hard bro . I am a recovered drunk my self . I had also gone the atheist route my first few being sober.
Odd thing I live here in Arizona too . Your story looks familiar here is mine in short form below .If you can relate and want to
chat pm me . Also there are some other folks that are recovered here too . So you can chat with them if like .
http://christianchat.com/testimonies/139624-little-about-me-so-yall-can-know-where-i-am-coming.html
Blessings
Bill

S

SweetmorningDew78

Hi! Michael :) Welcome :)

Yeah...because nothing in this world could satisfy...could fill us...only Christ can do that... Seek His face and read His word bro...take a brave step to surrender all to Him...

Matthew 11:28 Come to me all you who are weary and burdened,and I will give you rest 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart,and you will find rest for your souls 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

God bless you ❤

J

joefizz

Welcome here you can discuss with bible smart people and possibly make new friends,hope you like it here!

Sac555

Nov 30, 2016
Dear woofer,
With teary eyes I read your post...so sad you are going through a hard time. but so glad to read you want to know God more personally. I too have figured out that life without God in my life is nearly impossible. Just know that all you have to do is say to God that you believe in Him, and His son that came to die for our sins. Jesus as our Saviour took all our past and future sins to the cross with Him...because God knew we couldn't do it alone. The world is too hard a place and too many temptations...Just know He knows! He is waiting for you to reach to Him! And you are! We have a family verse we now lean on ..Prov. 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding...acknowledge Him in everything and HE WILL DIRECT YOUR PATHS!!!! It has helped us over and over...I hope it helps you, too.
It is good to get around a group of believers that can help you along the way. That is why churches are good, although you sometimes have to go right to the pastor for help to know where to go. That's okay! Remember the church is made up of sinners like us all! I found several links to some ideas where to turn in this article.
I hope this helps! Just know that ALL of heaven rejoices when one sinner comes to call Him Lord! He is waiting for your invitation! Trust that He wants to help. You are worthy, blessed and planned on being here! hugs too...